• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

as a dude inordinately into splatoon i'm pretty down on the amount of reaction videos who watched the splatoon 2 vid and didn't freak out over every little cool thing like i did because they thought it was 1.5 or weren't into it or whatever

damn you fun vampires, damn you all

on the other hand every other youtube reaction destroys my speakers with gibbering so maybe 'looks cool i guess' is a preferable reaction

I was one of the Splatoon diehards who immediately figured it was a sequel just from the assets like stage elements and guns that had art redesigns just for that 2 seconds of footage in the Switch reveal video, and felt extremely vindicated by the reveal that it was 2 and not an enhanced port like the "insiders" kept saying, extremely vindicated by all the new and changed stuff in the trailer, then very baffled by all the "oh is this a port" talk afterwards.

I was one of the Splatoon diehards who immediately figured it was a sequel just from the assets like stage elements and guns that had art redesigns just for that 2 seconds of footage in the Switch reveal video, and felt extremely vindicated by the reveal that it was 2 and not an enhanced port like the "insiders" kept saying, extremely vindicated by all the new and changed stuff in the trailer, then very baffled by all the "oh is this a port" talk afterwards.

The insiders don't seem to know a whole lot.

Anyway, I'd like a bigger campaign for Splatoon 2. If I buy it to keep, I doubt I'll play it online past September when they start charging for it.

You know, I sort miss having a consistent series that would go live at midnight every few days like Metal Gear Scanlon did. I remember being excited on Sunday nights to have a MGS to look forward to. I don't think they've done that since MGS ended.

TheYanger

Downloaded Solitairica after Drew showed it off, been playing it like nonstop. This is legitimately the most engrossed I've ever been in a mobile game (Yeah, it's on steam, but the phone version is 3 bucks and I have 20 bucks in google play credit). Fucking awesome.

Myggen

I don`t think I`ve seen my boyfriend laugh as hard as when we watched UPF just now, and Rorie talked about genetics and heart attack and having to go to the doctor, and Mary just going...

Or don`t go in the bathroom anymore because your family dies in there.

I love this site.

I was always a big metal gear fan but for whatever reason I never got around to playing Ground Zeroes and MGSV. Is Metal Gear Scanlon 5 worth watching for the jokes and to experience the story?

do you want to watch drew suffer
image.php

Breath of the the Wild looks incredibly washed out at times and I wonder if that's intentional to conceal the low-res textures. At first I thought it was because of compression and off-screen footage but now we're getting direct feed and it still looks like that.

Wind Waker meanwhile is beautiful and pretty much ageless, especially when upscaled.

Myggen

Wind Waker is indeed a beautiful game. I do prefer the old shading to the HD remaster though.

The HD Remaster is a bit heavy on the bloom, but other than that it`s an improvement in every way imo. But as I said, that game holds up exceptionally well visually regardless of the version you`re playing.

Volotaire

I played WW for the first time with WW HD and I loved the way it looked. I had only played the WW demo on the Zelda GC collectors disk.

It was really dissapointing to expereince framerate drops when sailing on the sea with explosions.

Phediuk

7/8/2008 Bombcast:

NeoGAF mentioned again, in the context of Denis Dyack personally getting into an argument via GAF posts.

Apparently, this week, he went on the 1UP Yours podcast and flung some more shit at GAF from a distance.

----

Brad: "You don't read everything on NeoGAF and take all that as gospel. Some of those viewpoints are just batshit crazy."

I don`t think I`ve seen my boyfriend laugh as hard as when we watched UPF just now, and Rorie talked about genetics and heart attack and having to go to the doctor, and Mary just going...

Or don`t go in the bathroom anymore because your family dies in there.

I love this site.

That was solid gold!
I too love this site!

StoveOven

Banned
Brad: "You don't read everything on NeoGAF and take all that as gospel. Some of those viewpoints are just batshit crazy."

He's not wrong

Edit: Also, I just watched the Bequest quick look. That thing is just a string of incredible moments and I hope the Vinny/Dan combo does more QLs of shitty horror games

bomma_man

I wish they did a Halo anniversary style toggle for Wind Waker. The new style is fine on its own but the original look shits all over it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Been reading knights of sidonia lately, and just googling stuff about it and I've had a good laugh that hideo kojima somehow appeared in the reception section on the wikipedia. Death stranding does seem like it takes a lot of inspiration from Tsutomu Nihei, which actually gets me more excited for the game.

7/8/2008 Bombcast:

NeoGAF mentioned again, in the context of Denis Dyack personally getting into an argument via GAF posts.

Apparently, this week, he went on the 1UP Yours podcast and flung some more shit at GAF from a distance.

----

I'm looking forward to when you get to the Demons Souls release in 09 because their opinions on that game are pretty funny to go back to in light of what that series became.

Megasoum

Banned
Was thinking about this while watching the latest Best Of video... I'm surprised that with all the coverage and praises GB gave to Hitman that IO did not put any kind of reference of joke about them in one of the later episode.

Didn't they do it too with one of a journalist or youtuber recently?

Was thinking about this while watching the latest Best Of video... I'm surprised that with all the coverage and praises GB gave to Hitman that IO did not put any kind of reference of joke about them in one of the later episode.

there was a steve gaynor reference in one of the featured contracts.

robotrock

Banned

I think they knew that if they did that in season one, Giant Bomb might feel weirder about talking about it.

Now that they've got the award from Giant Bomb they wanted, I expect them to up all of that in season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom