• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bakalar saying it's another Far Cry after his 90 min with it is right in line with what I expected, it's going to be a huge disappointment for everyone hyping themselves up over it. Meanwhile I don't see Zelda being anything other than great.
It will be defended til the death no matter what. All exclusives are. It's so tiring.

sirap

but jeff loves far cry

Jeff Gerstmann said:
There's nothing inherently wrong with Horizon, and I found the game's combat systems to be pretty exciting at times, but the structure of the game and most of the tasks you're given are one-note. It's a monotonous grind that gets a good lift from its approach to combat and a handful of other tweaks to the formula, but it's still the formula. And it's not an especially great take on said formula, either. Horizon: Zero Dawn feels like it's trying to use every part of the animal, but the overwhelming majority of it is filler.

3/5. You can read the review here.

hwy_61

Banned
Man, I don't know what happened to the Roku app, but it is hot garbage these days. The video slows down, then the auido gets out of sync. Pisses me off, since the biggest reason for buying the Roku was for the Giant Bomb app.

Any other alternatives for watching GB stuff on a TV?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Horizon is like the most prime example I can ever think of for what 'vertical slices' can do and why I never take anything out of previews that are shorter than 10 minutes

Meguro

Banned
I kinda want to see it get 5 stars now just to see how y'all would react.
Horizon looks aight. Nothing special but it doesn't look bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wouldn't react any sort of way

they give 5 stars to all kinds of bad games
1238835011215620240.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there a specific reason for the doubt people suddenly seem to have over Horizon? I feel like I've seen it a few places but not seen why.

Longer previews got out and made it sound extremely Ubisoft-like. Even while talking positively about the game, I watched the footage and thought 'boy this looks like the shit everyone else would dump on if Ubi put it out'

Lingitiz

Longer previews got out and made it sound extremely Ubisoft-like. Even while talking positively about the game, I watched the footage and thought 'boy this looks like the shit everyone else would dump on if Ubi put it out'
It has some FarCry open world elements but the combat is the meat of the game. So far the encounters and tools you have at your disposal look above and beyond anything in a Ubi game. It also has a more RPG focused quest structure. Almost all of the previews came away extremely positive.

It has some FarCry open world elements but the combat is the meat of the game. So far the encounters and tools you have at your disposal look above and beyond anything in a Ubi game. It also has a more RPG focused quest structure. Almost all of the previews came away extremely positive.

Some of the overreactions to the previews make me think people just read the word FarCry and ignored everything else.

Man, I don't know what happened to the Roku app, but it is hot garbage these days. The video slows down, then the auido gets out of sync. Pisses me off, since the biggest reason for buying the Roku was for the Giant Bomb app.

I use Microsoft Edge on Xbox One or the WiiU browser which works extremely well with the gamepad. You get twice the screens!

I use a chromecast and cast to it via GB Video Buddy App. Very rarely have had any issues

I don't know why people are surprised by the Ubiness of Horizon. The first thing I thought of when that game was shown was that it was another FarCry Primal with robots.

oti

Banned

Can you install Kodi on Roku? That's how I watch GB stuff on TV.

Crafting and resource gathering is the dullest laziest way to add 'content' to your AAA action game
An entire generation grew up on Minecraft. Crafting is here to stay.
I dislike it too.

Meneses

Played Gravity Rush 2 the entire weekend, it's really good.

Just flying around from place to place feels great, and the game looks (and sounds, great soundtrack) fantastic.

So far, the 2 new games i've tried this year have been pretty awesome (especially Yakuza, that shit is guaranteed in my top 10).

Now to patiently wait for Persona.

hwy_61

Banned
Gaf even has a surprsing amount of the order 1886 and Knack sympathizers.

You know what man...Knack isn't a horrible game. I was on the hate train for the longest, then I checked it out at my library, and had an ok time. For a launch title it's ok.

The Order on the other hand. Graphics are amazing but yeesh at everything else.

Lingitiz

How often do you see previews of games that aren't extremely positive? Barring stuff that's completely broken.
There's plenty of footage out there for you to decide for yourself. The combat looks really dynamic and fresh and unlike anything we've seen in an open world game. It's not like the game is just a far cry open world stealth outposts and towers kind of thing. It has similarities but doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.

I think it's unfair to judge a game like that when almost all the word has been positive since very early on. I'm not saying it'll definitely be good, but preview coverage shouldn't be totally invalidated.

Catvoca

Banned
You know what man...Knack isn't a horrible game. I was on the hate train for the longest, then I checked it out at my library, and had an ok time. For a launch title it's ok.

It's fun for like an hour or 2 but then it just keeps going, getting more and more dull as it goes.

I don't take Jeff's opinions seriously and haven't since Driveclub. I don't think he has a hate hard-on for Sony or anything like that, I just don't think you can ever predict what he's going to like or dislike.

I believe Jeff's opinions come from an honest place but I also think the man has ridiculous opinions. at least he knows what he likes, even if it's garbage.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I don't take Jeff's opinions seriously and haven't since Driveclub. I don't think he has a hate hard-on for Sony or anything like that, I just don't think you can ever predict what he's going to like or dislike.

Driveclub? Long since I heard that word, happy for it too because damn that circlejerk was something special. It might be a good game but the crusade on gaf for it was seriously taking over too many threads, PC graphics threads included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom