• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Cool. I hope VR is heavily involved. Also, I think (if it's out by the time your dad visits) you should have him play Super Mega Baseball 2 (if it's not out by then, the original is a good alternate). Super Mega Baseball is actually one of my favorite Quick Looks that you and Jeff did, just because of how the game seemingly grew on you both as you played it. Also, there's going to be that retro-mode that hearkens back to Ken Griffey Baseball which will be part of MLB The Show 17. I know you're not all that much of a sports fan, but your dad seems to be a fan of RBI Baseball and similar older NES/SNES game, so he might actually enjoy Super Mega Baseball (1 and 2) and the Retro Mode in MLB 17.

Was that the game that had the great umpire pause menu "Tiiime" and "Time out" and "That's tiiiiime" stuff? Cuz if so I put like ten hours into it when it went on Xbox's Games with Gold and it was pretty damn good. Super competent arcadey with a wee-bit of sim baseball game.

Johndoey

Banned
What dumb ass argument was Jeff trying to make on the Luckey shit? Dude supported a white-supremacist adjacent group and instead of dealing with it Oculus just shoved him in a boardroom and went completely silent. I understand not condemning anyone you might have to deal with again but damn son.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What dumb ass argument was Jeff trying to make on the Luckey shit? Dude supported a white-supremacist adjacent group and instead of dealing with it Oculus just shoved him in a boardroom and went completely silent. I understand not condemning anyone you might have to deal with again but damn son.

Uh what. He was condemning luckey alongside with alex.

Did you even listen? Might help.

Johndoey

Banned
Uh what. He was condemning luckey alongside with alex.

Did you even listen? Might help.

He started off with a bullshit statement about the issue being how Luckey "expressed his political views", Alex was the one to actually lay out the real problem. It was a soft condemnation.

Johndoey

Banned
To even begin the debate by downplaying the reality of the situation and talking around the issue is fucked. Alex is more blunt about the issue and that's appreciated. Look i'm sorry but the way Jeff began the debate stuck out to me because shit like Luckey pulled needs to be stated clearly not hemmed and hawwed over.

hamchan

To even begin the debate by downplaying the reality of the situation and talking around the issue is fucked.

Why the fuck are you even getting outraged about this when the conclusion of the whole thing from Jeff was clearly "fuck Palmer Luckey, fuck his white supremacy ass"?

Xater

So I bought Ratchet & Clank because of the great sale price on PSN and oh my god this game is pretty. Also fun to play, but I didn't expect anything less there. Makes me excited for Insomniacs Spider-Man game.

Gobias

Banned
I'm pretty sure I remember Jeff immediately calling Lucky a piece of garbage on his Mixlr the day that news broke. I don't think he ever tried to downplay it, Alex's quick bluntness just reinforced that he was a perfect fit for the category.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I never felt like Jeff was downplaying anything, he just tried to frame it in a "gaming relevant" way and not "He supported Trump so fuck him". At least that's how I heard it.

hamchan

Am I outraged? I just think Jeff trying to circle speak his way out of the conversation till Alex forced it is sketch.

You sure made yourself seem outraged with your choice of language. Be smart, pick your battles, because attacking Jeff for this makes it seem like you haven't listened to the whole thing or didn't understand Jeff's intentions at all.

LiK

I'm pretty sure I remember Jeff immediately calling Lucky a piece of garbage on his Mixlr the day that news broke. I don't think he ever tried to downplay it, Alex's quick bluntness just reinforced that he was a perfect fit for the category.

Indeed, Jeff downright called him a racist when the news broke as well.

daveo42

Banned
Vinny during Hitmas was one of the better Hitman related things this year.

Also new GB Presents podcast on the release of Glittermitten Grove. Worth a listen.

Holy shit, Vinny's Hitman run.

ALSO

See just that stupid idea of cutting up some stuff and putting them in hats? That's EXACTLY what I've been moaning about them not doing this year.

Just going to that small amount of effort really adds to the enjoyment of a video. Just having them sit down and play games can be pretty dull beyond the Quick Look.

Hopefully this is the start of a tiny bit more creativity in the content they do.

I know it seems like such a small thing but it honestly makes everything way more interesting for me. See also: the Gbeast summer games & Rocket League series.

LiK

Kinda want Shenmue 2. Loved their Shenmue 1 LP. hope they consider doing that when Shenmue 3 release date is announced.

Tubobutts

nah they're actually going to go back to brad playing dota 2 and not even talking for an hour or two, and more segments where they open up loot in overwatch and then not play overwatch
The only Dota and Overwatch content I enjoy is when they don't actually play Dota or Overwatch so if you make both of those opening loot boxes and not playing I'm all in.

SomberOwl

Are people you have muted on twitter showing up on the GB twitter feed part of the page for anyone? I started seeing the tweets yesterday after they launched the GOTY stuff.

daveo42

Banned
That was a pretty amazing moment in a video of a lot of great moments. Vinny's run was the best.
I died when he tried to throw the knife at the target and ended up just tossing it off the roof instead.

It was better when he
got the knife back and ended up killing the first target on a lucky throw and made it off the roof. Shot of the century with that knife.
Hell, Vinny's run start to finish was just perfect.

Voras

It was better when he
got the knife back and ended up killing the first target on a lucky throw and made it off the roof. Shot of the century with that knife.
Hell, Vinny's run start to finish was just perfect.

That was incredible. Giant Bomb playing Hitman is the perfect mix of funny screw ups and super clutch moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom