• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Ahh, I mean on the one hand I'm sad cause I love that GB Prime crew how it is, but on the other hand Dan going East actually got me listening to the Beastcast and watching some of the GB East content.

If we don't get through Mario Party Party, I'll riot.

Hype for PAXamania

Zaph

Interested in this new ER if only to find out if there's any good to Shenmue. All clips I've ever seen look like the very worst of Japanese game design, with very little fun nonsense.

Also, I really hope Jeff is able to capture lightning in a bottle again with the new hire. Dan's replacement has their fucking work cut out.

Jintor

hey butts so i wanted to connect my ps3 to one of my monitors. but i didn't plan ahead and this monitor ain't got no audio

how can I get audio out of this thing?

When it was hooked up to the TV I hooked up the digital out to my 5.1 but now it's in my room and I don't have a... whatever the audio distribution thing is

It's such a bad literal translation of Japanese. It's like all those weird expressions in the Metal Gear games.

I am definitely also glad I got to play Shenmue 2 subtitled. The dub in the first game is just so bad.
Yeah the Xbox version of Shenmue 2 is awful cos of the dub. DC version all the way.

Sakwoff

Holy crap! Gone for a bit and shit's happening.

Exciting times. Pretty stoked about Dan's move to NY + the west getting some new blood.

Also, for the record, I <3 all the duders. That gaming thread can buzz right off. Weirdos.

There is nearly 600 comments on that Shenmue video. I hope they are feeling good about all of this.

They needed this shot in the arm and they delivered!

strafer

Why are the Youtube comments so bad?

KhTcYt7.png

demidar

Holy crap! Gone for a bit and shit's happening.

Exciting times. Pretty stoked about Dan's move to NY + the west getting some new blood.

Also, for the record, I <3 all the duders. That gaming thread can buzz right off. Weirdos.

It got so bad that some posts were straight up removed.

If there was any smoking gun as to how bad gaming general has gotten, some people apparently are incapable of speaking about someone over the internet as if they're real people.

It's such a bad literal translation of Japanese. It's like all those weird expressions in the Metal Gear games.

I am definitely also glad I got to play Shenmue 2 subtitled. The dub in the first game is just so bad.
Apparently, the translation company was behind schedule, so lines were literally being faxed over to the studio right after being translated, and handed directly to the actor without any chance for editing. It also didn't help that the directors were focused entirely on efficiency, so most lines only had one take.

I still love the Shenmue games and for me the awful dub just adds to the charm but I do get why others hate it. I hope they choose do carry on with Shenmue II once they finish the first one. It doesnt take too long to actually play the first game and it would be nice to see them carry on the story. Plus if I remember right, Dan never played II.

I still love the Shenmue games and for me the awful dub just adds to the charm but I do get why others hate it. I hope they choose do carry on with Shenmue II once they finish the first one. It doesnt take too long to actually play the first game and it would be nice to see them carry on the story. Plus if I remember right, Dan never played II.
I don't hate the dub in 1 but given the choice with 2 it's DC easily.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
hey butts so i wanted to connect my ps3 to one of my monitors. but i didn't plan ahead and this monitor ain't got no audio

how can I get audio out of this thing?

When it was hooked up to the TV I hooked up the digital out to my 5.1 but now it's in my room and I don't have a... whatever the audio distribution thing is

Optical out to a dac that can take optical.

Personally, I use a chord mojo to use it with my headphones.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Turning the dial took some time...

Man, that was probably the moment I realised I love this website. I should watch the P4 ER again at some point....

Edit: HEY! I'm not wrong about commas that, tag is a lie! Where can I complain? People need to know the truth!

repeater

That's what an Endurance Run has always been. If they don't do it there is no point in calling it an ER.
Follow the money.

No, but seriously, it just seems like a commitment that would be hard for those guys to follow through on in 2016. But cool, guaranteed daily content seems like a fun idea, I hope it turns out well!

Watching the panel, I love how Vinny being bitter about Mario Maker getting GOTY is becoming a recurring bit.
Something got ROBBED!

Meneses

Turning the dial took some time...

Man, that was probably the moment I realised I love this website. I should watch the P4 ER again at some point....

Edit: HEY! I'm not wrong about commas that, tag is a lie! Where can I complain? People need to know the truth!

I've been re-re-rewatching it and it's still so good. There will never be anything like it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
what's the source on Dan staying in NY? I think that's a great move, he fit in really well with the GBEast crew, more so than on the regular Bombcast.

Top Bottom