• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

People have always been thirsty as fuck. There was a time when people who wanted to fuck Sonic the Hedgehog were the scariest people on the internet. Then, the Alt Right/Neo Nazi movement happened, and the Sonic fans seem a lot less scary, so people are a bit more forward with their thirst online

OT has taught me that.

It's the culture at Vice.

fits the name.

daveo42

Banned
I exclude Patrick and Austin. They know better. I'm talking about the other writers.

raw

Bacon

Watching Danny play Ocarina of Time continues to blow my mind. He died like four times in Dodongo's Cavern!

I remember that boss giving me so much trouble when I was a kid. It's funny thinking back on it now since I can basically play through that game with my eyes closed. I often wonder what would give me trouble if I played that game for the first time today.

I remember that boss giving me so much trouble when I was a kid. It's funny thinking back on it now since I can basically play through that game with my eyes closed. I often wonder what would give me trouble if I played that game for the first time today.

Oh he hasn't reached the boss yet.

Chuck

Still without luck
Is the GB community going to similar flip out regarding Japan being referred to as the 'east' like the EZA community did?

daveo42

Banned
I spent the past 15 minutes looking at Sonic original characters on Deviant Art.

Someone said that my listening to Sugar Ray was the result of bad life decisions. I'm inclined to agree with them.

At least you admit to your poor life decisions and where they have lead you.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
no they didn't
Well...
Innkeeper: "Ahem... Long ago, in a valley far away, lived a girl. She was a true princess, sorceress and witcheress..."

Geralt: "All three? Isn't that a bit much?"

Innkeeper: "Don't interrupt. You want to hear the story or not?"

Geralt: "I won't interrupt again."

Innkeeper: "A story about destiny might prove useful, witcher.

She was born a princess who wanted for nothing, had loving parents and a grandmother who was a great queen. She lived in palaces guarded by hundreds of knights. Everyone thought she'd become a powerful queen. But fate had other plans. Her parents died. Enemies butchered her grandmother and took the kingdom. Still, the princess survived. Her fate became bound to one particular witcher. She gained a new family at Kaer Morhen, the hold of the witchers. She learned to fight. Yet destiny once again made noise.

The lass had magical talent. She was a source. The witchers afeared the uncontrolled power of a source and needed a sorceress to assist them. She studied arcane magic. The sorceress loved a witcher and the two adopted the girl. She was truly happy and could have become a powerful sorceress...

But war broke out and fate separated the family. Aggrieved, the lass disawoved magic and became a huntress, learning to love killing. Death followed her - everyone she'd loved had died. Only the witcher and the sorceress denied Death's calling. Fate cast her to foreign shores, yet she returned. The worst assassin tailed her, yet she emerged victorious. Agents of all kingdoms pursued her, yet none caught her.

When she killed all her enemies and peace descended upon the world, she rejoined the witcher and sorceress, only to have destiny sneer at her again."

Geralt: "What happened?"

Innkeeper: "A peasant unskilled in arms killed the witcher. The sorceress died trying to revive him. The girl could do nothing for she'd disawoved magic. So the princess who would not rule, the witcheress who fought humans, and the sorceress who cast no spells used her power as a means to leave this world."

Geralt: "I sense you haven't told all."

Innkeeper: "All but one. Her name was Cirilla. What's that matter?"

Maybe not in the legal sense in Witcher 3 (I'm not even sure about that), but emotionally absolutely.

edit: Just looked it up and the official guide calls her "Geralt's adopted daughter" several times.

Mupod

Ben called his Japan trip video log thing "tales from the east" and had to change it "tales from japan" after people incorrectly took aversion to "east"

I realize there is no limit to the depths of internet stupidity but someone complaining about giant bomb east doing that would be pushing it.

LiK

Ben called his Japan trip video log thing "tales from the east" and had to change it "tales from japan" after people incorrectly took aversion to "east"

seriously? i'm Asian and that's not even offensive to me at all. whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom