• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirap

I don't take Jeff's opinions seriously and haven't since Driveclub. I don't think he has a hate hard-on for Sony or anything like that, I just don't think you can ever predict what he's going to like or dislike.

I believe Jeff's opinions come from an honest place but I also think the man has ridiculous opinions. at least he knows what he likes, even if it's garbage.

It's part of the charm of GB. All of them have wildly varying tastes, you just need to stick with the member whose opinion on games aligns closest with yours.

It's just a shame none of them have any balls to stand up against Jeff.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff reviews pretty objectively. He might have weird taste, but that doesn't necessarily surface in those.

No need to linkthe Syndicate review, I know!

I really enjoyed Max Payne 3, although it felt like a very different game than what I thought it was going to be. I really was hoping to jump back into the Film Nior style grime filled New York, but it was still an enjoyable game. Only thing was the unskippable cut scenes that felt WAYYYY too long. I'd load it up right now if I didn't have to sit through a 10 min opening cut scene.

Indeed.

mp3_3_by_jax765-d750dqq.gif

Time to once again post MAX PANAMA.

Giganteus

I kinda want to see it get 5 stars now just to see how y'all would react.
Horizon looks aight. Nothing special but it doesn't look bad.
Horizon might be trash, but I want to see it doing some of its own things, along with some Far Cry elements sprinkled in, then watch people on GAF not be able to let go of the fact that it has some Far Cry in it.

Watch. It's probably happening.

justjim89

I mean, MP3 wins by default for me because it's the only Rockstar game I've beaten. None of the GTA's could hold my interest for very long and I've never played RDR.

It's no Max Payne 1 or 2, but it's probably the closest approximation to one that could've been made last generation.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

When TEARS kicks in and you go full on shit storm in the airport. One of the GOAT moments in gaming.

I legit had some intense reactions when I saw HEALTH play that live. There's was a disco ball on the ceiling that would bounce of their insane light show behind them and it casted their shadows against the curtained wall, but as if their shadows were being generated by gunfire.

time to replay all 3:
KPqsDWm.png

here we fuckin' go!

sirap

Trash.

Max Payne 3 might have the best gun-play but that's an unfair comparison considering it was release almost a decade later.

It failed at everything else that made Max Payne 1 & 2 great. 3-dimensional characters, killer soundtrack (MP2 da GOAT), an intriguing story & properly paced encounters.

Max Payne 3 feels like a movie that exists in GTA. Even Michael Bay would look at it and say "damn, they went waay too over the top."

I believe Jeff's opinions come from an honest place but I also think the man has ridiculous opinions. at least he knows what he likes, even if it's garbage.

The man gave Syndicate a 5/5 and it felt earned. Meanwhile Inside and Uncharted 4 felt like they got the score for the zeitgeist around those games.

In a perfect world Knack and The Puppeteer would have swapped platforms.

I'm disappointed Sony never made a Puppeteer remaster. 60fps would be lovely in the game. Or a VR mode that truly simulates the stage play feel.

And it's been 3 or 4 years since Tearaway. Where's Dreams at?

I don't know why people are surprised by the Ubiness of Horizon. The first thing I thought of when that game was shown was that it was another FarCry Primal with robots.

Horizon was shown before Far Cry Primal, though.

Megasoum

Banned
I should probably give Max Payne 3 another try some day... I really loved the first two but couldn't get into the third one at all... I just remember it being way too unforgiving and difficult.

Also a cutscene every 30sec.

Giganteus

I mean just because he had fun for two weeks with the multiplayer in that game doesn't mean the rest of it wasn't fucking garbage
All of it was good eatin', 5 stars good. Jeff knew. Good style, good music, good multiplayer, singleplayer was fine, shooting people felt really good, and had some nice hooks to it.

FIVE STARS GOOD.

oti

Banned
I don't know why people are surprised by the Ubiness of Horizon. The first thing I thought of when that game was shown was that it was another FarCry Primal with robots.

I thought it would be more like Monster Hunter. A more accessible Monster Hunter for a console sounds pretty ace to me. I don't need another Far Cry.

It's better than any other Rockstar game, better than any Remedy game, and probably better than whatever your favorite third person shooter is.

Trash.

Max Payne 3 might have the best gun-play but that's an unfair comparison considering it was release almost a decade later.

It failed at everything else that made Max Payne 1 & 2 great. 3-dimensional characters, killer soundtrack (MP2 da GOAT), an intriguing story & properly paced encounters.

Max Payne 3 feels like a movie that exists in GTA. Even Michael Bay would look at it and say "damn, they went waay too over the top."

If you can't even acknowledge MP3 has a killer soundtrack, then you are truly lost friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom