• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup the SP was the original iPhone 7. It had an adaptor that went through charge port too

Still in my opinion the greatest handheld ever.

Mr. F

Banned
You're crazy.

Clamshell is the best shell.

Yes. The SP is still an incredible handheld

2536312-2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

neshcom

Banned
Watching Solo Queue and this is a fun concept for a show.

This Space Pirate Battle game looks weird. I guess this is DONTNOD's b-team? Seems like a strange space to explore from an otherwise narrative-driven studio.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, I feel like thinking handhelds need to be in a pocket is only a thing when I was a kid because I don't have to worry about shit like carrying wallets/keys/phones.

I don't think I would want to carry around a GB micro in my pocket.

Been watching my life in gaming RGB masterclass videos and found out the GameCube component cables I have somewhere are worth a bunch of cash now. I think they were 30 bucks back when I bought them off Nintendo.

StoveOven

Banned
I dunno, I feel like thinking handhelds need to be in a pocket is only a thing when I was a kid because I don't have to worry about shit like carrying wallets/keys/phones.

I don't think I would want to carry around a GB micro in my pocket.

To be fair, I was a kid when the SP was out, and it was awesome then.

Invis

The SP is great because it's the only handheld that you could reasonably fit in your pocket.

Edit: Well, I guess the Micro too.

If only the Micro screen was just a tiny bit smaller. I love the look of the unit itself though.

But yes, the SP was better than the regular GBA. Coming from someone who bought both immediately at their launch. Modding aside, it has a back-lit screen. Come on.

I'm tired of small video game things. even the vita and 3ds xl are almost too cramped for comfort. the size of the switch controllers infuriates me.

give me big video games for my big dumb westerner hands

Robaperas

I liked Solo Queue, but as Jeff said, it's a bummer when you think the hours a bunch of people put into making those games.

Except the RE one, that one was trash from the beginning.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Been watching my life in gaming RGB masterclass videos and found out the GameCube component cables I have somewhere are worth a bunch of cash now. I think they were 30 bucks back when I bought them off Nintendo.

my brother sold an unopened package of the cables for $250 last year.

It's part of the charm of GB. All of them have wildly varying tastes, you just need to stick with the member whose opinion on games aligns closest with yours.

It's just a shame none of them have any balls to stand up against Jeff.
I was surprised how into SUPERHOT Jeff was during the GOTY deliberations. I mean, I thought it was good, but it was also pretty shallow and gave the impression of thinking it was being a lot more clever than it actually was, so I thought Jeff wouldn't have had such a boner for it. Dan ended up sharing my sentiments.

Erekiddo

Hey, let me know if that works for you. Same deal with my Roku 3. The video/audio sync gets way off first it was just GBeast content and now West is off too since they switched to 1080p. I think This is the Run 7 was the last video that played right for me from GBEast.

Roku Ultra fixed the problem. Disappointing but I didn't mind too much upgrading.

Are you playing them at the highest quality? It might be because their HD quality setting is now 1080p instead of 720p (which it was previously). Their 1080p videos are unplayable on a Compute Stick I was using to stream GB video content previously, so it might be a similar issue with your thing. The jump to 1080p is the only change I know of so that'd be my guess...

The resolution change was definitely the problem, and it looks like it affected GBwest too. Ultra fixed the problem, I'll be selling the 3 to offset the cost

Ahh man, my copy just arrived the other day. I want to watch but I don't want to be spoiled. Thankfully it's a weekly feature so I technically could play along.

Chuck

Still without luck
You know what's super good? Solo GB videos.
You know what else is super good? Watching someone click menus.
You know what else else is super good? Steam multiplayer games.
You know what else els...

Chuck

Still without luck
Dan creates new series; almost instantly jumps into action and is awesome.
Jeff creates new series; plays around in menus nonstop and is boring for over an hour.
Brad creates a ne...

O963yXG.jpg

regardless of the quality of it, the Westt doing a feature that's literally them waiting for a multiplayer lobby to fill up is bordering self-parody

Dan creates new series; almost instantly jumps into action and is awesome.
Jeff creates new series; plays around in menus nonstop and is boring for over an hour.
Brad creates a ne...

Jeff at least has done stuff like Ranking of Fighters and Game Tapes

It's not quite Dan's output, but it's at least more creative than Brad's typical "hey I feel like playing this game so I'm gonna do it as a premium show"

I'm ready for more brad plays dead rising actually. The last two were very enjoyable.

I'm hoping they play through the whole game, since it's not that long at all. The "Brad butchers a video game while Drew and Rorie shoot the shit" dynamic is great.

I mean that stream did start off as a joke idea that only happened because people wanted it.

"well you fuckers wanted it"

Solo Queue is fascinating, even if not super exciting to watch.

I'm really curious if the devs making this stuff are aiming for Rocket League-tier success, or just have blind faith in their product. It's crazy to think about all the work going into these games for what the result is (not even in terms of quality or anything, just reception). Like, minus Umbrella Corp, they're not even a week old.

...And now there's a DONTNOD subsidiary's game. Oh, the humanity!

I'd watch Brad do a shoe-making stream.

I've said this before, but, despite people being way down on it, I'd really like to see Brad do at least one stream where he and the chat make a Doom map in SnapMap and then he (and those that want to) test it out in deathmatch. It could be structured like Giant Bomb Makes Mario, in which the chat votes of the theme (2016, Doom Classic, etc) or the style of game (deathmatch, team deathmatch, etc).

Phediuk

8/19/2008 Bombcast

Jeff says he would replace all of his body parts with machinery if he could, including replacing his legs with treads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom