• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Well apparently the game takes around 20-25 hours to beat if you stick to the main story. I think they could finish the game if they really wanted to.

If they got the game yesterday, and deliberate for 8 hours today and 8 hours tomorrow, after accounting for sleep when do you think 2 of them will finish the game?

d2sgkpV.gif

I'm like 8 hours into FFXV and have done like 2 main story quests (by own my choice haha). Enjoying the characters, combat and exploring a lot so far.

Tagyhag

Opinions based on ignorance aren't worth much.

Jason tries to tell him that Infamous has a 60 fps mode, which is a fact, and he's so committed to his anti-Pro stance that he refuses to believe it, and Jeff chimes in with some misinformation, too. I'm gonna document this classic Giant Bomb tech moment here it for posterity.

Jason: "Infamous is running at 60 now, right"

Brad: "What?"

Jason: "I heard Infamous is running at 60 now."

Jeff: "No."

Brad: "I highly doubt that."

Jason: "I think there is an option for that."

Brad: "Really?"

Jeff: "There is a higher frame rate option, but definitely not 60".

Brad: "It always had an unlocked frame rate option."

It's because of the way Jason worded it.

Trust me, Infamous on the Pro is not 60fps locked. It's like saying Tomb Raider Definitive Edition runs at 60.

Curufinwe

No one said it was locked. And based on the DF video Infamous is lot closer to 60 than TR DE was. Very few non-racing, AA console games are actually locked at 60 fps. Call of Duty is known as a 60 fps shooter, but plenty of console CoD games have fluctuated around 60. TLOUR on PS4 had a 60fps mode that was not locked, but it played much better than the locked 30fps mode.

$400 for a console that a lot of buyers already own is a lot of money to waste on an insignificant upgrade.

PS4 Pro threads are full of people who find the upgrade very significant.

Also full of people who traded in/sold their PS4 to cover around half the price of the Pro.

imBask

Banned
PS4 Pro threads are full of people who find the upgrade very significant.

Also full of people who traded in/sold their PS4 to cover around half the price of the Pro.

wait are you telling me that people in a thread specifically about the PS4 Pro, on a gaming enthusiasts board, find the upgrade significant?! i'm sold!

The vast majority of people don't give a damn about it and won't upgrade, it is insignificant to most. You know you can accept that without taking offense anything someone doesn't praise the Pro

Johndoey

Banned
The combat in FFXV shines when you're fighting two or two larger opponents in a relatively open space, in breaks down in constrained areas a little bit. It can be a little bit of a clusterfuck.

Curufinwe

wait are you telling me that people in a thread specifically about the PS4 Pro, on a gaming enthusiasts board, find the upgrade significant?! i'm sold!

The vast majority of people don't give a damn about it and won't upgrade, it is insignificant to most. You know you can accept that without taking offense anything someone doesn't praise the Pro

Most people don't post on GAF or listen to the Bombcast either, so I'm not sure why you think that's relevant.

Curufinwe

Curufinwe, this probably isn't the first time you've been told this but you're getting a little too defensive over a Sony product

Probably not the first time you've been told this, but you don't have to defend everything the members of the Giant Bomb crew say like they're your best buddies.

Bacon

Probably not the first time you've been told this, but you don't have to defend everything the members of the Giant Bomb crew say like they're your best buddies.

I'd say piston is one of the most critical posters of the giantbomb guys on here tbh so this rings hollow.

imBask

Banned

it's a backhand comment and you interpreted it as a hatecrime against your beloved console, or at least that's how you come off

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jeff must have been watching California Xtreme stuff if he's talking about Gallagher on laser-disc. Because they had a cabinet there.

Curufinwe

I'd say piston is one of the most critical posters of the giantbomb guys on here tbh so this rings hollow.

Trying to deflect away from all the misinformation in the Pro segment by personally attacking me rings hollow when numerous other posters commented on it before and after me.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Trying to deflect away from all the misinformation in the Pro segment by personally attacking me rings hollow when numerous other posters commented on it before and after me.

If you take that as a personal attack then I just don't know what to say to you.

I missed it and not sure if it was posted in here, but does anyone have the name of the vector graphics game that is in Pittsburgh? I'm pretty sure it was Beastcast that was talking about it. I'd like to check it out!

popo

This squabbling makes nobody look good. Just saying.

It is confirmed that they are deliberating today?

I don't think they have said, but I doubt Alex and especially Vinny, want to be away from home for more than a week so they are going to have to get at it soon if they have not already started.

I missed it and not sure if it was posted in here, but does anyone have the name of the vector graphics game that is in Pittsburgh? I'm pretty sure it was Beastcast that was talking about it. I'd like to check it out!

http://vec9.com/

hey nerd, the ps4 pro sucks just as much as you do

gottem
Damn! This will sting if I ever get one.
what, buying every VR headset on the planet didn't help dull the nagging ache of real life?

you asked
No in fact it did not.
What is the point of buying video game soundtracks on vinyl, Sleeping Lesson???
I like the ear sounds!
Is this Alex's gaf account?
That's a thing.
Bioshock was a sleeping lesson for me.

Boom, roasted.
Damn.
I got called a Knack fan once in a GB thread. I've never felt so hurt and bewildered.
People are taking it easy on me, then.

Thanks folks I've never felt so alive!

Dineren

Banned
Are they in SF for two weeks or just this week? I know they don't have much time, but it's always a bit disappointing we don't get more content with the full crew when they are in town.

robotrock

Banned
This is a good jefflr because they're listening to Blood Orange and talking about the Pontiac Vibe. Extremely my shit.

Every Jeff and Alex Mixlr has been fire so far. Honestly the way the Bombcast is done pales in comparison.

Just throw everyone inside of Jeff's car and go on road trips and release the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom