• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Zaph

I said it a few pages back but I work for Rooster Teeth and I haven't heard any mumblings of us hiring Danny.

But also nobody really tells me anything here, so ¯_(ツ)_/¯
But if he was just partnering with a Fullscreen MCN, would you have heard about it?

kai3345

Banned
But if he was just partnering with a Fullscreen MCN, would you have heard about it?

Probably not. Unless it's something really big the company is doing or something I'm directly involved in I usually don't hear about it unless someone mentions it in passing in the breakroom or something.

justjim89

Danny said he's not going to another site, so this seems like he may be getting out of traditional games media altogether. I hope he doesn't just end up on PR or in development or something. It's gotta be something else on camera. Maybe TV?

LiK

thanks man! i can't take credit for editing every video though, there's a whole bunch of us here~

I have a lot of respect for you guys. Video editing is so much work. :)

Danny said he's not going to another site, so this seems like he may be getting out of traditional games media altogether. I hope he doesn't just end up on PR or in development or something. It's gotta be something else on camera. Maybe TV?

Huh, that's a real bummer. Hope he continues his YouTube channel for fun.

Megasoum

Banned
God dammit Facebook

ti9aTPU.png

LiK

They did make a replica of his jacket back in the day. They offered one (Or a few) leftover for super high tier for the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter.

I went to high school in the mid 90s and Danny definitely is spun from the Anderson Cooper at Channel One (without the flop haircut and flannel shirt) side of presentation. He could pull TV if he wanted to go that route.

(That's not a dig, Anderson was like 30 when I saw him)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have a clip of Ryan saying "Danny from Ireland asks..." from the old HotSpot days? This happened a few times.

So if GB talks over the Sony thing, that dumb Matrix quote will get referenced in the title?

Live Show: Why do our eyes hurt? We've never used them before.
Live Show: That is the sound of inevitability...
Live Show: The answer is out there, Neo.
Live Show: Welcome to the Real World: Back To New York

Man this first 15 minutes of the Bombcast is real. Of all the places to set up shop, Jeff picked San Francisco and New York, the two most expensive places in the US to live. I'm amazed that their salaries can keep up. Obviously the buyout forced his hand though.

TraBuch

Banned
Man this first 15 minutes of the Bombcast is real. Of all the places to set up shop, Jeff picked San Francisco and New York, the two most expensive places in the US to live. I'm amazed that their salaries can keep up. Obviously the buyout forced his hand though.
Time for a GBDetroit to balance things out.

Time for a GBDetroit to balance things out.

To be honest, if it wasn't for having to work at CBS headquarters, I wonder if Jeff would've moved GiantBomb to someplace cheaper not in the Bay Area. Maybe not even in California.

It's not like they use the "environment" of SF or NY in their content. They could easily stream from any place in the US.

FStop7

Banned
I really love that PSN is down yet again in the wake of that absurd price increase announcement and the day before Sony announces a "new" console.

Is it too late for it to be added as a Biggest Disappointment contender?

Scizzy

To be honest, if it wasn't for having to work at CBS headquarters, I wonder if Jeff would've moved GiantBomb to someplace cheaper not in the Bay Area. Maybe not even in California.

It's not like they use the "environment" of SF or NY in their content. They could easily stream from any place in the US.

I don't get the expression Jeff is ever going to leave the Bay Area, even given his disdain for SF.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Man Jeff's Majora's Mask opinion continues to baffle me. Like, I get not caring about it much, but jesus

Holy fuck "The Wand of Scanalon" is a fucking amazing name for a feature

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nobody but Dan played Stardew

And there's no way No Man's Sky will be on that list. Only one who actually likes it is Alex and he won't fight for that game.

No one but Vinny played The Witcher 2 and it was on their GOTY list

Jeff and others have acknowledged that it looks like an incredibly well made game and that it looks awesome. And Dan was addicted to it. It'll be on there.

Spent a dozen hours in Deus Ex and all I've really done is explore the Prague. I'm not one to hate on Fallout 4, but for being a fraction of a fraction of its Boston in square mileage, Prague is considerably more interesting to explore.

Top Bottom