• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

Alright

I finally listened to the original August 7th 2012 podcast and compared it to the one Ryan reuploaded, which is two minutes shorter. At 1:53:29, in the reuploaded podcast (the one currently available on the site), there is a subtle-but-not-so-subtle-if-you-pay-attention cut that happens inbetween the Mass Effect 3 talk and the Rise of the Triad talk.

In the original podcast, at 1:53:32, there is also a cut that happens, but it's clearly not edited. This is probably related to the technical difficulty that Ryan talks about a little later in the podcast. The guys are talking about Mass Effect 3, and then as Vinny is talking, you can hear an abrupt cut, and then the guys are talking about Sim City taking influence from Zynga's games.

So I think Ryan reuploaded the podcast simply to cut away that two-minute conversation because most of it had already been lost in the technical difficulty, in order to make a smoother transition.
Thanks for looking into this. I've always wondered what was up with that cut.

Got around to watching Romero's collection video.

prIsVd4.jpg

Romero has a pretty awesome collection of VG/miscellaneous history.

This got a chuckle out of me.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Got around to watching Romero's collection video.

Romero has a pretty awesome collection of VG/miscellaneous history.

This got a chuckle out of me.

Look at all those game tapes 😍😍😍😍😍😍

I do wish the guys (probably more West than East) would stream some of the games they mention they'd like to finally get around to playing. I'd love to see Brad play Paper Mario or Drew play Perfect Dark.

Santar

I was listening to the 03-31-2009 bombcast and Vinny was super into Resident Evil 5. He had completed it multiple times and really loved the replayability. Would be fun if they did a Load Our Last Save on it. Check up on that awesome magnum he worked so hard to unlock :D
Load Our Last Save was a fun series, that Ninja Gaiden episode was great!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I remember going on the internet and looking at Japanese screenshots of Ocarina of Time.

they were like SUPER small shots of Dodongo's Cavern and the Goron mountain

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Diddy Kong is cool. Another thing Jeff is wrong as fuck about.

But what do you expect from someone who thinks Striker and Kabal are cool

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I remember playing the shit out of Jet Force Gemini. That game was fucking rad, I don't care what anybody says. There is an ant-disco in the game and when you get there all the enemies don't care about you and you can just walk around and watch them dancing and having a good time.

I also never finished JFG because to get to the last boss you needed to collect all those fucking Tribals (those white bear-mouse things) which was infuriating cause the enemies could (and often would) kill them. Still a great game with tons of secrets.

Isn't there a new Hot Shots Golf for PS4 coming this year? Suppose to at least. Feels like it got announced years ago. Haven't heard anything about it in a long time.

They showed it at TGS. It's got fishing, MMO-ish multiplayer, driving golf carts, collecting coins around the golf resort, and I think some management/building aspect to it. Kind of just want a good golf game.

I remember playing the shit out of Jet Force Gemini. That game was fucking rad, I don't care what anybody says. There is an ant-disco in the game and when you get there all the enemies don't care about you and you can just walk around and watch them dancing and having a good time.

I also never finished JFG because to get to the last boss you needed to collect all those fucking Tribals (those white bear-mouse things) which was infuriating cause the enemies could (and often would) kill them. Still a great game with tons of secrets.

Yeah, I remember kind of liking JFG. Likewise I don't remember beating it. I do remember finding that room that had the arcade cabinets in it, they kind of reference it in the b-roll with on-rails segment with the pop-up any targets.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Game Tapes reminded me. I think 2001 is the best year in gaming ever and I'd easily put it up with 98 or 2007 or whatever it is those years people like to say are the best

GTA 3, THPS 3, Silent Hill 2, and Max Payne 1 in the same year

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I played a lot more 64 than PS1 but I also had two of my best friends in my neighborhood over all the time so ultimately if I was older and didn't have that, I likely would have played way more Ps1.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Horizon looks like a bog standard open world game the likes of Ubisoft would make to be honest.

Sony have dropped the ball with new IPs this gen. Mostly shite.

Yeah, I kinda agree. That T-Rex (or whatever it was) fight looks cool, but I wonder if it's still that cool if you have to do it again and again. Still really like the designs of the creatures tho.

hamchan

The GBA SP was so good. Heck, the entire line of GBA was good. A modified OG GBA with backlight might be the most comfortable handheld ever.

Also Blue Bombin' is a great series. Good dynamic of Dan and Vinny convos during most of it and then silence during serious time when Alex needs to concentrate.

Awesome new game tapes, Brad said probably 10 words through the entire video, but Jeff and Drew were clearly enjoying themselves. That World Cyber Games bit was incredible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Yakuza series is my second favorite series of all time but I couldn't imagine setting up something to go through all of them in any decent amount of time. I played them all as they came out and you definitely need that year or two breaks between them since they're all fairly similar in terms of layout and gameplay and city since you invest so many hours into each one.

Especially if you're doing all the substories and mini games which is where a lot of the goofier stuff is.

Wunder

Also once a week seems like a torturous schedule.

That's like, 1 game a year?

Yeah I feel like they'll reassess after they get done with 0. Also hope they don't feel obligated to rush through things since even just getting my feet wet with 0 there is a metric shit ton of things to do and experience.

I do wish the guys (probably more West than East) would stream some of the games they mention they'd like to finally get around to playing. I'd love to see Brad play Paper Mario or Drew play Perfect Dark.

https://youtu.be/xUHZK5ovSyA?t=626

Is a premium membership worth it if I watch giant bomb as I usually go to sleep before work? I'm catching up to youtube backlog and quick looks aren't doing anything for me.

Also, not enjoying dan over in NYC personally. I liked how he and Jeff interacted.

Yes, get a month if you just want to see if it is worth it. There are lots of things to watch.

Is a premium membership worth it if I watch giant bomb as I usually go to sleep before work? I'm catching up to youtube backlog and quick looks aren't doing anything for me.

Also, not enjoying dan over in NYC personally. I liked how he and Jeff interacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom