• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phediuk

PAX 08 Bombcast

Ryan is the only person in the room who has anything good to say about E3. Rorie says he wants to take E3 to the back of the shed and shoot it. Everyone in the room believes that publisher events are rapidly making conventions obsolete.

Also, right after that, Ryan's girlfriend, Anna, phones him, and he puts her on speakerphone. I think this is the only time her voice has ever been heard on Giant Bomb.

Really loved the beastcast this week. Definitely had a loose yet excited feel to it, reminding me of the aim chat rooms my friends and I would make during snow days back in high school.

Alex recommending everyone read Universal Harvester made me very happy, too.

2918597-bestof_116_gb.png

Best of Giant Bomb 116 - Stuck on Ska
This video is not for the faint of heart. It contains jump scares, haunted houses, and a ska radio station.

For those that aren't up to speed.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Good lord Noctropolis really is every single self indulgent and somewhat offensive idea from 90s comics rolled into one game.

This is incredible

Really loved the beastcast this week. Definitely had a loose yet excited feel to it, reminding me of the aim chat rooms my friends and I would make during snow days back in high school.

Alex recommending everyone read Universal Harvester made me very happy, too.

Oh man I forgot Universal Harvester was out! I was a huge fan of Wolf in White Van.

pezzie

So nearly 5 years later, what do you guys think of the CBS buyout of GB? I'm still waiting for CBS to sack everyone and absorb GB into Gamespot.

Zaph

So nearly 5 years later, what do you guys think of the CBS buyout of GB? I'm still waiting for CBS to sack everyone and absorb GB into Gamespot.

Given the way website acquisitions usually go, and the amount of gaming sites shuttered in the last 5 years, realistically, we couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

I'm glad it happened, and I've only been following GB actively for a few years now. From the way Jeff talks CBS is happy with the numbers GB puts up financially, which means that they have the security of a large corporation with actual budgets and stability behind them

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
But how much is there actually? Isn't their youtube subscription nuts, but their actual video consumption super low?
We live in weird times. Their facebook videos get hundreds of thousands of views sometimes and they got their own video player, too. They are still in a pretty good position, honestly.

Wunder

Surprising no one.

But how much is there actually? Isn't their youtube subscription nuts, but their actual video consumption super low?

Yeah I haven't checked in a while but their videos were in the tens of thousands of views and the couple tweets I clicked through had a handful of RTs/Likes/Replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've become broken by Steam. I can no longer tell the difference between some kid's misguided attempt at starting development and a shitty group of shits trying to take advantage of people by releasing shit.

I have decided to spent €2 on Bequest / Last Answer just see how deep this rabbit hole goes with changes and updates.

Hopefully it is not a Cryptolocker virus of some sort!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
There's a new horror game out that Vinny and Dan should take a look at:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/569760/

Well...
"Bequest" and the "Last Answer"
7. FEBRUAR - TASTEGAMES
Dear users, we changed the name of the game, since it does not meet the coming big update, which will be released today.
The function of maintaining the gameplay will be released only on the next day.
We know that you expect the update, who have already bought the game, and we hope that this update will change your opinion about our game.
Sincerely "TasteGames" we will support all our games.

Also this
We changed the name, not because of bad reviews, but because of a change of scene in the game.

Seems fair, they changed a scene.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I juss saw it, liked it for the most part.

Also, what kind of freak watches movies in the am.

Someone who was very excited for this one and also only wanted to pay $8 for a movie. I also watch a lot of movies anyway. This week alone I watched twelve new movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom