• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Is Brad streaming next weekend?

Maybe. He said that some personal shit got in the way of streaming during last weekend, but that he would try to get a stream going. With GOTY and all kind of stuff happening I`m guessing he`ll try to get it up and running ASAP if he finds the time.

edit That was a great stream by Jeff and a sweet ending. Looking forward to watching some sweet LaserDisc action when the archive is up. It`s a shame that YT can`t automatically upload the archives when the stream is this long.

Myggen

Can we watch anything in archive right now?

Unless he also streamed on Twitch (which I don`t think he did), you probably can`t. If someone has the link to the live YT version and it still works you can watch the 5 or so last hours, but you`ll have to wait for the archive on the site since YT`s automatic archive apparently has a limit at around 12 or so hours.

Myggen

mSK3qlc.png

KorrZ

Definitely need to catch the archive of Jeff playing TF2. Fell asleep watching last night - it's always cool to see Jeff really having fun with a game and getting into it. .

Who do I message about editing wiki pages for GB? The Warframe page is hilariously out of date and overly image heavy, needs a lot of cleaning. But the last time I tried to do edits it was denied for a reason I don't understand, and never got a message back about it.

Basically I want to make sure that if I bother to spend hours of my time working on cleaning the page up, I don't want it to be reverted by a mod "just because."

Salarians

Listening to the first Bombcast after E3 2014; hearing Brad, Drew, and Danny talking about seeing No Man's Sky sure feels weird now.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
oh god i was just watching that minigame in that Mario Party play and I'm literally crying. Brad laughing is the best, but Dan is a close second.

Had to laugh at my Amazon page just now. I was looking at Dan's new book earlier and now it's bringing up items related to it. Of course one of them is the Waluigi amiibo.

So what's everyone's call on the GB GotY? I think it will come down to Doom and Overwatch.

I'm going for the dark horse: Hitman. I don't think anyone can say enough negative things about it to really bring it down. There are several people who don't care about Overwatch, and it doesn't have a hook for them. Doom has bad multiplayer, and a great campaign that's ultimately also somewhat of a blur.

If anyone's interested, Dan is the guest on next week's GameOverGreggy Show at Kinda Funny (it's already available in full if you support them at one of the tiers- I only sub for $1 to each, so I have to wait). I assume the main reason he's there is to promote his new book, but he is also one of their most frequent guests (along with Danny O'Dyer and Andre Rene (or does she go by Drake now?)) and will be leaving SF soon. I think it's his first time in their new studio.

It'll be between Doom and Hitman. Doom is the clear favourite, but between Brad and Dan adoring it and Jeff and Vinny taking a liking to it, Hitman's a real contender.

I think you might have it flip-flopped. I think Jeff and Brad were the highest on Doom. But Jeff, Brad, Dan, and (as of late) Vinny were all high on Hitman. I think Jeff and Brad liked Hitman enough to have it place ahead of Doom, if Dan and Vinny push hard enough for it. Plus, I think Drew and Jason, from their time watching Dan and Brad play Hitman, have taken a liking to it.

top 3, order i dunno
doom
titan fall 2
hitman

I think it'll go: Hitman, Titanfall 2, Doom. I placed Titanfall 2 ahead of Doom due to being fresher in their minds. Inside will probably make it. Can't forget about The Witness. I'm sure Brad will push hard for its inclusion. Uncharted will be charted. I think, Ratchet and Clank has an outside shot, especially now that the PS4 Pro patch is out.

Here are all the 5 Star reviews Giant Bomb has given this year:
Titanfall 2 (Jeff)
Inside (Brad)
Doom (Brad)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Dan)
Stardew Valley (Dan)
The Witness (Brad)

Of those, I think Stardew Valley is the least likely to make the site's top 10. Not because I don't think it's a deserving game, but because it only seems Dan (who reviewed it) was way into it. It'll definitely make Dan's personal list.

Unless he also streamed on Twitch (which I don`t think he did), you probably can`t. If someone has the link to the live YT version and it still works you can watch the 5 or so last hours, but you`ll have to wait for the archive on the site since YT`s automatic archive apparently has a limit at around 12 or so hours.

Cheers.

Meneses

Considering they all seem to at the very least like it, I think Hitman will have a top 4 or 5 spot.

But I feel Doom, Titanfall, Overwatch are still ahead for them. I could see Brad fighting to try and get it up to 2nd place or so, but I don't if that will have much traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom