• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

Until a couple days ago I thought Nier and Nioh were the same game.

I got very confused during the last bombcast when they were talking about it and I was just picturing Jeff loving Nier.

Until a couple days ago I thought Nier and Nioh were the same game.

I got very confused during the last bombcast when they were talking about it and I was just picturing Jeff loving Nier.

Similar here; it took me a minute to realize they weren't just talking about the PS4 Pro.

Seventy70

Am I the only one that likes to crop the gameplay whenever they do an FMV game in order to get that authentic Random PC Game feel? You aren't a real GB fan if you don't do that.

I watched the Nioh quicklook. Brad doesn't seem to be into the game very much. It's weird, and what's weirder is that Jeff, of all people, is into it.

Seventy70

I watched the Nioh quicklook. Brad doesn't seem to be into the game very much. It's weird, and what's weirder is that Jeff, of all people, is into it.

I feel the same way as him. My guess is that many of the people who played a bunch of the Souls games are just kind of burnt out from that game style.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
9/2/2008 Bombcast

Brad gushes about Viva Pinata. He says that if you haven't played it, you're stupid.

In the 9 years since I still haven't seen or heard any reason why this is such a good game. I played it briefly in Rare Replay, I've watched Giant Bomb cover it multiple times, I've heard them talk about it. The extent of their conversations generally seems to be yelling out the name of a pinata.

In the 9 years since I still haven't seen or heard any reason why this is such a good game. I played it briefly in Rare Replay, I've watched Giant Bomb cover it multiple times, I've heard them talk about it. The extent of their conversations generally seems to be yelling out the name of a pinata.

the best part is that it's basically a gacha game

oti

Banned
Are those videos good #content? Should I watch those? Not this game in particular, but in general. Same easy-going style like GB?

Viva Pinata is cute and it's BRAD. Give that man a list of things to do and systems working in the background and he'll love it.

And it's one of the more memorable exclusives we had last gen.

Volotaire

Are those videos good #content? Should I watch those? Not this game in particular, but in general. Same easy-going style like GB?

Viva Pinata is cute and it's BRAD. Give that man a list of things to do and systems working in the background and he'll love it.

And it's one of the more memorable exclusives we had last gen.

Game Informer is fantastic. It has a larger volume and variety of staff, an enjoyable podcast including interviews with interesting game development heads and has good banter amongst the staff.

Super Replay is excellent. Overblood 1/2, Illbleed, Blue Stinger, Tail of the Sun, Half-Life (peak Dan on this one), Cyberia 1/2, and Super Mario Bros 3 are the best ones.

If you watch them, I recommend starting with Overblood, then doing the rest in any order. Don't watch Illbleed before Blue Stinger, though.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Super Replay should be viewed with the understanding that Dan was far more successful at getting under his coworkers' skin at GI. If you've ever been annoyed with "Dan's act" then you might not actually be able to handle when he's the asshole angel on somebody's shoulder while they're trying to deal with some crappy game.

Meneses

I feel the same way as him. My guess is that many of the people who played a bunch of the Souls games are just kind of burnt out from that game style.

I'm on a different boat. I love Souls games, was pretty much satisfied with what I played of 3 (which was a lot), but when I played Nioh, it made me just want to stop playing that and start a new DS3 playthorugh instead (which I did).

To this date, no "souls-like" game has held my interest at all. Nioh's combat and loot-style did nothing for me.

oti

Banned
Super Replay is excellent. Overblood 1/2, Illbleed, Blue Stinger, Tail of the Sun, Half-Life (peak Dan on this one), Cyberia 1/2, and Super Mario Bros 3 are the best ones.

If you watch them, I recommend starting with Overblood, then doing the rest in any order. Don't watch Illbleed before Blue Stinger, though.

I will do that. Thanks!

Game Informer 'Replays' and 'Super Replays' are great fun to watch. Replays are basically Playdates and Super Replays are Endurance Runs

They do Test Chambers (which are Quick Looks), but they are usually a bit shorter than what GB do, and are usually less fun because they are more focused on showing single parts of the games.

The list of games they did a Super Replay of is up to 38 (over the course of 6 years), and ranges from good to great depending on the crew and game played. There is a large helping of terrible Survival Horror in there,

I only watched Blue Stinger & Illbleed which are fantastic. Will probably watch the other content during the holidays when there is no GB content.

Super Replay should be viewed with the understanding that Dan was far more successful at getting under his coworkers' skin at GI. If you've ever been annoyed with "Dan's act" then you might not actually be able to handle when he's the asshole angel on somebody's shoulder while they're trying to deal with some crappy game.

It also explains why everyone who had to deal with Dan that shows up on GB stuff talks MAD SHIT about him during them hehehe.

Ashby

He tried that shit on Brad when he first got to GB but he overestimated Brad's ability to care about anything.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Of course once they sat down and realized how much they had in common, all was well

2686582-ok.gif

Ashby

I think I fucked up going with the gray Joy-Con. When I was preordering I thought the colored ones looked garish but now I think they really cool and that they gray are boring :/

I'm still not through this Noctropolis video, but man, it's still going places. Like, some dark places you wouldn't think a comic book-based FMV game from the 90's would go.
Corrections music is the best of the regular podcast jams.

Oh, right! Corrections music is also a nice touch, almost as good as Waypoint's "peace." If Waypoint didn't do that, I'd be citing the corrections music for good producing instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom