• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium memberships are always worth it if you've never had one before. New content is a bit light but the backlog is enormous. If nothing else you can grab a month and download a bunch of old stuff you're interested in.

I wish the Misscliks' folk would not lock Mary Kish's streams behind a paywall on Twitch. I am sure they are nice people, but I found I do not enjoy the majority of their content other than Mary's Indie LP streams. I cannot bring myself to subscribe to view Mary's VODs when I know I will not watch anything else.

The videos used to be uploaded to the Miscliks Youtube channel, but none of the recent videos have not shown up.

Is a premium membership worth it if I watch giant bomb as I usually go to sleep before work? I'm catching up to youtube backlog and quick looks aren't doing anything for me.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202220435&postcount=34

Just to help you get started.

I wish the Misscliks' folk would not lock Mary Kish's streams behind a paywall on Twitch. I am sure they are nice people, but I found I do not enjoy the majority of their content other than Mary's Indie LP streams. I cannot bring myself to subscribe to view Mary's VODs when I know I will not watch anything else.

The videos used to be uploaded to the Miscliks Youtube channel, but none of the recent videos have not shown up.

if you have Amazon Prime you get one free sub a month.

TylerD

There's no way to manually set the quality other than that hidden bit rate override menu, which didn't work. I'll try and grab a Roku Ultra to see if this fixes my problem, cause I watch Giant Bomb stuff daily. Doing it in my front room is also getting my girlfriend into it.

Hey, let me know if that works for you. Same deal with my Roku 3. The video/audio sync gets way off first it was just GBeast content and now West is off too since they switched to 1080p. I think This is the Run 7 was the last video that played right for me from GBEast.

Jintor

That was some good shit.

Couldn't even be marred by Ryan slipping up significantly IRL since he immediately apologised, no bullshit about it.

1080p/60 will cause issues with some browsers or lower end hardware

I can stream it just fine in MPC, but Firefox melts when attempting to playback their youtube vids at 1080p/60

pizzacat

Banned
Is a premium membership worth it if I watch giant bomb as I usually go to sleep before work? I'm catching up to youtube backlog and quick looks aren't doing anything for me.

Also, not enjoying dan over in NYC personally. I liked how he and Jeff interacted.
Yeah especially since you can use premium east content to go to sleep real fast

It was weird seeing so many games I owned on Game Tapes today. I had Star Wars: Episode I Racer, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (which includes Super Mario For Super Players, aka Super Mario Bros 2., aka Super Mario: The Last Levels), R-Type DX, and Game and Watch Gallery 3. Though it was listed as Game and Watch Gallery 4, all the gameplay they showed were the games from 3. Also, I believe the gray GameBoy games would get some color upgrades with GameBoy Color, but black GameBoy games had more significant upgrades with GameBoy Color (but could still be played on GameBoy/GameBoy Pocket). The clear GameBoy Color games were GameBoy Color exclusive.

Chumley

Banned
Horizon looks like a bog standard open world game the likes of Ubisoft would make to be honest.

Sony have dropped the ball with new IPs this gen. Mostly shite.

Bakalar saying it's another Far Cry after his 90 min with it is right in line with what I expected, it's going to be a huge disappointment for everyone hyping themselves up over it. Meanwhile I don't see Zelda being anything other than great.

Invis

Also, not enjoying dan over in NYC personally. I liked how he and Jeff interacted.

I do miss Jeff and Dan's interactions, but I enjoy Dan and Vinny's just about the same, if not maybe a little more.

I do miss Jeff and Dan's interactions, but I enjoy Dan and Vinny's just about the same, if not maybe a little more.

I liked their sports Quick Looks, though Alex/Vinny ones have been good, too. I wonder who's going to do MLB 17. I assume Jeff, especially as it will have that new Retro Mode, which he seemed super hyped about when it was announced at PSX, though, to be fair, he was still reeling from that Windjammers announcement just moments before. Maybe he'd have Drew with him, considering their retro baseball talk on Game Tapes. If Retro Mode is done right, it'll be reminiscent of the baseball games they liked to play.

Megasoum

Banned
Bakalar saying it's another Far Cry after his 90 min with it is right in line with what I expected, it's going to be a huge disappointment for everyone hyping themselves up over it. Meanwhile I don't see Zelda being anything other than great.

Oh the irony... It's killing me lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Now i will get Zelda over horizon (my first zelda game actually) i don't really see anything in it that guarantees it to be a great.

Chumley

Banned
Now i will get Zelda over horizon (my first zelda game actually) i don't really see anything in it that guarantees it to be a great.

I get the distinct impression that Nintendo realizes people think they were basically coasting with TP and Skyward Sword and that this is their real follow up to Wind Waker. I could be wrong but it's the vibe I'm getting.

Invis

Since we're talking about Zelda, I started playing Wind Waker HD on my Wii U. It's my first Zelda game. I mean, I did play about an hour of Ocarina of Time when it launched at a buddy's house, but I couldn't get into it, and I never touched Majora.

And holy shit. It. is. phenomenal.

Once I beat it, I'm going to play Twilight Princess and then Skyward Sword, before moving onto Breath of the Wild. Excited about playing through all these games. I've been wanting to play through them all for years now, but the time was never right and just couldn't feel it. But I did recently and happy I did.

Zornack

I get the distinct impression that Nintendo realizes people think they were basically coasting with TP and Skyward Sword and that this is their real follow up to Wind Waker. I could be wrong but it's the vibe I'm getting.

WW has a good world, art and mechanics but the design of the back half is horrid.

Since we're talking about Zelda, I started playing Wind Waker HD on my Wii U. It's my first Zelda game. I mean, I did play about an hour of Ocarina of Time when it launched at a buddy's house, but I couldn't get into it, and I never touched Majora.

And holy shit. It. is. phenomenal.

Once I beat it, I'm going to play Twilight Princess and then Skyward Sword, before moving onto Breath of the Wild. Excited about playing through all these games. I've been wanting to play through them all for years now, but the time was never right and just couldn't feel it. But I did recently and happy I did.

You did good. That moment when you first set sail.... I always am swept away by that moment.

saillmtoue.gif

bomma_man

This is 100% confirmation bias dude.

3D Zeldas (and I only say "3D" because the most recent 2D one I've played is the Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.) are just really special. If you described the core gameplay loop it wouldn't sound that impressive, but the way Nintendo puts it together makes it transcendant in some way. It's really solid core mechanics polished to a sheen and superb level design, presented in a way that never wears out its welcome.

This is what makes the prospect of BotW, a mechanically-heavy open world game, so appealing. Everything they've shown just looks so good.
Nioh will be better than any of this faux RPG shit anyway.

Persona 5, shaka brah.

Are people just being willfully ignorant when they compare Horizon to Far Cry but pretend Zelda doesn't have all that stuff as well? I guarantee you will be doing more crafting, climbing towers, and finding hundreds of collectibles in Zelda than Horizon. Hell we already know Zelda has NINE HUNDRED korok seeds to collect.

Future generations will look back on the great Horizon vs Zelda war and think "wait why couldn't someone play both? why was that a thing? did anyone care about Halo Wars 2?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom