• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at a list of Wii U game sizes. Looks like most 3rd party games are around 20gb. All other full releases look to average about 6gb.

Joeku

Is $50 really that big of deal to some people? Geez louise.

If it is, maybe they shouldn't be new console shopping.
As someone who doesn't make a lot of money, yes, a $50 difference matters. FOH with this shit. Unbundled, with numerous features in a controller that are fucking useless to me, means that part of the price is completely worthless to what I want out of it (read: Zelda). Considering the prices of more joycons and other parts of the system on their own, you can see what makes this "worth" $300 instead of $250. Don't deign to tell me how much $50 is actually worth.

To wit: I had thought of getting the Switch. Considering the price and the launch lineup, I am instead just getting Zelda on WiiU and waiting for however long I feel it takes for the system to be worth it. So yeah, the price mattered to me.

Fuck this pseudo-classist bullshit.

People who trust random people, or "leakers", don't deserve better.

Funny, this, considering how incredibly accurate a ton of these Switch leaks have been. It ain't random if it's sourced and then comes true.

EDIT:
I'm looking at a list of Wii U game sizes. Looks like most 3rd party games are around 20gb. All other full releases look to average about 6gb.
At least the NES and SNES titles you get free every month will be a couple megs large at most.

half+smile+1.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Tbf, while I don't think the price is unfair for what you get, I completely understand if you don't think it's worth it compared to what else you can get for the money.

I did the same with the PS4. Didn't get it until late last year, and now there's a whole slew of games I want to play on it coming out. I would have fuck all to play on it until now if I got it at launch.

Well, that was AGDQ. Hell of a week, so much fun. Time to catch up on GB content now before Tuesday, got just a few things I haven't caught up on thankfully since I wasn't interested in all the runs, obviously.

Since I went through all the replies here about the Switch I'm here to say that I'm one of those who pre-ordered one and I'm looking forward to it. Like Dan, I usually look at Nintendo consoles for Nintendo ass games so, if they're making a Mario, Zelda or lets say a charming new IP like Splatoon within the year then I'm in. Nintendo has always been a secondary console to me. Like I'd buy it just to play Nintendo exclusives and I'm content with it, even if it was just a few. Obviously, if someone asked would I recommend purchasing a Switch? I would say no because it ain't worth it unless you have what I said in mind. Them releasing a Mario and a Zelda game in the same year is amazing when it comes to a Nintendo console.

Should we expect more from them though? Absolutely. However, I am content with Nintendo and their ways. Maybe if a Nintendo console was my main console I'd care more but between my Xbox One, PS4, handhelds & PC. I don't really care. WTF at those accessory prices though.

hamchan

Here is a 3DS/Wii U backlog I can use to justify not buying a Switch too:

Dragon Quest 7&8
Fire Emblem Conquest and Revelation
Picross 3D Round 2
Bravely Second
Pushmo + sequels
Majora's Mask 3d
Pokemon Moon
Monster Hunter Generations
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Tokyo Mirage Sessions

Basically I can skip having a Switch for like a year+ really. Maybe when they release a Monster Hunter XXX on the Switch in English might be a good time to switch.

oti

Banned
Funny, this, considering how incredibly accurate a ton of these Switch leaks have been. It ain't random if it's sourced and then comes true.

Leaking the Switch using USB-C is one thing. Leaking the price is something I would not expect even the most reputable video game journalist to be able to do confidently. I know I'm moving goal posts here but don't you agree with this?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah I think that the price for the Switch is probably fair, and I'm not going to feel ripped off when I buy it, but that's not the same thing as thinking that it will sell well at that price

It is not possible for Dan, who always feels compelled to ask all these questions all the time, could exist in this world without knowing what a rim is unless he has a serious neurological disorder causing memory loss.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
At least the NES and SNES titles you get free every month will be a couple megs large at most.

And Nintendo is really going the extra mile, making it so you only have access to those games for a month as not to clutter up your valuable storage space.

I guess, if Dan only retains information that comes from video games, movies or wrestling, I can understand why he would be afraid that his car could explode at any moment.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
btw, what is dans obsession with SKA? I hear him ask a lot about it, Is that SKA? Is this SKA?

It came up (Presumably during a Game Tapes) and Dan had no idea what it is. He doesn't seem to care enough to actually look it up to find out, so he is figuring out by process of elimination as he hears new music.

*Country music*

Is this ska?

*Gregorian chants*

Is this ska?

*Tuvan throat singing*

This has to be ska, right?

*Dubstep*

Is it ska yet?

That last one would be a great name for a ska based podcast. If any of you fine duders wants to use it, feel free to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom