• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
Danganronpa is this pretty solid series with a bunch of fans that act like it's the second coming of anime Jesus. You like a middling murder mystery series that subverts a few common anime tropes, amazing.

LiK

Danganronpa is this pretty solid series with a bunch of fans that act like it's the second coming of anime Jesus. You like a middling murder mystery series that subverts a few common anime tropes, amazing.

No one believes that. It's just a fun series with lots of fun twists and great crazy characters. I love the Zero Escape and Persona series as well but those fans are far more insufferable at times with the franchise.

Catvoca

Banned

I liked the first game and thought the second one did some crazy amazing stuff in the end, but everything else in the series sucks. Another episode was complete trash and so was that anime they out put this year.

derFeef

I am now also going to rip a statement out of context that might sound crazy because it's actually 12 or more months later and a lot more videogames came out!

Harpuia

How long are the boys back in town anyway. I loved the 3 hr podcast last time it almost made the content drought OK. I'm also on the lookout for GOTY salt that spilled over into their other stuff.

I'm hoping we get a beast cast out of it too. The bit where Drew just kept going and saying hair salon names was hilarious.

What is this Dangonronpa you all are speaking of? I only know of a game called Dragon Grandpa.

drampa_rgb_300dpi.jpg

?

Johndoey

Banned
I think we can all agree hardcore fans of anything are the goddamn worst.
---
I can't wait for the Best Music discussion to crush my soul like it does every year.

Meneses

Everything is shit.
Except the thing I love.

You're goddamn right.

On that note, Danganronpa is shit, Walking Dead is shit.

Xcom is great.

Mordor was cool and the combat was better than Arkham if only because Talion doesn't go zipping from one end of the screen to the other while chaining combos.

oti

Banned
I enjoyed Mordor after a couple of hours. You have to put some hours in to get rewarded with overpowered attacks, but that was fine to me. I'd never say it was GOTY but as a casual LoTR fan I was satisfied. Played it a year later though so I knew what to expect.

i still want gb gotg for last gen one of these summers only to hear jeff G's take on the generation as a whole... hottest mess of the last decade or so? those deliberations would be 80 hours long tho

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
i still want gb gotg for last gen one of these summers only to hear jeff G's take on the generation as a whole... hottest mess of the last decade or so? those deliberations would be 80 hours long tho
It's been 3 years since the current gen launched. I've given up on that one.

Brad will go for Hitman, and Jeff will go for Doom, because it's a shooter, and that's Jeff's jam. I don't know where the others will fall. Dan could go either way, while I think Vinny will side with Hitman.

I haven't played either game, but I find Hitman to be a bigger accomplishment and more deserving of the award.

oti

Banned
Dan's gonna get Pokemon Sun on the list
I liked my time with Moon but I feel like it doesn't go far enough to modernize the gameplay. It's the same old rhythm over and over again. Replacing badges is fine, I just wish they had pushed further.
Brad will go for Hitman, and Jeff will go for Doom, because it's a shooter, and that's Jeff's jam. I don't know where the others will fall. Dan could go either way, while I think Vinny will side with Hitman.

I haven't played either game, but I find Hitman to be a bigger accomplishment and more deserving of the award.
What. Brad would marry DOOM if he could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom