• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I still need to get Massive Chalice one of these days.

It was pretty fun. It probably helped a lot that it came between XCOM 1 and 2, but it was a solid 3/4 star sort of thing. There was a lack of variety to a degree toward the end of the game, but especially as part of a bundle it's a good pickup for a dozen hours.

oti

Banned
What is the 8-4 podcast? It seems relevant to my interests.

8-4 started independently until GB started a cooperation with them of some sorts. Listen to the podcast, it's really good and my second favourite after the Bombcast. You won't be hearing about Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed on there. I think they had a 5h episode for Dragon Quest X tho. And a lot of Nintendo talk.

8-4 started independently until GB started a cooperation with them of some sorts. Listen to the podcast, it's really good and my second favourite after the Bombcast. You won't be hearing about Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed on there. I think they had a 5h episode for Dragon Quest X tho. And a lot of Nintendo talk.

Sweet baby Jesus. Home away from away.

I turns out Brad is good at games.

There was something that Brad said during one of the times he was a faker that signaled red flags to me that he was probably the faker. It was something along the lines of him trying to "understand" something about the game after a question had ended. I quickly realized he was playing dumb and sure enough, he was the faker.

Anjin M

8-4 Play used to be hosted on 1UP. So when that site went down, they moved over to Giant Bomb since they were all friends. The 8-4 guys do show up on the E3 streams quite often.

There was something that Brad said during one of the times he was a faker that signaled red flags to me that he was probably the faker. It was something along the lines of him trying to "understand" something about the game after a question had ended. I quickly realized he was playing dumb and sure enough, he was the faker.

Tell me more about Fake Brad.

Tubobutts

Brad not understanding something fundamental about a game is perfectly in line with Brad's bradness.

Unless he really did never let go of the hold button.

Brad not understanding something fundamental about a game is perfectly in line with Brad's bradness.

Unless he really did never let go of the hold button.

If I recall, he was trying to "understand" something about the answering process. Something about the way he brought it up felt forced.

Anyone wanna play?

JBPP3? Unfortunately, I don't have it. BUT, only one of us needs to own it. If any of us has the game, they can stream it (only on PS3/XB1/Steam) and everyone else can join in with their phones while watching the stream. When Jeff joined a Jackbox Panel at PAX last year, I was watching the stream and joined in the game as an audience member to vote things, so that does work quite well. However, Fakin' It would be impossible to play, due to the need to see the people's hands/fingers up or facial expressions.

Drew (or Vinny and Jeff) probably set up a separate audio file of the mic feed to be recorded alongside the recording of the QL. That was then mixed that into the encode in post. It depends what end did what.

Many people do this for podcasts when staff are scattered across the country. It would work here too.

Jintor

you know they've done coast to coast qls before right

they just do the QL with a skype call, record both sides locally, and sync the audio up in post

robotrock

Banned
Drew probably set up a separate audio file of his own mic feed to be recorded alongside the recording of the QL. He then mixed that into the encode in post.

Many people do this for podcasts when staff are scattered across the country. It would work here too.

Patrick is the master of this

Ashby

I thought it was pretty obvious that Drew was in-studio and Vinny and Jeff were calling in based on mic quality.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Then maybe this was recorded years ago before Vinny left for NY?

What if Vinny flew back to SF just for this QL?

Seriously, watch the Ekranoplanes QL. The audio is not worse
Didn't Drew actually talk about that? I think he mentioned that Vinny recorded his audio separately on his end and then they just stitched the audiofiles together

strafer

Drew (or Vinny and Jeff) probably set up a separate audio file of the mic feed to be recorded alongside the recording of the QL. That was then mixed that into the encode in post. It depends what end did what.

But what about picture though? He watched it through some 340p webcam? Nah, I dont think so.

Strax

3HKwLFi.png

Gjt2JK8.png

Checks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom