• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giganteus

Weird how they canned the Powerbombcast because they don't want to do something out of obligation and no interest but then they- yeah fuck you this post is about UPF so what
To be fair, they can still do all sorts of different things to occasionally reignite UPF, and with that, their souls.

What does talking about garbage give you? There's no hope, no future there.

UPF is unwatchable for me if I use HTML5 on Auto, have had to go to Progressive High, wonder if that's a result of the 1080p nonsense.

Oh well it looks alright at this setting. Jeff's main shot looks a little toooooo zooooooomed in though.

Seriously though, I hope them doing a call-in show last week is a sign that they're looking to mix things up with their Friday streams. I don't want them just doing call-in shows every once in a while, but it's a step in the right direction.

And I still don't buy the excuse that UPF is their flagship show and changing it up would hurt the viewer count, since you could probably stream anything on Fridays at 3 and retain that audience.

Hey guys, is it me or is the bitrate from the bombcast fluctuating or something? Quality is bad in some parts.

This week's episode had some audio issues, as Jeff pointed out on Twitter.

Snagret

And I still don't buy the excuse that UPF is their flagship show and changing it up would hurt the viewer count, since you could probably stream anything on Fridays at 3 and retain that audience.
Totally. I mean, if anything UPF is proof that they could literally do whatever during that prime slot and get viewers. Might as well make it interesting to watch. I don't see anything about UPF that's so inherent to the format that they couldn't change it up and make it something more fun to watch and, more crucially, more fun to participate in (they look seriously bored out of their minds sometimes, that's definitely my least favorite part of UPF).

Now that I think about it though, a lot of my complaints for UPF mirror my complaints for the Bombcast. I think the West office just needs some new blood, the non-Jeff/Brad members of the office are perfectly pleasant to listen to (they're all nice guys), but they aren't exactly the most energetic entertainers. They need a new Ryan, Vinny, or Dan. Someone who delights in subversion and making something entertaining, rather than just waiting for it to be and then reacting to that.

Peru

This week's style of UPF is basically what I want, some weird games, some old games played on original hardware. Usually won't check out call-in shows because people are terrible.

Meneses

I got significantly less hyped about horizon when they said that it's like far cry.

Same here.

The initial reveal was so cool, but eveything since then has progressively deflated my interest.

First, that video where they climbed one of those giant enemies that actually just works as a freaking Ubisoft Tower, and now hearing all the Far Cry comparisons...

At least it's third person, which earns back a couple points for me.

But this game went from, "day 1" to "maybe i'll rent it just to check it out".

Strax

I've been watching Fawlty Towers while waiting for Game Tapes and my mind drifted a little. How much are people in Amercia aware of British sitcoms like Fawlty Towers, 'allo 'allo and Blackadder?

Edit: lol at the American remake of Fawlty Towers, called Payne, starring John Larroquette as Royal Payne.

jeff and the old games

5788w0xdt.png

Place your bets

i like learning about the history of online games criticism now that i'm older, i didn't see much growing up cause i literally was 8 years old and all i cared about was if the score was higher than 9 so in a way i'm pretty similar to a lot of people on gaf still

did jeff cause any other giant shitfits with his reviews? (not the gamespot review controversy thing, i'm talking completely unjustified anger from nerds)

I enjoyed Jet Force MP with people.

Pokémon pinball is the shit.

I played a lot of Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. There was a MP mode, it was racing through levels. Link cable!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom