• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylas

I don't really remember, but how'd they take to the PS4 announcement stuff back when that happened? I'm of the opinion that console launches in general are kinda tepid once the, OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN wears off.

LiK

They're a bit puzzled by some choices with the hardware design for the controllers.

They're discussing the games now.

Hindl

Can't watch the stream right now. What is their general consenus of the Switch?

They're just talking about functionality. Not too hot on the Joycons or the more Wii party like games. We'll see what they say about the rest of the games

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I don't really remember, but how'd they take to the PS4 announcement stuff back when that happened? I'm of the opinion that console launches in general are kinda tepid once the, OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN wears off.

They are talking hardware choices (controller) being a tepid response.

But they are also talking about 1-2 Switch right now as being a party game.

kiguel182

The party games are nice since the necessary controls come with the console but if there's something we have a ton of right now is same screen multiplayer games.

daveo42

Banned
Table Tennis looked real good actually. Audio cues as a gameplay element work unless people or the area is too loud to hear the cues.

It seems like they spent more time trying to get everything into the controller and not enough time worrying about how it actually felt to use any one aspect of it.

kiguel182

I think after they sold Wii Music for $50, this didn't really surprise me. Still boggles my mind that it's not a pack-in for launch units.

Fair enough but man, a mini game collection being that expensive is so dumb and as a pack in it would give those 300 bucks some extra value.

repeater

Haha, that's the "Nintendo style solution" headshake from Jeff right there when he heard about the timelimited rental nature of the monthly games.

does the switch even have a microphone built in?

also when they say digital triggers are they talking about when the joy-cons are in the grip or when you are splitting them between you and your friend. i thought the former was analog

Mr. F

Banned
Man.

1, 2, Switch reminds me of the side games that you unlock in Warioware, which only makes me mad at how great a Warioware at launch could have been. Especially now that you could port over microgames from Twisted! with all the gyro madness.

Man.

1, 2, Switch reminds me of the side games that you unlock in Warioware, which only makes me mad at how great a Warioware at launch could have been. Especially now that you could port over microgames from Twisted! with all the gyro madness.

That'd be great. Isn't the Wii game the last proper Warioware, a decade ago?

The defense of 1-2-Switch, that it's a drinking game. I don't get it. Do people need to spend $350 for a reason to drink? I might've answered my own question.

Got

Banned
Using my phone to voice chat while playing my game is giving me Socom PS2 flashbacks. Not in a good way...

"I want him to kiss those girls!!"

Speaking of which, they just announced this $100 peripheral.

huh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom