• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Strax

Damn, excited about hearing of a new Playdate, bummed out when I learned it was Deus Ex.

I would prefer they play games that not everyone and their mother is already showing for Playdates.

Give me some more Toonstruck!

I was really bummed they didn't finish Toonstruck.

Toonstruck_03.jpg

The iconic barn, before it is struck by the Malevolator's beam. Drew can be seen talking to the Carecrow as Flux is walking away

*chuckle* Got to the part where Drew accidentally activated Siri's search for parallel universes. Maybe it was actually a subtle message from Parallel Drew, sent some time after the Scanlon Filter series ended.

Played a bunch of "retro" games at a con yesterday (first time playing a Tempest machine, that game is fucking awesome) and it did put me in a head space of thinking of how shit things have gotten.

it's an honor to be speaking to you mr minter

tempest is maybe the best aging arcade game of that era

Chuck

Still without luck
I decided to relisten to the Bombcast and boy this Zelda list is even worse the second time listening, and it was awful the first time.

"If you're going to cut Wand of Gamelon and Four Swords, I think Link Between Worlds gets cut for the same reasons"

repeater

An inconvenient truth: arcade games were ALL ABOUT nickle and diming gamers with mandatory microtransactions and locking content out behind a massive paywall.

I decided to relisten to the Bombcast and boy this Zelda list is even worse the second time listening, and it was awful the first time.

"If you're going to cut Wand of Gamelon and Four Swords, I think Link Between Worlds gets cut for the same reasons"

That one was especially odd because Jeff likes ALBW. Ridiculous list, but a lot of fun to listen to I think.

An inconvenient truth: arcade games were ALL ABOUT nickle and diming gamers with mandatory microtransactions and locking content out behind a massive paywall.

Those games also weren't something originally intended to be in your home, though. There weren't games that you would put 60 dollars into and still not see all it had to offer without putting more money into it.

oti

Banned

I really don't understand Brad's and Jeff's point of being so heavily biased towards Zelda 2, a game Miyamoto himself called bad. Making this point is fine but contradicts their opinions about games 99% of the time and especially during GOTY.

That one was especially odd because Jeff likes ALBW. Ridiculous list, but a lot of fun to listen to I think.

It's cool they are willing to make more lists. It's always fun to listen to their batshit insane opinions.

Where's that game of the last generation podcast anyway? I want to hear Brad's wrong opinion about Red Dead, an ok game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you feel weirdly threatened by the McElroys 'boys' you should be aware of the fact that Alex has been dropping McElroy references left and right during the ER

you crybabies

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
That Strike Vector QL is half Quicklook half Bombcast. I actually like it. I like hearing Jeff and Brad just talking about stuff.

If you feel weirdly threatened by the McElroys 'boys' you should be aware of the fact that Alex has been dropping McElroy references left and right during the ER

you crybabies

I...what?

he putsa miibo in his mouth
*something*boys
"just like Bart" (?)

That's everything I know of MacElroy

Monster Factory
Amiibos and Goofers with a delightful new creation from Nintendo
Griffin has beautiful Pokemon children who cannot die except to Dogs
Testing the power of Busto, the new flesh and new god

I know some of those words.

Monster Factory is a series where Justin McElroy and Griffin McElroy try to break games with character creators by making the most hideous monstrosities possible. At one point they make an 8 foot tall bright yellow muscle man with horrible proportions and a melting face, and note that it looks 100% identical to television's own Bart Simpson

Griffin has a series where he deadpan reviews Amiibos in this breathless and earnest style and then puts them in his mouth as some kind of surreal parody of YouTube product review culture

Griffin also does a Pokemon Let's Play that follows a fanmade set of rules known as the "Nuzlocke run" where you can only capture a limited number of Pokemon, have to use a more difficult form of the battle system, and treat any fainted Pokemon as "dead" and release them, forcing the player to constantly deal with the hand fate has given them

Griffin and Nick Robinson (aka Babylonian) do a series called Car Boys where they screw around with a game called BeamNG.drive, which is a car physics simulation thing that's basically Garry's Mod except all of the models have soft body physics, which mean they crumple and deform and break apart in a dynamic way. This leads to hilariously fucked up geometry monsters and explosions that were once cars. They attempt this with a crash test dummy model they download, and quickly learn that the game doesn't really know how to handle what's going there

Monster Factory
Amiibos and Goofers with a delightful new creation from Nintendo
Griffin has beautiful Pokemon children who cannot die except to Dogs
Testing the power of Busto, the new flesh and new god

"Open your eyes, you son of a bitch!" - The McElroys on French Stewart

I found it. Episode 39. I actually conflated like five goofs, but you get the idea. (Mine's better)

Giganteus

Griffin's hot 'n juicy.

Griffin McElroy fucks a Wendy's hot 'n juicy cheeseburger on video. It's a commentary on how they manage to get a laugh even when it's unwarranted. It's really clever.

Have you guys seen it yet? It's new.

Griffin makes me laugh a lot even when he's not telling jokes, it's weird. I think he's an interesting internet dude.

I just noticed Dan says "lady" a lot.

Monster Factory is a series where Justin McElroy and Griffin McElroy try to break games with character creators by making the most hideous monstrosities possible. At one point they make an 8 foot tall bright yellow muscle man with horrible proportions and a melting face, and note that it looks 100% identical to television's own Bart Simpson

Griffin has a series where he deadpan reviews Amiibos in this breathless and earnest style and then puts them in his mouth as some kind of surreal parody of YouTube product review culture

Griffin also does a Pokemon Let's Play that follows a fanmade set of rules known as the "Nuzlocke run" where you can only capture a limited number of Pokemon, have to use a more difficult form of the battle system, and treat any fainted Pokemon as "dead" and release them, forcing the player to constantly deal with the hand fate has given them

Griffin and Nick Robinson (aka Babylonian) do a series called Car Boys where they screw around with a game called BeamNG.drive, which is a car physics simulation thing that's basically Garry's Mod except all of the models have soft body physics, which mean they crumple and deform and break apart in a dynamic way. This leads to hilariously fucked up geometry monsters and explosions that were once cars. They attempt this with a crash test dummy model they download, and quickly learn that the game doesn't really know how to handle what's going there

that's some good information

maybe put that in the OP

Top Bottom