• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
I've never had anything besides a regular crunchy taco at Taco Bell, what would y'all recommend?

Pretty much anything on the menu. My go-to items:

Chipotle Chicken Loaded Griller
Beefy Frito Burrito
Steak Quesadilla
Quesarito
Mini Shredded Chicken Quesadilla
Grilled Stuff Burrito
Cinnabon Delights

On second thought, it would kinda fun to piss off the Undertale fanbase next.

That's easy. Just tell them you didn't find the game all that enjoyable and/or boring. I've had people question my humanity because I found it to be rather dull and the excitement for it to be well overblown. This all reminds me how much I cannot stand the Undertale fanbase. Still to this day.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
That's easy. Just tell them you didn't find the game all that enjoyable and/or boring. I've had people question my humanity because I found it to be rather dull and the excitement for it to be well overblown. This all reminds me how much I cannot stand the Undertale fanbase. Still to this day.

See, I actually really liked the game. One of my favourite games of that year. But that fanbase. It definitely made me like the game less. Same witht the Souls games actually.

ArjanN

I don't care at all that drew is playing on easy with auto parry.
I just wanted drew to experience all this crazy

While I don't really mind it because Drew Is pretty inexperienced at action games, I still feel it's kind of a missed opportunity, because that lowers the bar to the point that you don't actually have to understand the game to get through it.

Dan not liking this game that much also makes way more sense now, since he clearly understood nothing about it outside of enjoying the of over-the-top cutscenes.

good news is you can knock it out in a long afternoon

Or like a hundred hours if you actually want to do everything.

dannno9a3d.gif

Joeku

MGS Scanlon Rising ep 4: yeah guys, not being able to trust your brain is pretty shitty. Welcome to actual anxiety disorders.

Funny they sort of talked themselves into figuring out what it is while fighting winged cyborgs.

Loxley

If folks got frustrated watching Drew play regular MGS, I can't imagine the kind of hair-pulling that's going to happen with MGR XD

bigkrev

I recently learned that you can use the Taco Bell App to customize the shit out of any item easily, without having to explain anything to the cashier.

You can order the $1 Fritos Burrito that has Meat, Nacho Cheese, Rice and Fritos, and add Lettuce, Onions, Pico de Gallo, Sour Creme, Black Beans, salsa, change the meat to Chicken and basically have a good, giant Burrito for like $2.50

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
You can get those double stacked tacos for a buck a piece right now. They're super cheap and pretty good.

I'm playing Minecraft in VR while also watching Giant Bomb play MGR on a screen in the sky. The future is pretty rad y'all. I've never really seen much of MGR but holy crap I see why people talk so highly of this game now. I totally want a sequel to it.

I don't know what it was, but when I played Driveclub VR yesterday in a night race, it felt very, very relaxing and serene. I never got that feeling when doing the same race in regular Driveclub. It's a shame it couldn't have the visual fidelity of normal Driveclub, but it works well enough.

popo

Pure speculation here but I always felt like the whole split bombcast thing was 100% a "suits" idea (Whiskey's bosses) and the editorial staff was just glad that the community backlashed on it this bad so they could turn around and go see the bosses and say "You see?"

It was their bizdev guy at the time Mike Tatum that was behind it. Although I have no idea who supported it among the rest.

It seemed like they just threw it (splitting the bombcast) out there (like when Tatum promised they would go to Australia, start a book site and the GB world tour) and then when fan backlash was almost totally negative they walking it back quick sharp.

Fantastapotamus

http://jeff.zone/post/155950604511/remember-when-you-guys-wanted-to-split-the-podcast

Kind of worrying that his answer isn't "yeah, that was dumb."

Just how well does the Bombcast do for them?

also jesus christ dan and drew are the best

While the idea was dumb, it's a logical conclusion. Jeff never trusted the add-model so it made sense to think of other ways to keep the site afloat. And since the Bombcast was the most popular thing they did it made sense to maybe use that.

I've never had anything besides a regular crunchy taco at Taco Bell, what would y'all recommend?

Crunchwrap Supreme, FIERY Cheesy Gordita Crunch, and those new $1 habanero taco dealies are good too.

EDIT: I really miss those ghost pepper things too, can't remember the name. Also R.I.P. Siracha Quesarito.

The Blade Wolf is such an amazing boss. He looks like nothing but man, he's the boss that you won't be able to beat easily on normal until you master the parry system.

Lunar FC

Anybody here also have a deep longing for KFC's Double Down?

635578715458371905-AP-KFC-Double-Down.jpg

jeff on tumblr: "I think the lineup would feel thin even if every single game they've showed was out on day 1."

jeez...

That's just wrong, but okay.

Of the games they showed, I want to play:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Project Octopath Traveler
​Snipperclips
​Splatoon 2
Super Mario Odyssey​
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Don't know how many he needs.

skynidas

Banned
jeff on tumblr: "I think the lineup would feel thin even if every single game they’ve showed was out on day 1."

jeez...

well, that's a stupid thing to say. It certainly is a very shitty launch lineup. But if everything that was shown were coming out on launch day it wouldn't be a thin lineup.

oti

Banned
jeff on tumblr: "I think the lineup would feel thin even if every single game they’ve showed was out on day 1."

jeez...

That sounds like knee jerk makes lame jokes during conferences Jeff and not the thoughtful let me slam dunk you with my knowledge Jeff that I prefer
most of the time

Joeku

I recently learned that you can use the Taco Bell App to customize the shit out of any item easily, without having to explain anything to the cashier.

You can order the $1 Fritos Burrito that has Meat, Nacho Cheese, Rice and Fritos, and add Lettuce, Onions, Pico de Gallo, Sour Creme, Black Beans, salsa, change the meat to Chicken and basically have a good, giant Burrito for like $2.50

Shit like this makes me glad I'm not American.

Zaph

jeez...

You should probably quote the whole thing, rather than take part of the paragraph without context.

His point is Nintendo's software output has been so low recently that you'd expect it to translate into a much bigger Switch lineup.

I didn't think the line-up was terrible, but the volume and port-focus was more like a company that's coming off the back of a successful console and have only just started a new cycle of games. Like seriously, what has Nintendo been doing these last few years?

Fantastapotamus

The Homestuck game is supposed to be out this month if we wanna piss off some fanbases.

(it's totally gonna get delayed again)

I googled Homestuck on Google Images, 99% sure it will be some Anime thing.
I have no idea what that is, it's like 50 completely different images

ArjanN

well, that's a stupid thing to say. It certainly is a very shitty launch lineup. But if everything that was shown were coming out on launch day it wouldn't be a thin lineup.

I mean, sure, because lauch lineups are usually terrible.

In terms of games Jeff would be interested in playing it probably still would be, i.e. Mario and maybe Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom