• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Spaghetti

Anybody getting some snacks ready for the conference? I usually just do water, but it's dinnertime so I might as well get something. I'm thinking of ordering Japanese, but my local place is kinda sucky. Really, how hard can it be to fuck up chicken katsu?

I hope they get Rorie on for his thoughts on timed exclusive Nintendo games on iOS

CrxFpFMUMAAud9G.jpg

I think he already answered that question

Lijik

Seeing the Yakuza arcade games stuff makes me baffled as to why other companies don't do that. Ubisoft could have their mobile Rayman games in Watch_Dogs 2. Complete with IAPs if they wanted!

Whats crazy is in Watch_Dogs they technically do, anytime someone has a tablet out (most notable when you meet your nephew for the first time) theyre playing a video of Rayman Jungle Run. Why not just go the extra few steps and have it playable

KingKong

Whats crazy is in Watch_Dogs they technically do, anytime someone has a tablet out (most notable when you meet your nephew for the first time) theyre playing a video of Rayman Jungle Run. Why not just go the extra few steps and have it playable

probably because the game was barely running as it was

I'm glad they're doing the Sony thing, but I'm surprised the stream is not starting 30 minutes before it. Don't they usually do that to give last minute predictions and such?

Megasoum

Banned
I'm stuck at work all day, I think I might actually try to go completely dark for the rest of the afternoon and watch the managed livestream when I get home.

imBask

Banned
Nah, less than that. That thing is probably cheaper to make than the launch PS4 and they made money on that one.

would've believed you before the Scorpio specs rumors

i'm expecting something significant and arrogant sony to make a comeback with a nice 499 price point

Scizzy

I can't believe they crammed Shenmue into, like, three seven-hour sessions. I remember liking the game, but that sounds like an awful experience.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like the Neo is going to be WAY more expensive than people think

Don't have much interest in it myself. Sony's first party at its strongest doesn't appeal much to me and I built a new PC less than a year ago

Spaghetti

Name and price

edit: Oh and that Bioware thing
Well yeah, but you can't really fill half an hour of dead air on name and price predictions.

Is there a Bioware thing at this event? I figured it'd be all hardware and old school sales charts gloating.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like the Neo is going to be WAY more expensive than people think

Don't have much interest in it myself. Sony's first party at its strongest doesn't appeal much to me and I built a new PC less than a year ago
Well it will be a step up from the regular (slim) PS4 even at $400. Why would it be that much more expensive, though?

Well yeah, but you can't really fill half an hour of dead air on name and price predictions.

Is there a Bioware thing at this event? I figured it'd be all hardware and old school sales charts gloating.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bioware-teasing-playstation-meeting-announcement/1100-6443368/

Lijik

probably because the game was barely running as it was
i dont think that really works for a game that has a bunch of weird "this could be a different standalone game i buy for 8 bucks" side content between the mundane side activities and digital trips. Like theres a whole run of chess puzzles some team had to develop.

I heard mumblings about Red Dead..

Also, there's some talk about a new Vita (probably fake rumors). There are some "leaks" (probably fake) that claim it has triggers and clickable sticks, while retaining Vita's touchscreen, back touchpad, camera, and gyro stuff. Honestly, if that is real, I'd be really interested. I have the launch model, but having triggers and clickable sticks would make remote play even more appealing. A plus would be if it uses SD cards instead of those proprietary things.

Gjerven

I think an iPhone model is the way to go. Not in terms of yearly updates but keeping the OS and all of that.

Do you want a reset every gen? That's so antiquate.

Just release spec bumps whenever and have devs choose if they want "cross-gen" games and stuff like that. And it would be easy since the APIs are all the same.

I think it's safe to say that when it comes to Sony and MS, console generations are over. Hurrah x86-64. We will only see iterations, and the games released on PS4 and Xbone will work even on the last console that Sony and MS releases. And the games will work a little bit better.

I hope so, as I have skipped PS4, will probably skip the Neo, and enjoy GT sport on the next iteration (with better graphics (probably)).

Over $399 would feel like a mistake. In a sense these half generation steps are an experiment and pricing it too high maybe kneecaps it before it has a chance.

Well, if they do price it high, they can always cite COURAGE.

I've been watching this Shenmue ER and meanwhile I just got to Hong Kong in my Deus Ex revisit. I'm really getting spoiled with great Asian people video game voices this week.

Yeah...one would think its him making a joke(as hes done recently with other tweets) but its such a weird comment to make.

I just edited this in: I realized that White House tweet has been his pinned tweet for so long. I think he'll have a new pinned tweet about his new place of employment. Maybe that's what that's all about.

Top Bottom