• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinny plays most games terribly but inexplicably masters most stealth games that seem to require a lot of careful play. It's really weird.

he doesn't play terribly as much as most games don't allow for his impulsive need for chaos. every once in a while you find a game that encourages that type of approach and he looks like a gaming genius.

the number 1 thing Hitman doesn't let slide is standing around scratching your ass.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
he doesn't play terribly as much as most games don't allow for his impulsive need for chaos. every once in a while you find a game that encourages that type of approach and he looks like a gaming genius.

the number 1 thing Hitman doesn't let slide is standing around scratching your ass.
I don't know about that. I always start off a hit just wandering around and collecting fall back disguises across a map.

Megasoum

Banned
I REALLY need to get back into Doom before the GOTY cast.

I really enjoyed what I played so far but I stopped one day and now I'm having a real hard time getting back in.

I'm at the first level in hell.

I think it's the only game this year that could possibly get spoiled for me (that I care of).

Hasney

I really enjoyed what I played so far but I stopped one day and now I'm have a real hard time getting back in.

I think it's the only game this year that could possibly get spoiled for me (that I care of).

Is there really much to spoil though? There's a fuck load more demons, kill the shit out of them.

EDIT: looks like the live Bombcast is having issues.

I just picked up the Star Wars: Battlefront Season Pass for $20 on PS4. It's on sale this week. I've been wanting to get the Death Star pack and the new Rogue One one. As the packs are $15 each, getting all four for $20 is a steal in my mind. The game itself is on sale for $9.99 (or effectively $7.99 if you get the Ultimate Edition which is the game/season pass bundle for $27.99).

I really enjoyed what I played so far but I stopped one day and now I'm having a real hard time getting back in.

From what I've heard, the best moments are either early on or are no-brainers like
getting the BFG
. I think you'd probably be safe. I'm pretty sure my wife got me Hitman for Christmas, so that should be fun to play. The Witness was really, really good, but I think the whole learning for learning's sake thing
as opposed to having unlockable endings/extra content
might prevent it from being my GOTY this year... though it's not like I've enjoyed a ton of games this year. Overwatch was just plain boring to me, though it's fun to watch. Overall, I think I enjoyed 2015 a lot more with stuff like Soma, MGS V, Mario Maker, Ori... really a lot of great games. Maybe someday I'll even go back to Undertale, even if it left a really, really bad first impression (Undyne feels impossible to beat).

I love how Rorie ends every sentence like he's losing faith in it.

As somebody who tends to ramble, I empathize with him. He constantly worries that people will lose interest or that he's saying something wrong, but at least he goes ahead and says it anyway.

Strax

So glad I tuned in later. Let's skip Giantbomb talking about movies, because ugh...

For a dude who watches 2-3 movies a year Jeff sure talks alot about them. Also their lack of knowledge of movie theaters is kinda shocking given Rorie worked at Screened and Jeff ran the cans. The main theory they seem to have is that movie theaters are struggling because everybody owns a huge TV and they don't care for the experience. What a bubble.

With Jason managing a movie theater I'd hope he'd chime in more in.

oti

Banned
I'm pretty sure Nintendo tried to capture a "real" Mario experience on mobile, Jeff. Has he ever tried a platformer on a touchscreen?

I don't get his disappointment tbh. He gets into the biggest trash on mobile. Maybe he just expected more of Nintendo, which is totally fair. Mario Run is a polished game but not an amazing one.

justjim89

I'm not really seeing any meltdowns. Where exactly?

Also, I wonder if they talk about it in the news section. It is kind of a big thing, a lesbian woman being the cover character and mascot of a major game release.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
i think he made his thoughts pretty clear in the quick look. it's a subpar runner game and a boring mario title. It's out beaten by every other runner handily.

I'm not really seeing any meltdowns. Where exactly?

Also, I wonder if they talk about it in the news section. It is kind of a big thing, a lesbian woman being the cover character and mascot of a major game release.

Well my tumblr feed is certainly experiencing a kind of meltdown

SamNW

Probably in most disappointing. (Even though the game has been good since 1.4)
Speaking of, I wonder what makes the cut for most disappointing this year?

Comcept, for Mighty No. 9 and ReCore?
Street Fighter V?
PlayStation VR?
Super Mario Maker for 3DS?
I don't think Super Mario run was out yet when they recorded GOTY.

I just don't remember a lot of huge disappointments this year.

justjim89

I think you're assuming "meltdown" has a negative connotation ;)

Ohhhh I gotcha. Yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised at the lack of any real negative reaction that I can see. Like, I'm sure the dirtbags on /v/ are pissed off about it, but by and large it seems like a really positive reception.

I think you're assuming "meltdown" has a negative connotation ;)

meltdown, as in nuclear plant meltdown you mean? I don't think most people use it in a positive light.

e:

A disastrous collapse or breakdown:
‘the global financial system suffered a major meltdown’

1.1 informal An uncontrolled emotional outburst or a mental collapse:
‘the story will revolve around her meltdown following the accident’

2 An accident in a nuclear reactor in which the fuel overheats and melts the reactor core or shielding.

meltdown, as in nuclear plant meltdown you mean? I don't think most people use it in a positive light.

e:

A disastrous collapse or breakdown:
‘the global financial system suffered a major meltdown’

1.1 informal An uncontrolled emotional outburst or a mental collapse:
‘the story will revolve around her meltdown following the accident’

2 An accident in a nuclear reactor in which the fuel overheats and melts the reactor core or shielding.

okay okay you win :p

The Division totally game out this year. I wonder if it will get a single mention. Maybe from Jeff.

The Division is a flawed game, but I've had a great time with it. It's got a pretty big community of passionate people, as well as a developer that actually cares about the game enough to work on it post-DLC. It's not my personal Game of the Year, but I'd put it somewhere in my top ten.

I don't have a concrete list yet, but I'm inclined to say that Hitman, Watch Dogs & Stardew Valley are all up there. I still need to play Doom and The Last Guardian, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom