• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadotsu

Banned
Doom, Hitman, Titanfall 2, The Witness, Forza 3, Overwatch and Civ 6 all seem like games that will be a lock for their top 10.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Doom, Hitman, Titanfall 2, The Witness, Forza 3, Overwatch and Civ 6 all seem like games that will be a lock for their top 10.

Only Alex plays Civ 6 and he'll be all like "It's a lot like Civ V so really good" and then Brad will be like "AHA!" and then Alex will break down and leave.

chogidogs

I really hope The Witness makes it. It might have been forgotten in the shuffle but that game's ability to make me feel like the smartest man and the dumbest man on earth was a very memorable experience for me.

One day I will get that speedrun trophy.

No one other than Alex played Civ 6. That game will be an early elimination.

Locks: Doom, Hitman, Titanfall 2, Overwatch, Stardew Valley, The Witness, Rec Room, Forza 3, Gears of War 4, Rez Infinite.

Longshots: Quadrilateral Cowboy, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Thumper, Planet Coaster, Dishonored 2, that VR shooting game that Jeff likes,

Strax

Locks: Doom, Hitman, Titanfall 2, Overwatch, Stardew Valley, The Witness, Rec Room, Forza 3, Gears of War 4, Rez Infinite.

Longshots: Quadrilateral Cowboy, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Thumper, Planet Coaster, Dishonored 2, that VR shooting game that Jeff likes,

Those are not locks in any way, shape or form.

Tubobutts

I wonder if they give him a choice: "Either Stardew Valley or Uncharted 4. They can't be both on the list. And the game you pick can't be higher than 10th". What would he pick?
He'll play the soundtracks as a way to convince the rest of them and neither will make the list.

Dragon's Dogma is still a good game

It's terrific. I played a bit on the original release but didn't finish it, but I sank like 100 hours into the PC release. Game's real fucking good, that Dark Arisen stuff is amazing and makes it into one of the best loot-driven ARPGs I've ever played.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Does Doom win best surprise though?

Its hilarious to me that Doom and Hitman might jocky both for top spot and for best surprise. Brad has said a couple times now that he just pulled Dan into the Hitman QL out of what felt like an old school "coverage obligation" of "well some people like this so I guess we better make a video"

Did Jeff play on the GB Trackmania 2 on the stream?

Yep, right before Warioware. Piston got some top times, and I was puttering around as Dr. Robotnik, though it seems like the server's UI plug-ins were borked, since there was a point when it started playing the same song for every track, and you couldn't access the jukebox or any of the other UI elements.

Scizzy

Doom, Hitman, Titanfall 2, Overwatch, and Stardew Valley are locks. The Witnesss, Forza 3, and Inside are very likely. I would bet that Alex can get either Civ6 or Mafia III on the list if he picks one to champion. Maybe Vinny gets BF1 in the 10th spot?

kvothe

It's also the worst game I've played last year. It's just utter garbage. I actually can't remember I was let down by a game this much.

Hm, maybe it's because I didn't really have expectations going in or because I didn't stick with it, but I really enjoyed the time I spent with DD.

The real question is can we name 10 games better then destiny this year?

World of Warcraft: Legion

bam done in one wrap it up put it in peanuts tape it up write the address take it to the post office pay the stupid stamp fee give it to the worker load it on to the truck drive around for 10 hours and ship it.

Only two knocks against Deus Ex MD I have are its similarity to HR, which I don't personally mind, and some of the iffy marketing. It's a huge shame to hear how S-E is mismanaging the franchise that throws follow ups into question.

Got titanfall2 during the target sale this week. Damn the campaign is pretty good so far. Loving the movement stuff, excited to get into multi.

If you could recommend a segment/block from any of the GB 24 hour streams over the past couple of weeks, what would you recommend? I gotta stay awake for a graveyard shift and want to pass the time.

StoveOven

Banned
If you could recommend a segment/block from any of the GB 24 hour streams over the past couple of weeks, what would you recommend? I gotta stay awake for a graveyard shift and want to pass the time.

Alex's stream is so good. I've been listening to it again while getting work done this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom