• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone, for some reason, did call in to praise Trump (or had various other opposing viewpoints), then I think hanging up is bad form. Talk to the person, have sensible dialogue, explain why is misguided. Maybe give the conversation 5 minutes and then move on. I think shutting something like that down straight away is a bad way to deal with things. Unless the person goes on a expletive, racial tirade, give the person a time to see where they stand. See how big of a hole they dig for themselves.

justjim89

People like Super Bunnyhop, Errant Signal, and Noah Gervais are probably my favorite means of games coverage. They dive deeper into criticism and analysis of games in a way I'm not sure the Giant Bomb guys are even capable of at this point.

If someone, for some reason, did call in to praise Trump (or had various other opposing viewpoints), then I think hanging up is bad form. Talk to the person, have sensible dialogue, explain why is misguided. Maybe give the conversation 5 minutes and then move on. I think shutting something like that down straight away is a bad way to deal with things. Unless the person goes on a expletive, racial tirade, give the person a bit. See how big of a hole they dig for themselves.

They hang up on every caller after they ask their question, though, so why would they change that just for bigots?

robotrock

Banned
If someone, for some reason, did call in to praise Trump (or had various other opposing viewpoints), then I think hanging up is bad form. Talk to the person, have sensible dialogue, explain why is misguided. Maybe give the conversation 5 minutes and then move on. I think shutting something like that down straight away is a bad way to deal with things. Unless the person goes on a expletive, racial tirade, give the person a bit. See how big of a hole they dig for themselves.

They hang up on everyone, and then discuss the topic for a bit on their own. best way to go about it rather than some guy saying "trump good and you're wrong!" every 30 seconds while they're talking

I'm a lot like Brad in that the past year YouTube has become really big for me. I have YouTube Red and all that, too. I don't want too much gaming stuff other than Giant Bomb, but I like watching some of the maker community do their stuff.

Recently, I've been watching a lot of cooking shows, mostly Korean and French cooking. I've also been learning a lot about a new piece of software that I'm using, so I've been learning a lot about that through a couple of channels.

They hang up on every caller after they ask their question, though, so why would they change that just for bigots?

I have no idea how they handle calls usually so maybe my post was a bit off base. The main point of my post was to not change their ways because someone calls in with a harsley different view point. Deal with it the same way. If the usual way is to hang up after the person asks a question, then do so, maybe talk about why the person's ideas are somewhat misguided.

If someone calls in saying "I want to talk about the positive side of Trump" or "I want to talk about why Gamergate is good," then let them say what they want (as long as they are not in complete 'hate speak' mode), and then talk about it a bit after.

So, basically I'd like them to confront the potential idiocy rather than hide from it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I think I cut my Youtube list in half in the last couple of months cause I wasn't interested in a lot of stuff and didn't have the time to watch it all anyway.

Xeteh

People like Super Bunnyhop, Errant Signal, and Noah Gervais are probably my favorite means of games coverage. They dive deeper into criticism and analysis of games in a way I'm not sure the Giant Bomb guys are even capable of at this point.

When have they ever tried to? They barely review games these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom