• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'll look back with my biomechanical eye installed at the back of my head.

Because you need to watch your back during the cyberpunk wars.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching Game Tapes and I think Gameboy Color might be my biggest blind spot in gaming despite owning one. All I ever played was the OG Gameboy Pokemons on it and some shitty licensed Bugs Life game

Tubobutts

I borrowed Oracle of Seasons from my friend shortly after it came out and I still have it.

Maybe that's why he stopped talking to me.

Are Alex and Dan going into Yakuza blind? Because they're in for a wild ride. idk how they're going to cover everything. I'm at 50 hours and I'm on Chapter 6 lol.

Phediuk

The SNES shooter they were trying to think of on the Bombcast is R2: Rendering Ranger. I was practically shouting the answer lol.

cool game.

bomma_man

What are you even talking about?

You are seeing what you want to see. Aumona shits on the previous game during the hype cycle for every new Zelda - TP's art was a direct response to the WW backlash, and SS's lineararity was what they took from the TP is big and empty criticisms. Your distinction between pre WW and post WW is totally in your head.

Chumley

Banned
You are seeing what you want to see. Aumona shits on the previous game during the hype cycle for every new Zelda - TP's art was a direct response to the WW backlash, and SS's lineararity was what they took from the TP is big and empty criticisms. Your distinction between pre WW and post WW is totally in your head.

I'm saying that Wind Waker is considered the last truly phenomenal 3D Zelda game by most people. TP and SS are thought of as pretty good to great depending on who you ask, but everyone loves WW. The art in BotW makes me think they want to recreate that magic, but I even said I could be wrong so I don't know what you're arguing about.

bomma_man

I'm saying that Wind Waker is considered the last truly phenomenal 3D Zelda game by most people. TP and SS are thought of as pretty good to great depending on who you ask, but everyone loves WW.

I don't think that's true? OoT is the last universally adored Zelda. Every game since has allienated some part of the fan base. Unless by "most people" you mean Jeff and brad.

Megasoum

Banned
I replayed WW when I got my WiiU and couldn't bother to finish it.

I think it's waaayyy overrated. The look and graphics are amazing but yes the dungeons are boring and super repetitive (you keep going back to the same 2-3 spots). The HD remake fixed some of the late game grinding crap but still.

Brashnir

Since we're talking about Zelda, I started playing Wind Waker HD on my Wii U. It's my first Zelda game. I mean, I did play about an hour of Ocarina of Time when it launched at a buddy's house, but I couldn't get into it, and I never touched Majora.

And holy shit. It. is. phenomenal.

Once I beat it, I'm going to play Twilight Princess and then Skyward Sword, before moving onto Breath of the Wild. Excited about playing through all these games. I've been wanting to play through them all for years now, but the time was never right and just couldn't feel it. But I did recently and happy I did.

I hope you have a couple days of your life to waste on meaningless nonsense. If you do, enjoy, I guess.

Skyward Sword is such a weird Zelda game. I never finished it but I found it interesting to see the bizarre, misguided ways in which they tried to differentiate it from the rest of the series.

I wish I'd played Zelda growing up. I've recently tried getting into the games and whilst ALBW was pretty neat, OoT just will not click with me.

I've been gone for a while, but I take it there are no weekly Bombcast threads anymore? Brad gone for a week and not ten minutes in the audio quality dips, heh. Peter Brown needs to make more appearances, he was great.

I wish Jason would stop doing that thing where he'll say something in a gasping way.

Tubobutts

ATxjiK7.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1340908&page=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom