• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

God damn, west is going to be barren for the time being. Them hiring new people us probably still going to take forever. Also I liked Drew, so that doesn't help either.

Not Drew! This sucks. I really enjoy him and this means we'll be forced to always have Rorie in there. I don't hate Rorie, but I don't care for him on the podcast.

Which one is Drew again?

E9dnyaRl.png

Drew was needed for West not to totally suck. Jeff can't carry Brad, Jason and Rorie.

Just kill West and build up East at this point.

Sucks, Drew was always one of the best. Good luck fella.

RIP Bombcast / Giant Bomb West. It had a good run.

I would be shocked if they don't hire two people tbh. I feel like they were talking about hiring more folks even before Austin left.

They've been talking about new hires for a long, long time. If we're lucky, then maybe they're holding off until everything happens with Drew before they announce anything, but their past speed of new hires/replacements makes me pessimistic about how long it'll be.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm sure we'll come to like the new hires but the problem is the interim until they at last get the new hires (Which feels like it's gonna take ages lol) and then the time it takes for the new hires to get comfortable.

I can just expect this years GOTY will be even more Jeff and Brad dominated than usual.

Hasney

They've been talking about new hires for a long, long time. If we're lucky, then maybe they're holding off until everything happens with Drew before they announce anything, but their past speed of new hires/replacements makes me pessimistic about how long it'll be.

The West editorial position is already up. Jeff said on Jar Time that he's started going through resumes, so if the right person comes through in interviews, I guess kt will just depend on notice.

CrazyDude

Drew was needed for West not to totally suck. Jeff can't carry Brad, Jason and Rorie.

Just kill West and build up East at this point.

Sucks, Drew was always one of the best. Good luck fella.

They need to hire someone who can motivate the west to make new content like Dan.

StoveOven

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KYuWEaqU9E

I'll miss Drew a lot. He was always the straight man at Giant Bomb who would react to the absurdity around him, and it was great to watch him grow as a personality over the years. But he's also a super talented guy who almost felt wasted at GB. I'm not surprised that the man who wakes up early to fly airplanes every morning has larger ambitions.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Look, I like Drew. But his contribution on the bombcast was like 3 or 4 lines.

Stop making me feel sad.

They need to hire someone who can motivate the west to make new content like Dan.

Except now they need two people like that. Their history has been pretty good with hires but I do think West's best days are long gone.

At least we have East.

The problem is East and West not 'sharing' games so half the content will be coming from the worse studio.

Sakwoff

Oh no. :(

"Man who talks about games on the internet" was never going to be the thing Drew does forever, but... yeah. Sucks for us. Godspeed and all the best for his future endeavours!

Plus the speed of a giant corporation like CBS in general. It takes them forever just to put up a job requisition. In my job if I'm replacing an existing position, I can get a job requisition put in within a matter of days. CBS seems to take months just to get to that point which leads to the problem of once they replace someone, someone else gets recruited and leaves.

True, though east seems to make do with Vinny. Then again Vinny did mention that being the singular video guy kinda sucks.

that and Vinny is wasted behind a camera. I think they need people who can do both editorial and video. Or they can just force Jason to be both even though he's like the opposite of Vinny in that regard.

Meneses

The only good thing to come out of this will be the "best of Drew" videos which hopefully will contain his great impressions and underrated jokes.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Plus the speed of a giant corporation like CBS in general. It takes them forever just to put up a job requisition. In my job if I'm replacing an existing position, I can get a job requisition put in within a matter of days. CBS seems to take months just to get to that point which leads to the problem of once they replace someone, someone else gets recruited and leaves.
Must be a part of the contract when CBS bought them.

My sister is interning with CBS news at the moment.

Megasoum

Banned
What worries me about him going solo is that, as much as I love Drew, he doesn't have much of a front of the Camera presence. Especially for hosting.

neshcom

Banned
Moreso than anyone else who I've seen leave Giant Bomb, Drew is totally equipped to do something great. Video producer and on-air talent is in high demand right now, so he'll land on his feet if he hasn't already staked his claim on the next project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom