• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
2917085-os.jpg
Unprofessional Fridays: 02/03/2017
Our grand 1080p odyssey continues with former interns, Japanese rhythm games, and circuit boards.

Anjin M

Kinda bummed to hear the Powerbombcast is officially dead. I can't blame them if their interest is at an all-time low, but that was probably my favorite piece of premium content they did. It was always the highlight of my week and I'd listen to them multiple times over. There's been plenty good about wrestling lately and the Rumble was a great PPV.

Also, if they don't want to dedicate a full podcast to wrestling, what else would they do? Dan and Alex mentioned doing something else that would probably be premium, but what else is there to do if not a full podcast? A wrestling recap series?
You should have more faith in Dan. If anyone can figure out a new way to work wrestling into the site, it's him.

Now is as good a time as any. I'm taking a break from making the OPs for these threads. There are many more talented people who could do a better job. I only stepped in to avoid complete disasters. And after reading tonight's posts, I'm not really feeling it anymore.

We're probably a couple weeks from the next thread, so there's plenty of time to prepare.

Lunar FC

Anybody here listen to Big Sean's new album? Thoughts? I've been playing it all daysies.

Also, was UPF good? Had a shit day/week.

I still don't even know if I'll fill up my 1TB.

My plan (as it's always been if external drive support happened) is to use the external drive pretty much solely for my disc-based games. I currently have 40 PS4 games on Blu-Ray and that 4TB would be more than enough for them (I added up the required space needed for all of them and it came to near 1.5 TB worth, but that's before patches). I could probably get by with a 2TB, but I'd want that extra breathing room, as I also want all my PS+ games and purchased PSN games (and some free to play games) all downloaded. I'd definitely move PT over to the external drive.

I thought UPF was pretty good this week, I mean it was nearly unwatchable live but the archive turned out mostly okay. Nick Robinson is good people and I had no idea he was a GB intern at one point. Love the stuff he does on Polygon and he also introduced his brother, Porter, to electronic music with DDR, which is pretty huge to me 'cause I love that dude's music.

Nick has had some fun appearances in the past.

https://youtu.be/JsHlmuCYK5M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A4EfpTahg

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Do we have a link for that exact Sound Voltex controller? I think I only found other ones, but I'm not sure.

jaina

The UPF archive version is damn fine. Bit of Framemeister/tech issues messing, interesting rhythm game, Paper Mario TYD, Jeff showing P. Brown's busted "Denny's Atari".

Jintor

somehow brad managed to miss that the person putting out the contract on the latest sapienza target was the target in the main story mission. lol

he even says 'um' as the camera zooms in on caruso and then ignores it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait for the Yakuza stuff. Are all these GB'ers in it?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
had a feeling I remembered reading that somewhere. that's a shame, because Vinny is Vinny, but still, awesome to hear they're doing it

Weird how they canned the Powerbombcast because they don't want to do something out of obligation and no interest but then they- yeah fuck you this post is about UPF so what

Chumley

Banned
Tbh this thread has been pretty uppity over anything GBwest for weeks and streams like this very much feed into the often exaggerated shit flinging against them in here. I do hope they can "up their game" so to say later on in the year if they get a new hire and maybe start up some new video series and get familiar with their new tech (which will probably be the first thing that will be fixed).

I say this as a guy who likes Gbeast a whole lot more than west too.

I like both but I think Dan was basically completely integral to GBWest, losing him has IMO severely affected their energy and rhythm. The last few podcasts have just been deflated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom