• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Par Score

okay can you *seriously* offer a discounted sub for just GBEast's premium content

Who'd have though GBEast would end up doing the heavy lifting.

I would absolutely make my sub Beast exclusive if that were a thing, which I guess explains why that isn't a thing.

Honestly I'm okay with the one two shot of new people coming in, could really shake up West. East is so on point these days.

The last time that happened we got Dan and Jason, soooo...

ldwA4og.gif

It kind of blows my mind how hard it is for them to hold on to people. Their employment scheme is essentially one in one out

it makes sense, they've become a really big incubator for the kind of video game critique/video production that is super in demand now.

i'm not surprised to see people that aren't jeff and brad leaving, but drew being the next one to go cuts super duper deep

Wait. Drew's last day is on March 3rd. But their PAX panel has him as part of it. I wonder if his name was listed there as to not hint at him leaving. Or if he is still going to actually participate.

justjim89

What a fucking bummer. I'm gonna miss that handsome bastard. I wonder if he's staying in games media in some form, or if he's gonna be working on a show or something.

This sucks. I'm gonna be afraid to get attached to the new hires, because they'll just be gone soon enough too.

It kind of blows my mind how hard it is for them to hold on to people. Their employment scheme is essentially one in one out

It's not all the surprising. These guys have legit production/editorial skills that are in demand in more fields than just video game websites. Same thing with Vinny.

V_Ben

Banned
Man, that news is equal parts exciting for drew, and sad for GB. He really came into his own, and has been such a fun presence.

i mean, to be clear here, drew never seemed to have a very deep interest in most video games and didn't have the context of the industry that make jeff and brad interesting to listen too. nor was he really outgoing and obviously funny on the level of dan and vinny.

but he was also absurdly talented at video production and brought a worldly knowledge to the website that i'm gonna miss a lot. he also seems like a genuinely interesting and super nice guy.

the fact we'll never get an iceland or gb versus a roller coaster style video from him sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom