• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

Gonna wait for the archive, but what's so bad about today's UPF?

It's picking up, but they started like 20 minutes late, played around with the framemeister menus for around 15 until they reset it and it died. Then they tried to play the rhythm game that Nick brought and that wasn't working either. At the same time, the audio and chat both died.

Gonna wait for the archive, but what's so bad about today's UPF?
Nothing is working, took them like an hour to get a game actually running, audio is cutting in and out intermittently (which is great because Nick's game is a rhythm game). 75% of it is Jeff and Nick trying to fill time.

I don't understand the thinking of "let's change our setup and test it live on a premium stream 2 hours before the work week is done" I feel like it would be smarter to have been testing this stuff during the week, with just test streams (like last week) so that they could actually test and get feedback and troubleshoot. You know they'll leave and not come back till Tuesday... just seems like a very weird way to test stuff.

I don't understand the thinking of "let's change our setup and test it live on a premium stream 2 hours before the work week is done" I feel like it would be smarter to have been testing this stuff during the week, with just test streams (like last week) so that they could actually test and get feedback and troubleshoot. You know they'll leave and not come back till Tuesday... just seems like a very weird way to test stuff.

I spent the past half hour trying to get the stream going on mobile and it was terrible. Ended up quitting because UPF isn't worth it.

Meanwhile, it'd be working immediately if it were a free stream on YouTube.

But then that would be professional. And I wouldn't be getting my promised content.

hamchan

At this point, we should split GBGaf into East and West. I'm fine with West, I prefer whichever coast Dan isn't on. Even with all the tech issues going on right now, this is already a better UPF than the last couple weeks.

GBGaf West will just be tumbleweeds and GBGaf East will be non-stop fun parties.

EcmE1Fw.png

2916988-cp_beastintheeast_01312017.00_05_41_38.still001.jpg

cool, feel free explain to me how 45 minutes of watching people struggle to make conversation while they unfuck a studio is riveting entertainment

Haha I'm only half kidding but the general GB West sucks vibe lately bums me out.

I do agree this show is completely unprofessional god damn it!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Haha I'm only half kidding but the general GB West sucks vibe lately bums me out.

I do agree this show is completely unprofessional god damn it!

Tbh this thread has been pretty uppity over anything GBwest for weeks and streams like this very much feed into the often exaggerated shit flinging against them in here. I do hope they can "up their game" so to say later on in the year if they get a new hire and maybe start up some new video series and get familiar with their new tech (which will probably be the first thing that will be fixed).

I say this as a guy who likes Gbeast a whole lot more than west too.

"a billion times out of a billion" he says as he lines up at the UPF trough

mostly kidding but it sounds like there couldn't have been a worse week for Sleeping Lesson to have said that shit

So far in Yakuza Zero.....
  • I might have been framed for murder
  • I am trying to unravel a organised crime / real estate conspiracy.
  • I shut down a schoolgirl used underwear selling racket.
  • I tracked down a kids stolen video game, his dad stole it from someone who stole it from his own kid. HE THEN SHOT ME when I tried to steal it back. But its OK, we made up and he is going to be a good dad now.
  • I was the producer of a TV show
  • And I played OutRun so good the lady at the arcade talked to me.

Yakuza Zero is a OK video game.

Also I echo what they said on the Bombcast. Dont look up anything to do with the first Yakuza game if you want to avoid spoilers. I kinda wish I didnt. I guess the game was made with people knowing that stuff already since it was a prequel but ya know... I think maybe it would be better if I didnt know what I read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom