• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
vypZTB5.gif

Old Dan was sitting and waiting for the right moment

I feel like Dan thinks everything in Nathan for You is completely real and not staged in the slightest.

I feel a lot of people think that about any reality show. I remember once there was a YouTube video where someone pointed out all the staged moments of Jersey Shore (the video showed a slip-up where a director was on screen for a split-second telling one of the "stars" to do something particular). I showed it to someone who was a big fan of the show and they refused to believe it.

Phediuk

Listening to the 3/4/2008 podcast right now.

Remember when EA buying Take-Two seemed like a sure thing? Like, the guys are talking about it like it already happened. 2008 was a weird time.

komplanen

I think I'm going to watch the first Metal Gear Scanlon again. I wonder if team SF is going to ever do anything cool like that any more.

In 10 years there's only GBeast left.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Dumb question, but can't listen to find the answer right now, what is the email for the beastcast questions?

Lunar FC

I think I'm going to watch the first Metal Gear Scanlon again. I wonder if team SF is going to ever do anything cool like that any more.

In 10 years there's only GBeast left.

More like 1 year, all good west premium features involved Dan. Shite's done.

Mr. F

Banned
I'm hoping they do more cross-coast quick looks and live shows this year, it feels like they've pretty much figured it out on the technical end of things.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the stream on a delay... It's great but two things

1-Holy shit Dan, you have a horse... Use it!
2-Those new lights are way too bright... Everything is super washed out.

Mupod

Huh. That's so weird since last E3 we got another video of devs sitting at computers instead of anything of real substance.

on the other hand, I kinda like this approach rather than 'let's show the entire damn game in trailers'. ME2 is actually the reason I stopped paying attention to pre-release coverage of games. I had no self control with that one and I regret it.

on the other hand, I kinda like this approach rather than 'let's show the entire damn game in trailers'. ME2 is actually the reason I stopped paying attention to pre-release coverage of games. I had no self control with that one and I regret it.

I totally agree. Ideally I like games to be announced within 6 months of their release. Obviously that's not reasonable for many reasons, but it would be nice.

Phediuk

At the end of the 3/4/2008 podcast, the crew reflect on the best downloadable games.

Remember when things like Uno and N+ were the star games of XBLA?

LiK

At the end of the 3/4/2008 podcast, the crew reflect on the best downloadable games.

Remember when things like Uno and N+ were the star games of XBLA?

Uno was where I saw a guy post a phone video of his GF giving him a blowjob. Not even joking.

Uno was where I saw a guy post a phone video of his GF giving him a blowjob. Not even joking.

I saw guns, people snorting cocaine and a girl flashing her tits. In Burnout Paradise, I took down someone only to be greeted with a picture of his ass.(Before Kinect, MS had the Xbox Vision camera and in BP, when you take down someone it automatically takes a picture of their reaction if they have it hooked up. )

kai3345

Banned
i remember when I first heard of giant bomb, I was just listening to their podcast and had never been to the site. the only reference I had for what the guys looked like was the itunes podcast album art and occasionally seeing a picture here or there. I remember trying to guess which voice belonged to which duder. I got Ryan and Vinny right, but I remember it being a real shock when I first went to the site and actually saw Brad's voice come out of his mouth.

2005882-bombcast.png

FStop7

Banned
The ISO standard is that Monday is the start of the week.

In the USA and Canada Sunday is the start of the week.

No idea why. Doesn't make sense to me. Sunday is the seventh day, the day of rest. End of the week.

Phediuk

At the very end of the 3/4/2008 episode, the crew discuss Cap'n Crunch and Jeff interjects that it looks like a bunch of flattened barrels, and notes that the Donkey Kong cereal was actual barrels.

we're just going around in a circle with this shit.

Zornack

If anyone in the known world had ever said the word "weekends" when refereeing to one weekend then I might agree with you.

jaina

At the very end of the 3/4/2008 episode, the crew discuss Cap'n Crunch and Jeff interjects that it looks like a bunch of flattened barrels, and notes that the Donkey Kong cereal was actual barrels.

we're just going around in a circle with this shit.
haha this is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom