• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

I tought the idea was that Mario was a human. But those humans don't look like Mario. Maybe they aren't human!

The Mario lore just got more complicated.

LiK

Gonna be like Pokemon GO where people had battery cables hanging out of their pants or bags walking around charging their phones.

People keep referring to "USB C battery packs". USB C is just the cable, it'll work with any of your existing batteries.

I assume they mean rechargeable ones that themselves would also charge with USB C. With my current one, I would be able to use a USB C cable to charge a device, but I would still need a micro USB to charge the battery pack itself.

I assume they mean rechargeable ones that themselves would also charge with USB C. With my current one, I would be able to use a USB C cable to charge a device, but I would still need a micro USB to charge the battery pack itself.

Hm, yeah maybe that's what they mean. That would be more convenient. Some people are under the impression that USB C is a new standard or something that is incompatible with regular USB ports.

Jeff shutting down Dan hard after he said it'd be a good year for software lol

I don't know, I feel like Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart 8 with battle mode, Splatoon 2, Arms, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and probably a couple other titles to be announced at E3 is a pretty solid 9 months... The problem is the weak launch.

Hindl

Agree with Jeff, everything is just too expensive across the board. It'll probably be a 3DS scenario where a couple months down the line they'll cut the price, probably Black Friday

I don't know, I feel like Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart 8 with battle mode, Splatoon 2, Arms, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and probably a couple other titles to be announced at E3 is a pretty solid 9 months... The problem is the weak launch.

Yeah it's a solid first 9 months. Just nothing there for launch if you have a Wii U and it's pricey.

Zelda and Mario is enough to qualify for a strong year of software to Dan lmao

I mean, for some people, that's is enough for it to be a good Nintendo year. When you compare the schedule with other companies, yeah, it's shitty, but if you're looking for some good Nintendo games? Yeah, it's a pretty good year.

It's more about perspective. Some people are going to be going to feel the lack of games a lot more than others. Personally, I play a lot of games on Playstation, so I won't really take as much of a hit as someone that only owns a Switch. For a lot of people, I think waiting until later in the year is going to be a better move.

Agree with Jeff, everything is just too expensive across the board. It'll probably be a 3DS scenario where a couple months down the line they'll cut the price, probably Black Friday

Get ready for that Nintendo Switch Ambassador program!

Hindl

I mean, for some people, that's is enough for it to be a good Nintendo year. When you compare the schedule with other companies, yeah, it's shitty, but if you're looking for some good Nintendo games? Yeah, it's a pretty good year.

It's more about perspective. Some people are going to be going to feel the lack of games a lot more than others. Personally, I play a lot of games on Playstation, so I won't really take as much of a hit as someone that only owns a Switch. For a lot of people, I think waiting until later in the year is going to be a better move.

Get ready for that Nintendo Switch Ambassador program!

I'm a sucker and need portable Zelda so I'm getting it day one. Ambassador program sounds great to me!

Like a lot of folks, this event has taken me from definitely to maybe. It's really amazing how the more details came out, the more clear it was that Nintendo is still shooting themselves in the foot. Baffling decisions.

Xater

Jeff saying how it is. It's too expensive, don't buy this right now.

I think a lot if it seems neat, but with being primarily a first party system you can't price this way.

I'm going back and forth on whether to keep my preorder. There's no E3 before launch and the only game that stands out, that isn't on Wii U, is Mario later this year. Trouble with Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon 2 is having to pay to play online, which ain't happening from me.

imBask

Banned
I'm going back and forth on whether to keep my preorder. There's no E3 before launch and the only game that stands out, that isn't on Wii U, is Mario later this year. Trouble with Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon 2 is having to pay to play online, which ain't happening from me.

it cost nothing to keep it, it's literally the only reason I haven't canceled it yet

I do have an alert on my phone 2 weeks before release though, to make sure

Catvoca

Banned
Their free online until September stuff is so weird. Like imagine a casual gamer or a kid really enjoying Splatoon or MK8 when they buy it and then suddenly being told in September they have to pay a monthly subscription to play those games now. I also wonder if they'll pull some dirty shit and have big updates for Splatoon saved until after the paywall goes up lol.

Other than the pricing, online stuff and lack of first year games, I'm not hearing anything too negative from the guys. They're sort of lukewarm on some of the games, but they overall seem OK with it.

#BowserMilk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom