• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catvoca

Banned
I'm going to miss Drew. I'll always respect how he came out of his shell and stepped up to the plate to became such a big part of the site after Ryan passed.

GB will go on though. Looking forward to fresh blood in GBWest.

Guys, they're going to hire people.

Hold your fucking horses.

drew seems like the hardest to replace outside of the original founders tbh

I'm going to miss Drew. I'll always respect how he came out of his shell and stepped up to the plate to became such a big part of the site after Ryan passed.

GB will go on though. Looking forward to fresh blood in GBWest.

yeah, last drew gushing bit from me, but as someone who spent a lot of time being quiet in his life, the way drew came out of his shell after ryan passed to keep things going was lowkey inspiring as an individual and professional.

Lunar FC

i mean, to be clear here, drew never seemed to have a very deep interest in most video games and didn't have the context of the industry that make jeff and brad interesting to listen too. nor was he really outgoing and obviously funny on the level of dan and vinny.

but he was also absurdly talented at video production and brought a worldly knowledge to the website that i'm gonna miss a lot. he also seems like a genuinely interesting and super nice guy.

the fact we'll never get an iceland or gb versus a roller coaster style video from him sucks.

I'd say he is the most outgoing and often times the funniest gb member.

edit: may have interpreted your post wrong idk.

Good luck Drew on whatever you're doing next.

Kinda makes me sad that I'm not expecting much from Giant Bomb west for a while.

Excited for new hires but they've taken so long to even get started I don't know when to expect anyone new to start.

Could be months still until anyone new.

If Giant Beast can do well with just three duders, west should be able to just as well, but unfortunately there hasn't been any proof of this the past few months.

Sucks for Jason. He seems to get sick quite often which is understandable when he has a young kid. Would make it hard for the Jeff and Brad to do any video stuff in the office without him. (Jeff mentioned this type of problem in his latest Jar Time video.)

Are there even any video staff at GameSpot that could help out in these instances?

Been following along with Giant Bomb non-stop without fail since 2009 and it does kinda feel like the lowest point in Giant Bomb history with regards to content these days.

Again, excited for new hires. What will Giant Bomb even look like by the end of the year?! Weird to think about.

Moaradin

Wow, this has been a huge bummer. Drew has been one of my favorites since I discovered this site a few years ago. Really hope they get new hires soon because maaaaan GB West is lacking in unique voices right now.

Kaizer

Banned
Man, just saw the news in the other thread - WHAT THE FUCK! If it wasn't for Giant Beast I probably wouldn't subscribe anymore. No more Drew on Game Tapes or Demo Derby ajahahdjdjdkkkdj

can't believe drew is leaving... fuck!!

in a perfect world jeff and brad would move east and consolidate the team again because they always produce the best #content when they are all together

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So whoever they hire next will be compared to Drew, Austin and Dan for years to come. Good luck to whichever sorry soul they pick.

Did they say when?

Mr. F

Banned
It's not all the surprising. These guys have legit production/editorial skills that are in demand in more fields than just video game websites. Same thing with Vinny.

Oh totally. I guess it's just kind of unfortunate timing considering there's always been the line of them being spread thin on the production end and how that impacts content. To finally have new hires on the horizon and still have that issue is a bit of a bummer.

(Wish him the best though of course, curious what he'll be up to).

Fuck, that really sucks about Drew leaving. He had the most interesting tastes and provided a lot of the moat unique content in that regard.

Hope he does well with whatever he plans next.

I'd say he is the most outgoing and often times the funniest gb member.

edit: may have interpreted your post wrong idk.

i guess i meant outgoing in terms of dan's "i'm gonna be a minor league wrestling star". dude was a little more reserved than that and contributes much less on the bombcast than jeff or brad.

i agree he's also probably the funniest, but in a less loud and obvious way than vinny.

Google

i mean, to be clear here, drew never seemed to have a very deep interest in most video games

No?

He grew up on the Genesis.

Worked in videogame development

Worked at a videogame website for 9 years.

Plays hardcore flight sims at home.

What about that screams "I dont have a deep interest in videogames"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom