• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick Robinson is fighting Patrick with Jeff image quotes
lqzTHXm.png

Man, GameSpot is (in terms of "old" guard) is down to Peter Brown, Rob Handlery, Erick Tay, and (despite actually being a relatively recent hire) Mike Mahardy. Gamespot just recently poached two women from IGN (both are huge anime fans).

Here are the major people that have left GameSpot in the past couple years:
Danny O'Dwyer
Chris Watters
Kevin VanOrd
Shaun McInnis
Andy Bauman
Alexa Ray Correia
Mary Kish
Giancarlo Varanini
(I feel like I'm forgetting some people)

robotrock

Banned
Man, GameSpot is (in terms of "old" guard) is down to Peter Brown, Rob Handlery, Erick Tay, and (despite actually being a relatively recent hire) Mike Mahardy. Gamespot just recently poached two women from IGN (both are huge anime fans).

Danny O'Dwyer
Chris Watters
Kevin VanOrd
Shaun McInnis
Andy Bauman
Alexa Ray Correia
Mary Kish
Giancarlo Varanini

Ryan Mac Donald was pretty recent right?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Danny O'Dwyer
Chris Watters
Kevin VanOrd
Shaun McInnis
Andy Bauman
Alexa Ray Correia
Mary Kish
Giancarlo Varanini

John Davison

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Gamespot seems not interested in producing original content anymore. Just hire some people for reviews and somebody who puts up trailers.

Edit: Alex is a good twitterer...tweeter...twitteer?

welp, cross "Mary Kish appearances" off the list of redeeming qualities UPF has

that leaves us with, uh

um

anyone else worried they arbitrarily fuck Giant Bomb over when CBSi decides they're done with GameSpot

LiK

Gamespot seems not interested in producing original content anymore. Just hire some people for reviews and somebody who puts up trailers.

Edit: Alex is a good twitterer...tweeter...twitteer?

I'm worried about GS. How can they keep going when people keep leaving?

I need to play this.

Feel like i might be too close to Persona 5 and might JRPG myself out but damn I really want to play this.

hah, i actually played it sooner cuz it was a nice game to play while i wait for P5.

that leaves us with, uh

um

anyone else worried they arbitrarily fuck Giant Bomb over when CBSi decides they're done with GameSpot

I actually see this as a good thing for GB. It could be that CBSi see them as the personality gaming site and just fill gamespot with clickhounds.

Dunno. Feels like that to me given GB getting extra staff.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm worried about GS. How can they keep going when people keep leaving?

I have no idea how GS works, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they just hired like 5 random people to write Game of Thrones synopsis and post trailers and press releases. And maybe some hot memes. All under the name "Gamespot Staff" because nobody is supposed to care who wrote what.

that leaves us with, uh

um

Sometimes I get the impression that you don't like UPF.

I actually see this as a good thing for GB. It could be that CBSi see them as the personality gaming site and just fill gamespot with clickhounds.

Dunno. Feels like that to me given GB getting extra staff.

It's probably really irrational, but for some reason I can see them going "eh, I think we're done with this Video Games thing" and pulling the plug on both sites.

MG310

Felt like playing some Rock Band after the Christmas stream and finally picked up 4 for cheap.

Holy shit this import process is rough.

I have the 3 main games, Lego, AC/DC, and nearly all of the disc track packs to bring in plus going through the list of individual songs to see which ones I had already purchased.

Looking at Nick Robinson's feed and replies, dude's on a Shkreli-level of defending himself whenever anyone disagrees with him. This twenty hour anime rant deserves some kind of 'passive aggressive rhetoric of the year' award. Like, even though he has a point about wanting to pay someone and them rejecting the money, or the baffling lack of simulcasting, I'm drowning in smug defensiveness reading the way it's framed.

CoolGames Inc. is solid usually, though.

Felt like playing some Rock Band after the Christmas stream and finally picked up 4 for cheap.

Holy shit this import process is rough.

I have the 3 main games, Lego, AC/DC, and nearly all of the disc track packs to bring in plus going through the list of individual songs to see which ones I had already purchased.

I ended up getting a PC copy of Guitar Hero III a few weeks ago, and it's amazing. If you want to play every single song released in the entire series (DLCs, retail games, etc) plus the first three Rock Bands and a bunch of its DLC, that's a pretty good way of doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom