• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The Quick Look actually made me want to play that Attack on Titan game. I've never seen the show or anything.

Did not expect it to be $60.

Meneses

Hey look, it's that guy who intentionally misspells things he doesn't like to seem like he knows so little.

He's a real fun boy.

Damn, who shit in your cornflakes dude? It was an actual misspelling on my part, sorry about that.

Hey, you know where you don't get these misspellings that hurt your soul so much?
The McElroy thread.

Joeku

I hate the whole McElroy "boy" thing. It's creepy.

"Boy" has sort of just come back somewhat into the vernacular but the McElroys picked up on it hard.

Now try being me and consuming most of their content while the term "good boy" is a sexual trigger for you.

That shit numbs you, man.

Mr. F

Banned
"Boy" has sort of just come back somewhat into the vernacular but the McElroys picked up on it hard.

Now try being me and consuming most of their content while the term "good boy" is a sexual trigger for you.

I think it started as a Tim and Eric staple. Like many things about the McElroys in recent years, I feel they've kind of overdone it and lean on it too hard for a lot of their humour. Nick Robinson too, by extension.

On topic before the bitching; UPF was pretty alright, I'm going to miss Danny. Hopefully as a relatively free agent doing his own thing he can pop in for the occasional bombcast.

Joeku

I think it started as a Tim and Eric staple. Like many things about the McElroys in recent years, I feel they've kind of overdone it and lean on it too hard for a lot of their humour. Nick Robinson too, by extension.

On topic before the bitching; UPF was pretty alright, I'm going to miss Danny. Hopefully as a relatively free agent doing his own thing he can pop in for the occasional bombcast.

I heard his new thing sorta got leaked. Anyone know what that was?

Frith

shame about adventure zone is that the middlest brothers "character" is take control and run in. so everything goes down the same and he's always the one to do it.

not helped by justin deciding that just staying outside and ignoring things is a great character trait

haven't got through the most recent episode travises bit is making me cringe.

Joeku

shame about adventure zone is that the middlest brothers "character" is take control and run in. so everything goes down the same and he's always the one to do it.

not helped by justin deciding that just staying outside and ignoring things is a great character trait

haven't got through the most recent episode travises bit is making me cringe.

Magnus rushes in, though, for combat or conversation. That shit is consistent.

jaina

I was already excited to see what Danny was doing, but man, that gets me even more excited.

the only problem is it's financial viability. but he said himself at the end of UPF that he feels very passionate about trying this and hopefully getting it to work out.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I admire Danny's passion, but leaving a stable job with health benefits and a steady paycheck for the uncertainty of fan funded independent filmmaking seems super risky. I hope he succeeds, but he's not pulling any huge numbers on his yt videos as is.

Mr. F

Banned
I admire Danny's passion, but leaving a stable job with health benefits and a steady paycheck for the uncertainty of fan funded independent filmmaking seems super risky. I hope he succeeds, but he's not pulling any huge numbers on his yt videos as is.

I guess he's counting on his existing audience. I do see kind of an issue of him vs Kinda Funny where he was only one face in GS' mix of personalities, but hopefully it will build out from there.

Maiorum

It's certainly a gutsy move. Still, if it doesn't work out, he's built up enough of a reputation that he probably wouldn't have too much trouble landing a job somewhere.

It's certainly a gutsy move. Still, if it doesn't work out, he's built up enough of a reputation that he probably wouldn't have too much trouble landing a job somewhere.

That, and the nature of crowdfunding likely makes it that it won't take too long for him to figure out if his plan is sustainable or not.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm waiting for the pitch on what he actually wants to produce. What I would like is basically The Point. Maybe in a different format but with similar production value, depth and length. If it's more of a crowdfunded 2 Player Productions, that would be great, too. I just dont want another Jim Sterling. He does get $10k a month from Patreon, though...

Man, I've been watching bits and pieces of the Shenmue Endurance Run and it just isn't grabbing me. I think the game is just so slow and mechanical that Vinny, Alex and Dan weren't left with much material to work with. Seems like a poor choice for an Endurance Run. I feel like the Demo Derby's always provide a good amount of content. The fact that they are always old games usually leads to some interesting story from someone who played the game when it was out. The whole thing has a great Mystery Science Theater aspect to the commentary. I hope they pick something better for the next Endurance Run, as I feel like Shenmue is a complete write off at this point.

pizzacat

Banned

Is this with or without the police involved

oti

Banned
The way Jeff downlpayed Picross 3D 2 as "another one of those"... the dream #Picross3D2GOTY is under threat! Write your congressman now!

DOOM is just another shooter. Picross 3D 2 is just another MASTERPIECE.

pizzacat

Banned
The way Jeff downlpayed Picross 3D 2 as "another one of those"... the dream #Picross3D2GOTY is under threat! Write your congressman now!

That rhythm heaven mashup is the best game being played on a 3ds in 2016

they rightfully gave it to Nintendo last year after they proved they can still make incredible games

they should do the same for id

pizzacat

Banned
Idk man everything about smm is great

Doom sp compared to mp? Like why even play the sp when mp is so superior

Edit oops meant the other way around, doom mp is serviceable but yeah it's nothing compared to that sp

oti

Banned
Doom: Hey this game isn't awful like we all expected it to be! It's so new which is so difficult since the old Doom wasn't old at all! And there are like, no other shooters out there!

Picross 3D 2: MASTERPIECE

Salarians

KF02paS.gif

Tagyhag

Damn, excited about hearing of a new Playdate, bummed out when I learned it was Deus Ex.

I would prefer they play games that not everyone and their mother is already showing for Playdates.

Give me some more Toonstruck!

I propose that all games should be classified by how many degrees of separation they are from being clicker games. Cookie Clicker is the reference point at zero degrees. Diablo is like one degree. Modern multiplayer shooters are 2-3 degrees.

Whether greater separation is desirable is left as an exercise to the reader.

Top Bottom