• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
The Switch is such a convoluted mess for something that seemed to simple at first glance. I'm getting GB trying to explain Xbox One DRM flashbacks.

Still hopeful for the system though, just frustrated by this... mess.

Mr. F

Banned
The Switch is such a convoluted mess for something that seemed to simple at first glance. I'm getting GB trying to explain Xbox One DRM flashbacks.

Still hopefull for the system though, just frustrated by this... mess.

It's crazy contrasting the simplicity of the reveal trailer with how far down the rabbit hole they went with everything JoyCon related yesterday. I'm hoping all the gimmicky garbage falls away in the year after in the same vein as nobody using 3D for 3Ds games.

I'm optimistic that it'll be strong in the coming years once they focus handheld and console teams on the same system, if that's really the way things are going to go.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I really look forward to the launch day stream of Switch. It will be interesting. I hope both West and East does something.

repeater

She wanted a kiss a on the cheek
Who wouldn't?

0fpIdua.gif

bomma_man

Gonna get Zelda for Wii u then get this for my birthday in august. The launch lineup is fucking terrible but I don't really play that many games so Mario and splatoon and whatever else is good is enough for me.

Hindl

I haven't been able to watch any streams. That controller looks tiny.

Dan and Jeff both said it's surprisingly comfortable, and they'd be the first ones to call it out. Though they did say the individual Joycons were uncomfortably small on their own

I really look forward to the launch day stream of Switch. It will be interesting. I hope both West and East does something.

It's gonna be Zelda and not much else. And I think Zelda would work better as an ongoing series with Vinny and Dan fucking around in that world

oti

Banned
It's just five launch games apparently and by far the most interesting one is Zelda.

I could see Brad looking at the fonts of the settings section for 1h followed by 2h of Zelda gameplay and them calling it a day after that.

robotrock

Banned
It's just five launch games apparently and by far the most interesting one is Zelda.

I could see Brad looking at the fonts of the settings section for 1h followed by 2h of Zelda gameplay and them calling it a day after that.

hopefully puyo puyo tetris makes launch

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
It's gonna be Zelda and not much else. And I think Zelda would work better as an ongoing series with Vinny and Dan fucking around in that world

The demonstration on using the controllers like this will be fantastic though.

3146952-2984841855-ninte.png

Chuck

Still without luck
Im assuming no bluetooth on the switch for my AirPods.

Fucking hate all devices with headphone jacks on the top.
"How about instead of blutooth you get a censor that can see if you're chewing an imaginary sandwich...asshole?" -reggie

Hindl

"Nintendo makes me angry in a way that I love" - Patrick sums up his feelings on the Switch

Nintendo makes me angry in a way that I hate. It would be easier if the hardware and pricing is all what it was, and then the games were just 1 2 Switch, Arms, and a shitty looking Mario game. But Zelda looks great, Mario looks great, Splatoon 2 looks great, then there's Xenoblade 2, SMT...If the games were bad I could at least say "Great the system's a piece of shit all around" and have that be that. But instead they show great looking games and bury it beneath a bunch of bullshit, so I'm just disappointed because I see the potential

I know he was just visiting GBEast (probably for the Switch event), but I wouldn't be against them poaching Ben Hanson away form Game Informer to be another video guy for GB East. That could lead to more crazy Dan stories. He seemed to gel well.

"Cloud saves, in theory, who cares."

Holy fuck, Jeff. They're charging money for their online service now. Cloud saves are an expected feature that needs to be there.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I haven't been able to play videos on their website on my iPhone or iPad for a while now.

Am I doing something wrong? It just gets stuck at loading video and doesn't give me any options..

LiK

I haven't been able to play videos on their website on my iPhone or iPad for a while now.

Am I doing something wrong? It just gets stuck at loading video and doesn't give me any options..

if you use an ad blocker like Purify, it won't work.

I have the same issue. Actually, sometimes I can load the video for a few minutes, and then the video freezes but the sound continues. Sometimes there's no sound, but the video continues to play. And finally, sometimes it won't even load the video at all. No ad blocker installed, either.

I'm on an iPhone, too. I should really just go out and buy my LG V20 this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom