• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
ERs tend to kind of become events where people who might not be familiar with GB still get in on it, because of the game they're playing. idk how many fans they picked up during the persona 4 ER but probably a lot?

some of those hardcore shenmue people definitely came over

Hjod

Banned
the official answer is "ERs have never been premium" but the real answer is probably somewhere between "why not" and "we don't have other videos to upload right now"

it's all going to pay off when they subscribe for shenmue 2's ER

They've said ERs will always be free.

The completely different series where they play through a full game but don't put up a video every weekday aren't ERs so are premium.

ERs tend to kind of become events where people who might not be familiar with GB still get in on it, because of the game they're playing. idk how many fans they picked up during the persona 4 ER but probably a lot?

some of those hardcore shenmue people definitely came over

Ah ok I see, well it got me to subscribe so I guess they won...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I must say, watching beast in the east and fighting (nioh boss)
UmiBozu
at the same time was not easy.

But I did what had to be done.

robotrock

Banned
I must say, watching beast in the east and fighting (nioh boss)
UmiBozu
at the same time was not easy.

But I did what had to be done.

yeah the only problem with the yakuza series is i have to actually watch it as if i was watching a netflix series, because i need to read it

not a big deal though, just means i can't play puyo puyo tetris while watching

Goddamnit, it bothers me how many times the HEAT triangle was there everytime they held a weapon and with the exception of that box of nails, they miss it EVERY TIME.

Wunder

Goddamnit, it bothers me how many times the HEAT triangle was there everytime they held a weapon and with the exception of that box of nails, they miss it EVERY TIME.

Well they're under the impression that there are way more environmental heat actions then there really are, so they are probably focusing more on that then the weapons. Also the weapon actions are pretty much just classified into small, medium, heavy so it isn't like there is a ton of variation there either.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So, I was listening to that part of the Bombcast where they discussed the Shmoo (you know, as you do) on Youtube. It's super fascinating to me that all those Bombcast clips have views that are almost comparable to the QLs on Youtube. Especially considering that they are not on official GB channels.
I'd be shocked if nobody ever approached them and put forward this idea of them putting up chunks of the bombcast on Youtube themselves.

Well they're under the impression that there are way more environmental heat actions then there really are, so they are probably focusing more on that then the weapons. Also the weapon actions are pretty much just classified into small, medium, heavy so it isn't like there is a ton of variation there either.

True, but they're still missing the basics of :
- trigger weapon-based heat action in front of standing enemy
- trigger weapon-based heat action against downed enemy

They need to learn that first before even thinking about the more dynamic heat moves they unlock later on.

So, I was listening to that part of the Bombcast where they discussed the Shmoo (you know, as you do) on Youtube. It's super fascinating to me that all those Bombcast clips have views that are almost comparable to the QLs on Youtube. Especially considering that they are not on official GB channels.
I'd be shocked if nobody ever approached them and put forward this idea of them putting up chunks of the bombcast on Youtube themselves.

it's bizarre to me that they haven't (gotten someone to) put up all the old bombcasts with timestamps like Idle Thumbs did. it's even more bizarre to me that they don't (get someone to) timestamp the current youtube versions of the bombcasts. that's like pretty basic stuff these days

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
it's bizarre to me that they haven't (gotten someone to) put up all the old bombcasts with timestamps like Idle Thumbs did. it's even more bizarre to me that they don't (get someone to) timestamp the current youtube versions of the bombcasts. that's like pretty basic stuff these days

Yeah, that too. For as forward thinking as GB generally is/was this feels like a pretty obvious omission.

Catvoca

Banned

I'm surprised they don't break up the free video version of the Bombcast and upload it in chunks like KF and others do. Or at least take bits of it and upload them as highlights. I guess that's added work they don't want to do I suppose.

Oxirane

So Dan used the same PSVR and had no issues at his place and admits it was probably their studio set up in the west office. Shocking.

He said there was a weird in-and-out thing happening at his setup (one of the things Jeff complained about), is that just what to expect from PSVR?

Antiwhippy

Man, it's been an insane glut of incredibly good Japanese games these past few months isn't there?

I look at my ps4 which i got last November and the only non Japanese game i have is hitman lmao.

Antiwhippy

They can learn to space out it better though.

Like holy crap, i want to get the new hatsune miku game, the new digimon game, yakuza, nier, and many more, but i have nioh to keep me occupied for now and then the switch with Zelda will come in 3 weeks, and then we head off to persona 5 land.

It's too much japan. Too much.

May gets some respite but then we get to tekken fucking 7.

Why couldn't they do all these when i was like, unemployed still.

Though i guess if I'm still unemployed now i wouldn't be able to afford any of them.

Tagyhag

He said there was a weird in-and-out thing happening at his setup (one of the things Jeff complained about), is that just what to expect from PSVR?

It's what happens when you use a generation-old tracking system but everyone be like "No it's fine! You just gotta use it at the exact right place with the exact right lighting!"

Finally back home, time to watch some Yakuza 0 before I jump in Yakuza 0 myself.

Now that I'm ahead of GBEast in Yakuza, I look forward to telling them that they are playing it wrong.

5min quick and dirty tribute to my favourite Noctropolis moment

HrWZjxv.png

bbbbuzudb.gif

I'm getting married Friday, seeing snow for the first time the Monday after aND the switch comes out soon after. Life tends to pass by quicker then you know it friend.

Congrats!

Took Japan long enough to get out of their hole.
Perhaps, but I still feel like they should be commened, they are punching above their weight in a sense.

The UK seems to be the closest in terms of similar sized countries, and even the UK I'd say doesn't have close to the same quantity/quality output.
I mean there lots of market and other contextual causes for that, but still, I'm impressed to see it (/disappointed by the rest of the non North American AA / AAA game dev scene).

Volotaire

I'm getting married Friday, seeing snow for the first time the Monday after aND the switch comes out soon after. Life tends to pass by quicker then you know it friend.

Congrats!

Pretty excited, just got word that I can start my graduate job in the next 2 months instead of waiting until the end of Summer.

Shame about the NES Mini. I should have pre-ordered one but I was unsure if I wanted it. At least I managed to grab the NES controller.

TraBuch

Banned
"Do you have to grab them to use heat?"
"So far it seems like you do."

He says right after talking about using heat while they're knocked down and using heat without grabbing anybody multiple times.

BearPawB

Banned
God this once a week format is so bad for this game.

By the end of the game there will be an hour and a half long recap/remembering systems before 20 minutes of actual gameplay

If they want to release it slowly they should at least try and play it more frequently (even if they only release it once a week)

Strax

I have the strangest job interview tomorrow. Copywriting job for an Snapchat/Instagram/Facebook/Twitter talent agency. I don't understand how this can be a thing in country with fewer people then Corpus Christi.

this dude looks like Brad minus about 15 years:

barber_djirlauw-blonde-pomp-fade-300x300.jpg

On point.

BearPawB

Banned
I have the strangest job interview tomorrow. Copywriting job for an Snapchat/Instagram/Facebook/Twitter talent agency. I don't understand how this can be a thing in country with fewer people then Corpus Christi.

On point.

The internet is everywhere

Meneses

Congrats!

Weirdly enough, I too have only seen snow (well, in person) for the first time about 2 or 3 years ago. And it wasn't even heavy snow, it melted pretty fast, so technically I still haven't seen real snow.

TraBuch

Banned
Is the bowling attendant in Yakuza 0 Emiri Okazaki? Yakuza's obviously been known to put JAV stars in the game. And it looks like her. And her name is Emiri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom