• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Why are the Youtube comments so bad?

KhTcYt7.png

A lot of people don't like Alex, just have to accept that I guess.

Xater

Looking at the PAX schedule it seems like Jeff will do Color Commentary this time during the Rumble. That seems like a good idea.

Wait what now, a new Endurance Run, the only reason I realized it existed was because it was the video that popped up after I finished watching the Attack on Titan QL. That was a pleasant surprise.

Seventy70

Dan's move makes me worry about the Bombcast. Even while he was gone, it felt really boring. They need something to liven it up a bit more. I feel like they are overly serious about the format of it. They used to to be fine going off on tangents and doing weird stuff. Nowadays, it's like they're just going through the motions every week.

Dan's move makes me worry about the Bombcast. Even while he was gone, it felt really boring. They need something to liven it up a bit more. I feel like they are overly serious about the format of it. They used to to be fine going off on tangents and doing weird stuff. Nowadays, it's like they're just going through the motions every week.

Dan is going to be back on it for a while, by the time he's gone East they'll likely have their new hire and he/she will probably give it a new dynamic.

hamchan

They don't have the mix of people for it. Brad, Drew and Jason are all on the quiet side. Jeff can pull out energy only occasionally.

Meanwhile the Beastcast has Jeff B, Dan and Vinny who are all pretty high energy or can start a weird conversation that provides quality entertainment. Alex is the necessary, dour, straight man that gives a good contrast to all the nonsense. Plus Alex actually does speak a lot too.

jaina

Every single night
The same arrangement
I go out and fight the fight
I've been making shows of trading blows
Just hoping no one knows
That I've been going through the motions
Walking through the part
Nothing seems to penetrate my heart
Will I stay this way forever?
Sleepwalk through my life's endeavor?
Whatever.
I don't want to be
Going through the motions
Losing all my drive
I can't even see
If this is really me
And I just want to be
Alive!

GB West could use another musical episode

Scizzy

I thought the last episode with Danny was fantastic and the one with Alexa was quite good as well. Only one that I remember dragging was the one Jeff missed.

Controversial statement: best part about Dan in NYC is that Vinny tells fewer dad jokes around him, harkening back to classic Vinny.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think they know about their Bombcast dynamic. That's why they had so many guests in recent ones.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I thought the last episode with Danny was fantastic and the one with Alexa was quite good as well. Only one that I remember dragging was the one Jeff missed.

Controversial statement: best part about Dan in NYC is that Vinny tells fewer dad jokes around him, harkening back to classic Vinny.

just wait till Dan announces the spawn of a ryckert.

SomberOwl

I like the more serious and structured nature of the Bombast. What I'm worried about is the Beastcast turning into a complete comedy show now. They already do a lot of comedy bits and pull emails they can make jokes around. With Dan there it might just turn into a complete farce. They need someone like Austin again. They had the best podcast when it was Vinny, Alex, Jeff B, and Austin. Those were the best podcasts in my opinion. I feel like everything is going to just be jokey all the time now.

Anyway I hope the West crew hirers a complete unknown to join the team just so people don't go all crazy with their pre-conceived notions on how said person would / will fit in a GB.

Harpuia

Still thinking about how they only spoke about Dan staying in NY, maybe spending about 10 minutes and no more on PAX itself. Then proceeding to waste time on PAX Wrestling stuff, leading into a Shenmue ER reveal.

I liked their panels because it mostly meant them holding a smaller bombcast where everyone in GB gets together. With the occasional shenanigan from John Drake and co..

Man PAX Wrestling has always felt like someone decided to film their company picnic event. Maybe it's because I haven't been following it since the beginning. I'm glad everyone involved has fun with it though.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Alright, after watching the QL somebody tell me what AoT is about. If it's about Teenagers discovering the worth of friendship and sometimes maybe there's a giant naked man I'll throw it on the "Don't care" pile. If it's about "Hey giant naked man are attacking! what's happening!" I might actually watch it.

Basically if those things are like zombies in Walking Dead and are just a backdrop for a bunch of human drama I'm out.

Man if anything this makes me want to get Jason and Jeff drinking beers and watching anime and MST2King that shit

I'll second that.

