• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

Yep. That's how it should have ended. They're showing obvious improvements, though. I expect the next time is the run.

They still have two levels to go though, unless you meant that next time they'd beat that stage. I think they have the first 4 levels pretty down pat but the snow and energy zone will always be precarious and could easily cost them a continue on the way to 7 and 8.

Xater

Yeah I know people who call it the best controller of the current generation or even ever and Jeff basically said it's shit. What is it? I've never used one.

It's a really good controller. I played hundreds of hours of Monster Hunter with it. Jeff is just a crazy person when it comes to this thing.

Yeah I know people who call it the best controller of the current generation or even ever and Jeff basically said it's shit. What is it? I've never used one.

Pro controller is really good. Not as good as Xbox One Elite, but a bit better than the DualShock 4. We are really living in the golden age of the controller, though, they're all great.

Zaph

The WiiU Pro controller's right stick is above the buttons. It's above the buttons.

What were they thinking? Glad they came to their senses with the Switch.

Sticks in the wrong position.
I tried playing Blops 2 with it, and just couldn't figure it out.
I never realized how important having a stick below buttons was until that.

The WiiU Pro controller's right stick is above the buttons. It's above the buttons.

Preach it, brother!

yup

edit: not too long ago, someone complained that the video player was not offering the "fill browser" option anymore. I just saw that it's been added, alongside "embiggen". :)

Mupod

Jeff is super wrong about things sometimes, like EDF for example. It's an awesome controller, I prefer its stick placement over the DS4 but maybe not over the Xbox setup. Buttons and d-pad are great. I'd use it on PC if it wasn't a pain in the ass to do so.

Also an 80+ hour battery might not be a big selling point for some people but when you use it to play a Monster Hunter game it's essential.

It's the best controller for the Wii U. It's the worst controller for the 3 platforms. I finding it just not as good as a Xbox One controller, or a PS4 controller. But for the Wii U its hands down better than the gamepad.

popo

I named an old Cat of mine Schrodinger. Sadly he ran away from home a few years ago. I never saw him again after that. No one I ask knows what happen to him.

He ran away from you because you are terrible. I know someone who named her cat 'mandoo and you are tied for worst pet owner.

you guys should all meet up

This girl I know just texted me and invited me to an orgy ...

Morts

It was jarring at first but it took me roughly twenty minutes to get used to. I love that controller.

Xater

Really doesn't matter. It never bothered me. You move your thumb between buttons and stick all the time, so it really doesn't change a thing.

Mr. F

Banned
It's weird they wouldn't have stuck to their guns on stick placement considering that would have solved the awkwardness people mentioned when holding the right JoyCon

Curufinwe

I dunno, but it's not a knock on it compared to the WiiU tbalet.

wii-u-controller.jpg

It's weird they wouldn't have stuck to their guns on stick placement considering that would have solved the awkwardness people mentioned when holding the right JoyCon

But then that wouldn't work when using the Joy-Con on its own. It would essentially be mirrored, with the stick on the right of the buttons, not on the left. And you couldn't flip it around, unless the shoulder buttons were on the exterior of the Joy-Con when docked with the Switch.

Dany

Banned
You don't quit your job from CBS to transfer to another job at CBS. That isn't how you transfer within a company lol

Zaph

I dunno, but it's not a knock on it compared to the WiiU tbalet.

[IMG ]http://images.fastcompany.com/upload/wii-u-controller.jpg[/IMG]

Oh yeah, the tablet is terrible too, but I had to shut down the Pro controller praise.

It's all bad and if it was good Nintendo wouldn't be switching it up.

Mr. F

Banned
But then that wouldn't work when using the Joy-Con on its own. It would essentially be mirrored, with the stick on the right of the buttons, not on the left. And you couldn't flip it around, unless the shoulder buttons were on the exterior of the Joy-Con when docked with the Switch.

Oh *snap* you're right.

The SHSHGAHWGSV-R and LLAKSWVSU.2-L buttons totally slipped my mind.

LiK

The main problem with Wii U Pro controller was it's glossy shit. Getting sweaty hands while playing Bayo 2 didn't feel great. Is the Switch Pro matte?

Megasoum

Banned
Man, if anyone here has No Limits 2 (a PC roller coaster simulator) on Steam, you owe it to yourself to check out the Twilight Zone roller coaster someone made in Steam Workshop. That thing is phenomenal with all the sounds, scripting, effects, etc. The ride itself is great, too. A neat plus (if you have Vive or Rift (or know how to get PSVR on PC), you can play No Limits 2 in VR.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=841419094

Wow just watched the video.... Great stuff

Mr. F

Banned
Man, if anyone here has No Limits 2 (a PC roller coaster simulator) on Steam, you owe it to yourself to check out the Twilight Zone roller coaster someone made in Steam Workshop. That thing is phenomenal with all the sounds, scripting, effects, etc. The ride itself is great, too. A neat plus (if you have Vive or Rift (or know how to get PSVR on PC), you can play No Limits 2 in VR.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=841419094

Just missing a segment where it gets torn down and replaced with a Marvel ride. :(

That was super well done. Kudos to the guy that got the narrator from the actual ride, that's some commitment.

Just missing a segment where it gets torn down and replaced with a Marvel ride. :(

That was super well done. Kudos to the guy that got the narrator from the actual ride, that's some commitment.

Yeah. Apparently it was a Kickstarter that the guy made for this ride. The voice was labeled as the authentic Twilight Zone voice. By authentic, I assume that means it's the voice of the Disney rides, as Rod Serling has been dead for about 42 years.

Jintor

Thanks Lik
Just got my Ph.D. this past year (Developmental Psychology)
Teach intro psych, adult development ,and child development.

Doesn't pay much but you can't beat the lifestyle afforded by staying in college your entire life.

Currently sitting in office waiting for this contra stream to start while fiddling with powerpoints

Maybe I should try and work my way back into academia because fuuuuuuuck my job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom