• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
GLLuex1.png

What do I doooooo?

HELLL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

fll4lm9qhkuq.gif

THIS IS THE RUN!

How scary is it?

I've played alot of survival horror games and this one is not that scary but it's incredibly atmospheric and creepy all the way through. I think the first half of the game is definitely stronger in that sense than the latter because by then you'll have quite the arsenal. The sense of progression in this game is damn good, if there is one thing I miss is the score which is really sedated here because everything is more or less realistic I guess?

Honestly, I don't see the reason for this being a Resident Evil game because they could have easily made it into an entirely new IP. The connections made to the previous games are really not that strong, it feels like a spin off honestly. Having said that though, it's alot of fun and the pacing of the game is strong.

Meguro

Banned
I hope they do something completely different and unexpected.
Don't want it to just turn into the "play hard NES games" feature.

Teddified

I hope they do something completely different and unexpected.
Don't want it to just turn into the "play hard NES games" feature.

It probably needs to be a game that can be beat in an hour or so, and also where you have to basically start at the beginning when it's over.

popo

So Dan had no issues with PSVR at his home and it was the same unit from San Francisco. Good thing I was sitting down when I heard that bit of shocking news.

Clearly not a hardware issue - but I mean, the SF guys were not lying when they said they could not get it to work consistently. I wonder what the issue was.

It probably needs to be a game that can be beat in an hour or so, and also where you have to basically start at the beginning when it's over.

True. Modern games are rarely anywhere near that short and mostly ship with some form of saving or check pointing. Even a 16bit audience was calling bullshit by then. Maybe some of the SEGA arcade ports on dreamcast?

Santar

That was the Run! Amazing episode!
Wonder what game they'll do next, it'll have to be something difficult with support for two players I guess. If it's too easy like many suggestions here it won't fit well for this series.
Hmm, Double Dragon 3 on the NES? That's pretty tough and with two player suppor,t but maaaybe not long enough?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
That was the Run, an amazing episode!
Wonder what game they'll do next, it'll have to be something difficult with support for two players I guess. If it's too easy like many suggestions here it won't fit well for this series.
Hmm, Double Dragon 3 on the NES? That's pretty hard and with two player support but maybe not long and hard enough?

Double Dragon with Friendly Fire would be pretty funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom