• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
That, Mei's and Zarya's skins are the only ones I am still missing.

I've only gotten two boxes so far, and got nothing particularly good. I don't want to put another $20 down on the last day like I did the Halloween event. Then I'll never be able to pretend I don't have a problem!

Xater

I've only gotten two boxes so far, and got nothing particularly good. I don't want to put another $20 down on the last day like I did the Halloween event. Then I'll never be able to pretend I don't have a problem!

I not going to confirm or deny if I payed any money for boxes...

I'm pretty sure Nintendo tried to capture a "real" Mario experience on mobile, Jeff. Has he ever tried a platformer on a touchscreen?

I don't get his disappointment tbh. He gets into the biggest trash on mobile. Maybe he just expected more of Nintendo, which is totally fair. Mario Run is a polished game but not an amazing one.

The game isn't good unless you're going for the coins. And most people are content tourists like Jeff and only want to blow through the levels once, so of course they won't like the game.

The game isn't good unless you're going for the coins. And most people are content tourists like Jeff and only want to blow through the levels once, so of course they won't like the game.

yeah the good parts of that game are getting the challenge coins, and I'm addicted to the rally mode. if all you do is play through the stages once and maybe get the first level of challenge coins, of course it's boring as fuck.

oti

Banned
The game isn't good unless you do that one major thing the developers designed the game around.

Shocking.

Speaking of, I wonder what makes the cut for most disappointing this year?

Comcept, for Mighty No. 9 and ReCore?
Street Fighter V?
PlayStation VR?
Super Mario Maker for 3DS?
I don't think Super Mario run was out yet when they recorded GOTY.

I just don't remember a lot of huge disappointments this year.

Street Fighter 5
The Division
Mario Maker 3DS
No Mans Sky
Star Fox Zero.

Speaking of, I wonder what makes the cut for most disappointing this year?

Comcept, for Mighty No. 9 and ReCore?
Street Fighter V?
PlayStation VR?
Super Mario Maker for 3DS?
I don't think Super Mario run was out yet when they recorded GOTY.

I just don't remember a lot of huge disappointments this year.

Giant Bomb

SamNW

Street Fighter 5
The Division
Mario Maker 3DS
No Mans Sky
Star Fox Zero.
No Man's Sky. There it is. That's the big one I was forgetting. I doubt Star Fox Zero makes it, though. Did anyone expect it to be very good? To be fair, same should go for Mighty No. 9.

oti

Banned
Patrick Klepek goes into this design ethos in depth on one of last week's Waypoint Podcasts. Despite being a youtuber, he seems to have a pretty good grasp on things.
Patrick is great. Enjoyed his Mario Maker streams. So he doesn't like it? I get why one wouldn't like it. I think the game is super weird myself.

what was his problem with nutyatta?

I almost got that with my 3000g last night but I can wait until the end of the event.

I think its that his parents always took him to christmas shows about the nutcracker, that Zenyatta being a nutcracker reminded him of those days.

In Hitman, you only have to do 4 easy challenges to get the Santa suit. In overwatch, you have to pay or level up slowly for a chance at getting Christmas suits.

Hitman>Overwatch?

I legit forgot that Titanfall 2 was in the running for GotY.
In Hitman, you only have to do 4 easy challenges to get the Santa suit. In overwatch, you have to pay or level up slowly for a chance at getting Christmas suits.

Hitman>Overwatch?

Wait... are you saying that Hitman only has one Santa suit?

Overwatch spoils us.

oti

Banned
I thought you hadn't played it?
Borrowed a friend's iPad mini (1st gen even) to try it out. You can play a lot without paying actually. I've had my fun replaying the three levels for the coins, but I understand that not everybidy does. I'll definitely get it once it comes out on Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom