• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The GotY version to have an exclusive mission with giantbomb contracting agent 47 to take a hit on steve gaynor.

Cover art is dr tracksuit handing agent 47 a bag of money.

Jintor

a bit sad probably neither jeff nor dan are crazy enough to be watching the nintendo japan livestream because they just had a crazy revenge narrative throughout the day involving ARMS and a model being beaten up by the silent masked gaijin heel ARMS GIRL, her going backstage to train for the entire day, and then coming back to clutch out a victory 1-2.

then she got whooped by ARMS BOY but they inducted her into the ARMS club with her very own sick mask*

*I may be embellishing slightly

Those nerds don't deserve Drew

From the YouTube Comments:
A5xzZxH.png

Cool. My Internet got upgraded, and I can now download Steam games at
3MB/s
. I am excited, even if this is a slow speed for most.

I actually complained to the company as I was sick of not been able to watch premium GB Live Shows with my previous slow connection (
0.7MB/s
). Vinny's high bitrate choice was always a bit too much for me even on SD

Jintor

expectations and foreign pricing. Thing is gonna be like AU$470 and I won't even get any games with that. Also, everyone wanted lower, so ya know.

I'm not super fussed since I'm lucky enough to be working right now, but if i wasn't or had a job with less savings potential etc i'd be irritated

hamchan

I'm not really angry with anything Switch related. More bewilderment at some of their choices. Plus also just a resigned attitude of "oh ok, so once again Nintendo isn't going to have a very good launch."

I'm working and have money, but y'know there's a ludicrous amount of things to buy on PS4 and PC this year that one doesn't even have to think about the Switch until 2018 or 2019.

In fairness, that $50 is the price of 1-2-Tap. And over $250 makes it the most expensive Nintendo handheld. And I guess $300 makes it as if not more expensive than the PS4 and Xbox.

I wasn't following the rumors leading up to it so my number was $300. Accessory prices are the real mess.

Mechazawa

Vinny Caravella, video producer, explained the distinction of "good" and "well" to two editors who have published thousands of pieces.

Antiwhippy

I do find out funny how so many people think production is as simple as "it should be at this time, so that us wjat will happen."

Jintor

like jesus christ the accessory prices are out of fucking control

i might actually skip the pro controller unless reports are it's fucking crazy for splat2 or it gets bundled maybe

Volotaire

Can somebody explain to me people's anger about the Switchs price to me? I just don't get it.

$299 seems totally reasonable.

First, I think poster's price expectations from the LKD leaks were heavily priced into posters' purchasing decisions months ago.

Second, I think you have to make a distinction between posters who are debating about the financial aspects of the pricing with respect to Nintendo's prospective financial performance vs. their personal purchasing decisions.

Third, the pricing of the accessories is absurd (perhaps partly justified for the controllers because of the included motion tech) and add a lot to the initial pricing of the product. Posters will probably want to purchase an additional £25 128GB Micro SD card (pricing only at timely sales), protective casing/covers and the Pro Controller. The Pro Controller is very expensive at £60. This make the initial cost of the console about £370 new. Moreover, there is uncertainty in the pricing of the online subscription fees. The prospective cost to play MK8 or Splatoon online is even more expensive in the long run.

Fourth, there is uncertainty. The possible time premium that you will be paying to play Zelda could be huge in the UK since the supermarkets are currently operating in a very low margin environment. In addition to this, the symmetric pricing information, in the form of HUKD, has a huge factor on frequent discounts on hardware.

Fifth, there is the poor sense of value. The diversity and number of launch games and launch windows games is terrible and contributes to the poor value for money posters are feeling.

Sixth, and this is UK specific, disposable income is going to be heavily affected in the near future with high inflation expectations, the sharp rise in the inflation path and the increase in output costs for goods, increasing the value of the opportunity cost to purchase the system. In comparison, the PS4 and XB1 have regularly gone down to £200 with 2 games and even £150 with FIFA. That makes any purchasing decision between 2 consoles even harder.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

The saddest thing is that that's actually a pretty amazing joke.

Can somebody explain to me people's anger about the Switchs price to me? I just don't get it.

$299 seems totally reasonable.

1. Leaks suggested it was 250 and people are idiots
2. People look at the 3-6 hour battery life and freak out, not realizing that the Switch is a pretty powerful system for what it is. It's kinda ludicrous to expect more
3. No bundled game
4. The old "Why is *this* in the controller, I don't need it and it probably ads 100$ to the price!" idea
5. The price for the god damn pro controller is INSANE
6. 32GB of storage. That's seriously silly Nintendo. Buckle up and go for 64 at least, jesus.

Is $50 really that big of deal to some people? Geez louise.

If it is, maybe they shouldn't be new console shopping.
It all comes down to value for money.

If you think it's worth spending $300 on then go ahead. A lot of people don't consider it to be worth that amount however.

Lunar FC

First, I think poster's price expectations from the LKD leaks were heavily priced into posters' purchasing decisions months ago.

Second, I think you have to make a distinction between posters who are debating about the financial aspects of the pricing with respect to Nintendo's prospective financial performance vs. their personal purchasing decisions.

Third, the pricing of the accessories is absurd (perhaps partly justified for the controllers because of the included motion tech) and add a lot to the initial pricing of the product. Posters will probably want to purchase an additional £25 128GB Micro SD card (pricing only at timely sales), protective casing/covers and the Pro Controller. The Pro Controller is very expensive at £60. This make the initial cost of the console about £370 new. Moreover, there is uncertainty in the pricing of the online subscription fees. The prospective cost to play MK8 or Splatoon online is even more expensive in the long run.

Fourth, there is uncertainty. The possible time premium that you will be paying to play Zelda could be huge in the UK since the supermarkets are currently operating in a very low margin environment. In addition to this, the symmetric pricing information, in the form of HUKD, has a huge factor on frequent discounts on hardware.

Fifth, there is the poor sense of value. The diversity and number of launch games and launch windows games is terrible and contributes to the poor value for money posters are feeling.

Sixth, and this is UK specific, disposable income is going to be heavily affected in the near future with high inflation expectations, the sharp rise in the inflation path and the increase in output costs for goods, increasing the value of the opportunity cost to purchase the system. In comparison, the PS4 and XB1 have regularly gone down to £200 with 2 games and even £150 with FIFA. That makes any purchasing decision between 2 consoles even harder.

1. Leaks suggested it was 250 and people are idiots
2. People look at the 3-6 hour battery life and freak out, not realizing that the Switch is a pretty powerful system for what it is. It's kinda ludicrous to expect more
3. No bundled game
4. The old "Why is *this* in the controller, I don't need it and it probably ads 100$ to the price!" idea
5. The price for the god damn pro controller is INSANE
6. 32GB of storage. That's seriously silly Nintendo. Buckle up and go for 64 at least, jesus.

Thanks. These post have put different users perspectives into focus. While for me personally I don't plan on getting any of these accessories and already have a 64gb SD card. So that removes many of the issues others might be facing. I didn't own a WiiU, and the fact that I will be able to play Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 and Zelda (with the prospect of a new Pokemon and dare I say Yo-Kai Watch in the future) on a powerful mobile device with a nice display is awesome to me.

I don't get it.

Was hoping I wasn't the only one.

oti

Banned
People who trust random people, or "leakers", don't deserve better.

I am really curious about the HD rumble.

I'm curious too. I just wish Nintendo would've implemented that into Zelda. What if there are stealth sections in the game and the rumble gives you detailed feedback about your status or something like that. There is a noise meter in the game already.

f0rk

I'm a bit confused by people saying a 64GB card for the Switch is enough extra. Extreme example but you couldn't fit Doom on that shit

Antiwhippy

I doubt the switch can run doom at a level that needs 64gb of assets lmao.

Also even at this point if I need to download anything above 20-30gb I'm buying physical. I'm not using a quarter of my cap.

Even giantbomb of all sites are coming around to the fact that an all-digital future is nowhere near feasible currently.

Antiwhippy

Honestly though, if drew said "it's de fence" the joke would have hit better.

Pronounced like a jamican fella swinging fish over his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom