• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting dat demo derby itch.

2712749-apply+directly+to+the+forehead.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've got the switch, zelda, a fairly expensive headphone and a spyder knife coming all in the same period.

March is gonna be crazy for me.

I think Sony fucked up with the timing on Horizon. I'm going to skip it since Zelda comes out 3 days after, and I have a feeling many people will do the same. They should've waited a month.

I think Sony fucked up with the timing on Horizon. I'm going to skip it since Zelda comes out 3 days after, and I have a feeling many people will do the same. They should've waited a month.

The Switch is sold out and will have a limited install base. It won't impact Horizon a bit.

I'm passing on Horizon for Zelda and a Switch, but realistically the PS4 user base is something like five times the Wii U and the sure to be supply limited Switch. Mass Effect is more of a problem for Horizon than Zelda, not that it'll be a meaningful one either.

McCHitman

Banned
Grandparents when I was very young, wasn't able to form much of a bond with them unfortunately. Otherwise, no, I've been very lucky. None of my friends or immediate family have died.

That's a great thing then. I lost over 20 people before I hit 30. Lost my Mom last year. I pray you have strength for when the time comes.

I'm getting dat demo derby itch.

I have it all the time. I don't know why, but it's one of my favorite features.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, I kinda love the bits of it I've seen on demo derby.

Even if it's mostly ironic.

Graphic design and 90's videogame rad culture really don't mix.

I lost a ton of interest I had in horizon when all those previews went up a couple weeks ago. The game is visually awesome--looks to be the next console technical tour de force and will prob be a great showcase for the PRO. but comments from press and even jeff b on the beastcast about it feeling immediately familiar and playing like 'one of those games' regarding far cry... Idk, at this point the reviews and general reaction from ppl is gonna have to sell me on it. interested to see what the GB crew thinks of the game. I hope it is a killer and convinces me to finally pick up a pro

Hindl

I'm crazy so I'm buying both horizon and a switch/Zelda...

This would be my plan, except I have Nioh on the way, and on the other side of March Persona is looming. So Nioh, Zelda, and Persona take priority over Horizon. Otherwise I'd be right there with you. Horizon is probably gonna be my May/June game

Scizzy

My favorite moment during the Beastcast was when Backalar made it clear he found that email asking for a comprehensive timeline of consoles as tedious as I did.

ryseing

Getting Brad to try and explain Lord of the Rings and the Red Book of Westmarch to him in the Lord of the Hunt DLC video.

I'm now going to go replay SoM. Thanks.

Fiending for whatever that sequel ends up being.

No Dan, the history of Middle Earth is not like wrestling. Or ska for that matter.

This would be my plan, except I have Nioh on the way, and on the other side of March Persona is looming. So Nioh, Zelda, and Persona take priority over Horizon. Otherwise I'd be right there with you. Horizon is probably gonna be my May/June game

Heh funny enough I thought about doing the same thing. I liked nioh lot from the last beta / demo they had but passing on it for now since I'm getting those two :(. I definitely plan to pick up nioh down the road though! So many games right now haha

My favorite moment during the Beastcast was when Backalar made it clear he found that email asking for a comprehensive timeline of consoles as tedious as I did.
Jeff Backalar's exasperation to so much of the Beastcast has become my favorite reoccurring thing on the show. His voice is so funny to me.

Really loved the first episode of the Yakuza 0 playthrough. There are a few obvious gameplay mechanics they missed that I had picked up on by the first hour but they should figure it out (kinda weird they didn't figure out to check the pager or that health doesn't regen, both of which they could have realized with 10 seconds on the start screen). But yeah, they want to experience a bunch of the side content and I love the energy.

Interesting that all of the endurance runs or longplays on games (except Hitman/Kerbel to my knowledge) have been Japanese games. They don't always get that much discussion by the West guys but I think it says something about those games.

Interesting that all of the endurance runs or longplays on games (except Hitman/Kerbel to my knowledge) have been Japanese games. They don't always get that much discussion by the West guys but I think it says something about those games.

That they're more wacky and entertaining? I mean, that's the overriding quality. After all, an Endurance Run of say, Horizon : Zero Dawn or Final Fantasy XV would likely be pretty boring, even if the games themselves are possibly better.

On the other hand, I could've easily seen them doing an entertaining run of Mass Effect if by some weirdness, one of the guys had never played it. After all, Marty Silva and Alanah Pearce are doing a fun version of that over on IGN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom