• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know GB videos have always been on the quiet side, but they've gotten even quieter lately, right? Or am I crazy? I feel like I'm having way more "[plays a youtube video] holy shit my volume is cranked" moments than usual lately.

Also: Finally watching last week's UPF and they're talking rhythm game hardware and this is my fucking jaaaaam.

Edit: Has anyone streamed or watched the Telltale Batman game on Beam? Is the latency low enough for the "audience voting" mechanic to work? Tempted to try streaming that at some point. (Though I'd likely not have any viewers to do the voting thing anyway, lol.)

I want to say there was a time when both studios were about even in the volume department, but it's been divergent for the last few months at least. Like, it varies, but BWest has been making much quieter videos lately.

Edit: I do raise volume for all GB videos, though.

So I drove through Kansas for reasons explained in the Mental health thread today...and man did it really make me understand why Dan is the way he is. I didn't have any prolonged conversations with anyone, but I saw a lot of people who seemed like they would hold fireworks in their hands as it went off.

Also, right before the border, I went to a McDonald's for some quick gut fillings, and I got flashbacks to my time as a four year old at NASCAR qualifiers in Pennsylvania. Just a bunch of adult males wearing high waisted jeans with plaid shirts neatly tucked in.

Mr. F

Banned
Catching up on UPF, Jason taping the quilt to the TV reminded me of the talk that set decorations were coming when they first moved into the new studio. Good times.

Lunar FC

Catching up on UPF, Jason taping the quilt to the TV reminded me of the talk that set decorations were coming when they first moved into the new studio. Good times.

Were just a few short months away from set decorating. Duders have been slammed since the move.

That is the exact point I really got into the main story. Such a good cliffhanger for the chapter.

Goro is such a good character.

I'm still on chapter 3 and I can't bring myself to stop doing side quests.

I really need to move the story along.

I did the same for a while. Having been to Japan recently I was really getting a kick out of their Dotonbori (Kabukicho is not really recognizable unfortunately). The whole chapter 4 kinda snuck up on me. It ramps up fast.

Goro is such a good character.

Darn right!
hclK4q2.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
IM AFRAID
(i can't let you in)

Still makes me crack up

Vinny needs to fade the Beastcast intro music out a lot sooner. It's annoying when they're full in to a conversation and there's music playing at almost the same level as their voices.

Lunar FC

Remember when the Giant Beastcast intro music was only a placeholder?

Episode 90 and that placeholder still going strong.

It's betta than bombcast's tune.

Edit: Is Exploding Kittens actually fun? I've had in for like two years and never have played it. Wanted to take it to a shindig.

Huh. I really like the Beastcast's opening. It's my favourite of GB's different intros over the years.

Waypoint raised my standards on production, though. The way they sync the endtro music with Austin saying "peace" is really good stuff. Dunno that it'd be right for GB, but it builds a nice familiar structure to the ending of a podcast.

McCHitman

Banned
It's betta than bombcast's tune.

Ehhh.

You know what's real good? Remember when Vinny would host the Bombcast and that melody of different versions of the theme would play? Well that Funk version of the Bombcast theme is the best EVER! EEEEVER!

I wish I had a good clip of just that Funk version.

Jintor

Huh. I really like the Beastcast's opening. It's my favourite of GB's different intros over the years.

Waypoint raised my standards on production, though. The way they sync the endtro music with Austin saying "peace" is really good stuff. Dunno that it'd be right for GB, but it builds a nice familiar structure to the ending of a podcast.

yeah it's good shit

the thing about the beastcast opening is cos it's a music library track I've heard it on like 3 different news shows, though the only program i remember was a news article about bikie gangs.

Joeku

Ain't nothing beat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytkiOvL9DZ4

The Waypoint theme timed with the "Peace" soundbyte is pretty goddamn close, though.

bomma_man

yeah it's good shit

the thing about the beastcast opening is cos it's a music library track I've heard it on like 3 different news shows, though the only program i remember was a news article about bikie gangs.

I heard the corrections theme on like, the block, once

Mr. F

Banned
maaan the lighting was so much better in the old studio

also that sub game on UPF looked rad. The transition from 3D nav to 2D management was cool.

I actually fell asleep looking at the Divide QL yesterday. That rarely happens me.

That game is now equally as boring as a terrible episode of RAW in my mind.

Lunar FC

When I heard the peeps that made FTL were making a Jaeger vs. Kaiju game I was so excited. But looking at the trailer I don't see a single thing I like about it. :(

I actually fell asleep looking at the Divide QL yesterday. That rarely happens me.

That game is now equally as boring as a terrible episode of RAW in my mind.

That was one of those awkward quick looks where the game is clearly bad but the crew can't rip into it because it was made by a friend of the site.

That was one of those awkward quick looks where the game is clearly bad but the crew can't rip into it because it was made by a friend of the site.

I wouldn't say it's "clearly bad" maybe clearly boring. Seemed to have a lot of technical junk as well. The QL was boring to me because the game has lots of talking and the guys didn't seem to want to talk over it like they do for pretty much every other game. Game just seems boring, like it's a walking simulator that's doesn't know it and therefore doesnt embrace the positives of that type of game. The music is good but kinda seems too large for the game

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I love love love the beastcast, but yeah, they intro is... hot garbage. No. It's fine. It's just generic. Generic hot garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom