• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

This was the best surprise to wake up to! I like how they dropped all the episodes at once. I'm kinda into this model and like the Shenmue ER, where they get it all recorded first and then drop it as a surprise.

Also, I think I'm done watching TITR til they beat Contra.

Wunder

The way Jason said he'd put in some videos on UPF seemed suspicious, like he'd put up something special or unexpected. Now I get it.

Just went back and rewatched that bit, Drew and Jason trying to hold back smiles when Rorie was talking about "finding something to play next week" was great!

tesqui

Drew said on a recent bombcast that he doesn't care for the character action style of gameplay. I wonder if that opinion formed after he played through MGR lol. I personally could never get into the game play of that game.

This was the best surprise to wake up to! I like how they dropped all the episodes at once. I'm kinda into this model and like the Shenmue ER, where they get it all recorded first and then drop it as a surprise.

Also known as the Netflix Binge method, having all the episodes available at once has been shown to be more appealing to viewers instead of having to wait day to day.

Really enjoying the fast paced absurdity of Rising compared to how slow, boring, and repetitive MGS5 was.

MGR and MGSV are basically half of a Metal Gear Solid game each, but the exact opposite halves. Rising got the codecs and the political commentary, V got the natural evolution of 3 and 4's stealth mechanics.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
MGR and MGSV are basically half of a Metal Gear Solid game each, but the exact opposite halves. Rising got the codecs and the political commentary, V got the natural evolution of 3 and 4's stealth mechanics.

There are so damn many codec convos too. There are like 100 optional ones for every story one also. It's packed with VO that is completely missable in a casual playthough. Not that any of it is more coherent than the usual Metal Gear stuff, but there is a LOT of it.

Kalor

It's cool to see that they finally did Rising. It's probably up there for me in terms of favourite games in the series.

Ketch

WHAAAAAT>?
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

justjim89

I think I've found the perfect counter for whenever Dan asks if any music with horns in it is ska or reggae.

Anytime a game has generic chunky guitar butt rock, Alex or Vinny should ask Dan "Hey, is this Skynard?"

Zomba13

I never made it through Metal Gear Scanlon for V, the fifth game. Because of how boring it was. Did someone compile of the best episodes to watch?

Same. I watched the first and the last episodes. It was so funny when Drew calls out the "big twist" 14 minutes into episode one.

You missed the best part, where they hold that shot for like 10 seconds, and Drew goes "I'm not even looking at the screen right now" while awesome shit happens on screen lol

Man, this series is great. I'm flabbergasted at them. Drew is experience the defacto best MGS game.

Wait what the fuuuuun

I just woke up to Metal Gear Scanlon Rising, and the whole thing is available now? I saw you guys talking about the game the other day, but I didn't realize they did it! Did y'all know?

Rising is so frigging good. It's kind of insane that it works as well as it does, it manages the perfect mix of dumb and awesome. Kills me we'll never get a sequel.

God, Mistral's fight is so great. And that music.

I've come here from nowhere
Across the unforgiving sea
Drifting further and further
It's all becoming clear to me

But violent winds are upon us and I can't sleep
Internal temperatures rising
And all the voices won't recede

I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war
I've finally found what I was looking for