• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew's reaction to that speech at the end is priceless.

It's true, Trump is a Metal Gear villain.

I was just coming in here to post this. It's kinda surreal watching this now, 4 years later.

Also the line after the chapter of "Hey, at least Armstrong will never be president" is just...man.

weird how Jeff was pretty quick with the "just confirming that Danny isn't coming to Giant Bomb" after he left, but then here he's all "I’m never going to have anything to say on this topic beyond 'stop asking me about this.'"

too lazy to look up the thinking emoji

Tubobutts

I hate tumblr, how can I see what year that post was from? I mean I assume it's the same year that Dan was coming over but it's super frustrating that the info is obscured, or I'm totally missing it.
I didn't know how to find out the year and somehow ended up here which said it was 2014.

Zekes!

Watching Brad play the original Dead Rising on his Extra Life stream makes me want to check that game out.

I wasn't really into it when it came out and have ignored the series since, but the original has an old Japanese action game quality to it that you just don't get anymore. I think more recently Let it Die channels a similar vibe. I'll have to remember to grab it next time I see it on sale on PSN

LiK

Watching Brad play the original Dead Rising on his Extra Life stream makes me want to check that game out.

I wasn't really into it when it came out and have ignored the series since, but the original has an old Japanese action game quality to it that you just don't get anymore. I think more recently Let it Die channels a similar vibe. I'll have to remember to grab it next time I see it on sale on PSN

Capcom games tend to go on sale often so I'm waiting for that too.

kai3345

Banned

Dead Rising 1 and 2 are some of the best games ever made

Meguro

Banned
It's kinda telling that the only upcoming pieces of premium content on the schedule are GBeast joints.
And that MGR is a Dan feature.

Ketch

Mario party party
Demo derby
MGScanlon
Ranking of Fighters
Shenmue ER
Hitman

Has there been a new series since Dan and Jason came on that either Dan or Jason weren't the instigators?

Besides stuff from GBeast, the only thing I can think of is VRodeo.

Mr. F

Banned
I'm just getting into the GOTY podcasts. Alex is insufferable, he's ruining all the podcasts for me.

Alex saved it, it was one of the worst years in recent memory when it came to people actually having played anything enough to talk about in detail.

Watching Mary play Yakuza on UPF, I'm super excited to see Dan/Alex play it. I hope Vinny is there for some stuff too, I think he would freaking love it.

repeater

People who think Mary isn't going to GB clearly aren't paying attention. Look at her announcement again:

l4ZFMWl.png
Some of you guys are saying "It wouldn't make sense for her to call working at GB 'a new dream' -- it's so similar to working at Gamespot!". You're reading this wrong. Clearly the emphasis should be on "my". She is implying that working at Gamespot has been HER dream, but she's been reading this thread and noticing that her working at GB is OUR dream.
So I'd say this is basically confirmed now.

I'm rewatching the Puyo Puyo QL...

I forgot about the TE-TU-RIS drop kicking fish haha
FISH STILL UNDEFEATED

derFeef

I am not that familar with Mary but I liked her when she was with the duders, they have good chemistry. I don't think it's happening though.

I hope Mary ends up somewhere good. Unfortunately it won't be at GB, so it will be hard for me to follow her really. I thought I'd start visiting Waypoint with Patrick, Danielle and Austin there but... nope.

She's one of the few good female journalists/personalities/enthusiasts in the industry.

Her and Danny teaming up would be the dream team but not sure if that would be feasible or likely.

I wonder if she's going to try and be a twitch streamer

Why? That would be a big step backwards for her surely.

Plus she's not the type to play up to her looks, which I feel is what you need to do to be a successful female on Twitch.

Meneses

If Mary goes to Waypoint I wish her all the luck in the world but I will follow her as much as I did when she was at Gamespot, which is not at all.

Meneses

Well, I had zero interest in the Switch but if the leak about a
Fire Emblem Radiant collection
turns out to be true, I guess i'm there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom