• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
ZDTUXIh.gif

That's disappointing to hear unless all you've seen is the main area of Heksville. I would be playing it except Walmart has started date restricting sales at the register. They had the game out on shelves but the register refused to ring it up.

The wait is long and hard.

Oh I don't even think I'm at heksville yet.

Still in the tutorials, but the tutorial is super long. Set up in a fun way, but not a great help for someone who just finished through the first one not too long ago.

Oh I don't even think I'm at heksville yet.

Still in the tutorials, but the tutorial is super long. Set up in a fun way, but not a great help for someone who just finished through the first one not too long ago.

Yea they seemingly made the conscious decision to make the tutorial for people who have never played the first game.

popo

Final stage of GB interview process is playing Brad 1 on 1 at a range of multiplayer games. If you don't lose (or are at least smart enough to throw the match convincingly) you are out.

Mupod

Final stage of GB interview process is playing Brad 1 on 1 at a range of multiplayer games. If you don't lose (or are at least smart enough to throw the match convincingly) you are out.

so you're saying that the new hire is DarksydePhil?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I really appreciate how Alex tries to bring the focus back on the game in this QL. Of course than he made the mistake of mentioning Schroedinger. Rookie's mistake, really.

I really like Greg Miller so I wish I had interest in Kinda Funny but Colin puts me off massively and I have pretty much no idea about the other dudes involved.

I find Greg just okay - as long as he keeps his god damn shirt on.
However, his cronies are terrible.I don't give a shit if you went to Northeastern. I worked there for a year. It was awful. Most of the students there are pretentious assholes - but then again, this is a new england liberal arts college we are talking about.

I'm a new england native asshole by the way, who attended a new england liberal arts college.

Applebite

I know this isn't a Waypoint thread, but, I was initially excited about it.

Watched the 72 hour stream (or a lot of it). Since then, unsub'd from the podcast, unfollowed the Twitter because it's ridiculous, still follow Patrick and Austin just to keep an eye on things, but, the site may as well not exist and they may as well just be Twitter bots.

I think I decided I don't really like Danielle and their official social media.
I agree with this almost word for word. I went on their site just now and there was some cool stuff on the frontpage, but man was following their social media annoying. I listened to some of their podcasts a couple of weeks ago and actually did like parts of it (the detailed responses to listener questions in particular), but also felt it was a little rough. Still, it is a brand new site, so maybe they just need to find their footing. I think they're at their best when they get in detailed discussions of games or the industry. The fanfiction stuff.. Not really my speed.

Xater

"Look it up Dan!" Should be the immediate response to any dumb question from now in.

I do really appreciate Alex trying to keep this on track.

Meneses

I don't like Waypoint at all but at least they seem to be trying to be their own thing, there's already 50 bajillion outlets talking about games and industry news.

You're really testing my resolve with these videos. I really shouldn't spend the money, but Yakuza 0 looks so good.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=24267 (you can change the currency in the top right corner, under the search bar)

Look at the cool stainless steel card holder!

Yakuza-0glam.jpg

Whatever games you had the intention of buying soon, put one on hold, buy Yakuza 0 instead, and then after a couple of paychecks, buy that other game when it's safe!

See! Easy-peasy! :)

Don't buy it if you can't afford it. Seriously. There are more essential things than video games.

Jeff talked to the wrong people about Lego city undercover

Historically, Jeff doesn't like LEGO games, so it's no surprise that he didn't like LEGO City Undercover. It's got a better story, but the gameplay loop is pretty much the same. Things didn't really change in those games until recently with The Force Awakens.

LiK

Undercover is legit underrated and probably one of the better Lego games. Glad it's getting a second chance.

p2535748

I find Greg just okay - as long as he keeps his god damn shirt on.
However, his cronies are terrible.I don't give a shit if you went to Northeastern. I worked there for a year. It was awful. Most of the students there are pretentious assholes - but then again, this is a new england liberal arts college we are talking about.

I'm a new england native asshole by the way, who attended a new england liberal arts college.

This is so true. As someone who grew up in a New England college town, had a parent who was a professor at a liberal arts college, and had both parents and three siblings go to small New England liberal arts colleges, boy can those people be up their own ass.

My parents have numerous friends that were essentially outcasts in our town because they weren't academics/had blue collar jobs.

TraBuch

Banned
Was there a Mixlr stream a month or two ago that was basically an episode of the Powerbombcast? Think Alex was on there and it featured lots of wrestling talk. Think someone mentioned that on a previous thread and I meant to listen to it but lost track of the date.

Mr. F

Banned

Probably from knowing a lot of super quirky(TM) people in high school who were very excited to tell you how unique being polytheistic was.

Hey mam im pretty sure theres someone here who believes in hercules and kratos pls stop

srry

Jeff talked to the wrong people about Lego city undercover

That's the GB defacto line about any game they weren't nuts over, tho. On the flip side, see; "_____ was better than it had any right to be"

jaina

Was there a Mixlr stream a month or two ago that was basically an episode of the Powerbombcast? Think Alex was on there and it featured lots of wrestling talk. Think someone mentioned that on a previous thread and I meant to listen to it but lost track of the date.
It probably was the jefflrs during the GOTY recordings. Alex and Jeff on their way to/from SF everyday.

I really like Greg Miller so I wish I had interest in Kinda Funny but Colin puts me off massively and I have pretty much no idea about the other dudes involved.

This is so true. As someone who grew up in a New England college town, had a parent who was a professor at a liberal arts college, and had both parents and three siblings go to small New England liberal arts colleges, boy can those people be up their own ass.

My parents have numerous friends that were essentially outcasts in our town because they weren't academics/had blue collar jobs.

I've been here all my life. I'm not going anywhere. I can accept the fact that I'm an asshole.

p2535748

I've been here all my life. I'm not going anywhere. I can accept the fact that I'm an asshole.

Oh, I still live in Massachusetts, so I still qualify as an asshole. I just moved out of that super insular college town.

I'll also say there's a bunch of awesome things about those towns/schools, it's just that sometimes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom