• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

derFeef

Dishonored's stealth is fun because you are still very mobile and are not restricted to hiding behind walls or having a disguise.

Dishonored's stealth is fun because you are still very mobile and are not restricted to hiding behind walls or having a disguise.

Yeah you're fucking warping along rooftops, dropping down onto fools, and using more magical abilities to totally mess with people.

Dishonored is easily a top 10 game of all-time. I'm fearful the sequel won't be able to live up to it :(

Being so overpowered in Dishonored is a reason why it's not a great modern Thief analog. It's a lot of fun with it and can't wait for 2 but playing it made me crave a (good) Thief sequel.

Being so overpowered in Dishonored is a reason why it's not a great modern Thief analog. It's a lot of fun with it and can't wait for 2 but playing it made me crave a (good) Thief sequel.

I've never understood the "overpowered" complaints in Dishonored. They give you a lot of things to work with to add variety, but it doesn't make it too easy.

With that said, the best way to play Dishonored is on the hardest difficulty, doing a no-alert, no-kill run.

Anyone who does that and doesn't love every second just has awful taste.

My Steam achievements for those show that like 0.3% of people did it. Such a shame.

Seriously duders, to get the best out of Dishonored, do this:

mu2tQ50.jpg

Gaming at its peak.

Jintor

i must play stealth games in a very boring way because a lot of ghosting runs involves me standing around on ledges waiting or whatever. I'm never really thrilled by it in non social-stealth games, I think.

i must play stealth games in a very boring way because a lot of ghosting runs involves me standing around on ledges waiting or whatever. I'm never really thrilled by it in non social-stealth games, I think.

There is some waiting around but I love learning a pattern, finding the right opportunity, and pouncing (or blinking) on it.

I've never understood the "overpowered" complaints in Dishonored. They give you a lot of things to work with to add variety, but it doesn't make it too easy.

With that said, the best way to play Dishonored is on the hardest difficulty, doing a no-alert, no-kill run.

Anyone who does that and doesn't love every second just has awful taste.

My Steam achievements for those show that like 0.3% of people did it. Such a shame.

My initial playthrough was that way and felt it was super easy, albeit super fun (edit: actually my second had the no powers playthrough. first had the rest.) It's missing a tension Thief and some stealth games have where you're fundamentally a weak character who's SOL if caught. And that's fine, because I don't imagine the intent is to be a strict stealth game in favor of a Deus Ex, pick your play style approach. I'm just saying, I'd love a proper Thief game that said play stealth or piss off.

oti

Banned
I'm currently playing MGS V for the first time. My type of stealth is very James Bond. I've killed dozens of enemies already and I just fought those anime guys with the bee gun.

Jintor

There is some waiting around but I love learning a pattern, finding the right opportunity, and pouncing (or blinking) on it.

I like doing that but I only find joy in it in disgu- social stealth games, I think. In pure sit-out-of-site-around-the-corner-under-a-box games I kinda just get bored instead for whatever reason.

Meguro

Banned
Another premium membership sale, another day of me trying to figure out how the hell to buy a membership with paypal this year.
It's a struggle every single year.
Last year I had to go on the store and search for a paypal membership and this year that doesn't seem to be an option?

Strax

This ER has been the great content from BEast since Contradiction.

On another note. A forum I've been a part of for 10 years is shutting down and I'm really bummed out about it, is that normal?

I like doing that but I only find joy in it in disgu- social stealth games, I think. In pure sit-out-of-site-around-the-corner-under-a-box games I kinda just get bored instead for whatever reason.

I usually play games like that without even touching anyone. As such I love testing the limits of the AI; seeing how close I can get to them, how I can distract them etc.

Like in Mankind Divided there was a guy looking at a door which I had to go through. I could've easily knocked him out, but instead a got myself in a position where I was able to open the door without him seeing me. This caused the guard to go check the other room, which allowed me to walk in behind him unspotted. I love that sort of stuff.

oti

Banned

On another note. A forum I've been a part of for 10 years is shutting down and I'm really bummed out about it, is that normal?

I'm sure you'll find a new ASMR forum.

Jintor

sure man losing a community hub sucks

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Another premium membership sale, another day of me trying to figure out how the hell to buy a membership with paypal this year.
It's a struggle every single year.
Last year I had to go on the store and search for a paypal membership and this year that doesn't seem to be an option?
You go here: https://auth.giantbomb.com/billing/
You fill out the form.
You click on the Paypal button.

Peru

I wish Jeff (and Brad) allowed some sort of dialogue on Majora's Mask. I'll accept that they think the game fails on mechanics and game systems. But its nature adds weight to the emotional impact of the stories and the atmosphere. I think that's almost undeniable. I know Jeff likes to take binary stances, but still..

Some of the same goes for Link's Awakening. Yeah the portable games they put over it have refined the mechanics, but Link's Awakening's story and setting is so unique, and the way it defined the series when it comes to characters and encounters so influential.

derFeef

I have also never played a Zelda game and just recently bought a N3DSXL - is there a Zelda game on that platfom I could get into without knowing anything, a good one? I bet there is.

Salarians

Do Jeff's Star Trek Online lifetime subscription benefits carry over to the console versions?

I have also never played a Zelda game and just recently bought a N3DSXL - is there a Zelda game on that platfom I could get into without knowing anything, a good one? I bet there is.
Link Between Worlds seemed very good from what little I played of it.

jaina

almost every good zelda game is on there.
Link to the Past or Link between Worlds are good introductions.

Peru

Ocarina of Time 3D, best way to play OoT. Link Between Worlds, awesome modern take on the 2D formula.

Meguro

Banned
Dan talking about how back in the day there were full games in other games just makes his hatred of Yakuza EVEN MORE CONFUSING.
There will be VF5 in the new Yakuza!
And Puyo Puyo!

Salarians

Seriously duders, to get the best out of Dishonored, do this:

http://i.imgur.com/mu2tQ50.jpg

Gaming at its peak.
Yeah, I did this with the PS4 version and it was super satisfying.

Going without any powers at all in Dishonored 2 should make for an interesting second play through.

Can anyone link me to a vod of the PAX Bombcast? Also the PAX wrestling thing if it was worth watching.
Both are on GB Unarchived. Presumably an edited version of the panel will be on the site at some point.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know when the duders last played a game in a way that made it more difficult to finish. They really aren't the type to do that.

Top Bottom