Alright, after watching the QL somebody tell me what AoT is about. If it's about Teenagers discovering the worth of friendship and sometimes maybe there's a giant naked man I'll throw it on the "Don't care" pile. If it's about "Hey giant naked man are attacking! what's happening!" I might actually watch it.

Basically if those things are like zombies in Walking Dead and are just a backdrop for a bunch of human drama I'm out.

It's not about either of those things, it's like the opposite of teenagers learning friendship. Leans more towards the second at the start of the series, then it's more of a "what's going on" with people dying and things being left unanswered. There's a bunch of human drama down the line.

Jintor

Nobody discovers the worth of friendship in AoT. The worth of stabbing a dude(?) trying to eat your friends in the neck maybe.

it's like jason said though, there is a lot of yelling

Xater

Nah it's all about fighting the Titans off and figuring out what is actually going on with them.

Also friendship is only temporary considering how many people just get eaten.

Gurrry

I wasnt on board with Dan to NYC until I saw the content they were putting out this past month.

Im gonna miss him on UPF, but I hope that GBE starts their own version of UPF and starts putting out more content on a regular basis.

Congrats on everything Dan and thanks for the good times in the West!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Nah it's all about fighting the Titans off and figuring out what is actually going on with them.

Also friendship is only temporary considering how many people just get eaten.

That sounds way better than I anticipated. Maybe I'll have to find a way to watch that.
Is there an ending to this or will this be like a One Piece situation where my Grandchildren maybe can watch the final episode if they eat properly and don't start smoking

Xater

That sounds way better than I anticipated. Maybe I'll have to find a way to watch that.
Is there an ending to this or will this be like a One Piece situation where my Grandchildren maybe can watch the final episode if they eat properly and don't start smoking

The Manga is still ongoing and I don't think thee is an ending in sight yet. The Anime has only one season so far. Season 2 comes next year I think. I only watched the first season and enjoyed it a lot. Usually my opinion on Anime these days is that it's trash.

demidar

Last I heard the show (manga?) turned ultra boring, rife with shitty political drama.

I really liked Attack on Titan when I first started watching it. Unfortunately I dropped off about half way through when it seemed to be losing steam. I'll probably go back to watch it all eventually.

Speaking of One Piece though, I've just started watching it and the sheer amount of episodes is very daunting.

demidar

I really liked Attack on Titan when I first started watching it. Unfortunately I dropped off about half way through when it seemed to be losing steam. I'll probably go back to watch it all eventually.

Speaking of One Piece though, I've just started watching it and the sheer amount of episodes is very daunting.

One Piece isn't great, just very good. Hunter X Hunter is far, far better than OP.

However, the most amazing part of One Piece is that it has somehow retained good quality over 15+ years, while other series have crashed and burned.

Rainmaker

Banned
The best thing going in PAX Wrestling (League of Heels is a like a bad r/squaredcircle-ish username) is Navarro being haunted by a weird ghost

One Piece isn't great, just very good. Hunter X Hunter is far, far better than OP.

However, the most amazing part of One Piece is that it has somehow retained good quality over 15+ years, while other series have crashed and burned.

I'm planning on getting Hunter X Hunter (2011), I'm just waiting for it to start getting blu ray releases.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Attack on Titan feels like it's written by two different writers. Like the titans were written and designed by one team and the other team made the dumb whiny teen protagonists and they dont mesh at all

like the titans look like they should be fighting like jojo's characters or toriko characters

I want a go nagai musou more than anything

The best thing going in PAX Wrestling (League of Heels is a like a bad r/squaredcircle-ish username) is Navarro being haunted by a weird ghost

Those tweets have been hilarious, PAX wrestling or not.

Interesting that Jeff will be on commentary now to try and rope in all the crazy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
AoT is an action show with a healthy dose of secrets. EVA is an action show which pretends to be all deep with their religious bullshit and is still just dumb. Big difference to me.

Ah.

I hope the show doesn't get to where i dropped the manga at.

don't watch AoT. Jeff has the right idea. go find a site that explains what happens in like two paragraphs and you're good.

also you'll never find out what's in the basement so don't think about it too much.

e: calling AoT an "action show" is false advertising at best

jaina

Dan is heading to the airport. Jeff on commentary. this league of heels will introduce a lot of new people

Hope this show does not make me dread the next one.

Top Bottom