• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phediuk

8/19/2008 Bombcast

The crew discusses a news story about a 16-year-old kid who dropped out of school to play Guitar Hero full-time.

I wonder where he is now.

Phediuk

8/19/2008 Bombcast

The discussion about the Guitar Hero kid goes some interesting places.

Ryan says that the only people who have ever become famous for playing games are Billy Mitchell and fatal1ty, and that there's no more room for anyone else. The world has already reached its maximum capacity for video game celebrities.

Meguro

Banned
Can't wait for Beast in the East (what a good name) today.
Once a week will be slow but I hope they'll just make the videos extra long.

Wunder

Right. In the 'Coming Up' box it doesn't say Live Show so it's pre-recorded.

It's premium though. Many people here not premium members?

The only people in here are premium members and premium members who don't think their premium is worth it. And mintyice I guess

Is anyone here able to reliably watch Giant Bomb videos via their Apple TV?
I watch GB videos on my Android TV using Kodi (though with a bit of finagling to get the community developed plugin installed since the official one is way out of date and broken), and it looks like there are ways to get Kodi onto an Apple TV.

oti

Banned
I watch GB videos on my Android TV using Kodi (though with a bit of finagling to get the community developed plugin installed since the official one is way out of date and broken), and it looks like there are ways to get Kodi onto an Apple TV.

I had issues with the official Kodi add-on too until I changed the settings to always HD or something like that. Works flawlessly since then.

2916988-cp_beastintheeast_01312017.00_05_41_38.still001.jpg

Beast in the East: Yakuza 0 - Part 01
We enter a world of mystery, intrigue, violence, and... well, excessive violence. Join us as we begin our journey into Yakuza!

dX470fI.gif

It's showtime.

Zaph

Solo Queue was great, even if it was a bit too meta. When the tapper nonchalantly appeared on screen, we reached peak Jeff.

Time to Yazuka...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
So this is going to take -- like -- most of 2017? And they're doing all of them? Dear god. I'm happy, but I'm going to be in my 30s by the time this series is over.

derFeef

So this is going to take -- like -- most of 2017? And they're doing all of them? Dear god. I'm happy, but I'm going to be in my 30s by the time this series is over.

Heh, yeah. I think I am going to wait until there is a best of, or a handy list of funny moments.

Meneses

I'm glad there's a bunch of content now. Even if I don't like/watch all of it, there's usually something for everyone
except Demo Derby fans, RIP :(

Good on GB and hope they can keep it up when the 35 different PAXes and E3 come along.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It'd be nice if the GB video player didn't consistently shit itself after 30-40 minutes:p

That's the only real downside of premium vids. Subscribers effectively get a worst playback experience of YouTube is available.

Anyway, a refresh fixes it, whatever.

Can't watch the video until evening.
Do they use heat moves in combat?
It's like the most fun part of Yakuza combat, although it's pretty easy to miss as a series newcomer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom