• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catvoca

Banned
Giant Bomb #27 | До свидания, Дрю

Giant Bomb #27| до свидания, белый парень мигает

I know we're in shock, but let's not resort to making tier lists again.

That's some Lang-tier shit.

Responding to the sadness of Drew leaving by shitting on other members of the site is low.

daveo42

Banned
It's been a real rough year for departures for West. Hopefully they'll either move to NYC or quickly hire in new talent to fill the gaping hole left by Dan and Drew.

Ehh...that's a bit of a stretch. I mean, it could be games, but it's more than likely it's something else. You can infer a bit by what he said that the end of the pod cast that he'll be travelling quite a bit, so gaming might be out. All I know is that he'll have a Patreon up within a few weeks of departing GB and we'll know what he's moved onto in the next stage of life.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ehh...that's a bit of a stretch. I mean, it could be games, but it's more than likely it's something else. You can infer a bit by what he said that the end of the pod cast that he'll be travelling quite a bit, so gaming might be out. All I know is that he'll have a Patreon up within a few weeks of departing GB and we'll know what he's moved onto in the next stage of life.
I would bet against Drew going the Patreon route.

Strax

Giant Bomb #27| до свидания, белый парень мигает

Giant Bomb #27| до свидания, товарищ мигающий белый парень

v9LrJVZ.png

Catvoca

Banned
Giant Bomb #27| до свидания, товарищ мигающий белый парень

Lol

daveo42

Banned
I would bet against Drew going the Patreon route.

Why's that? Seems like a good platform for creators to get backing for their projects. Seems to have suited Danny, EZA, KF, and a ton of other people fairly well and Drew has said he's going solo.

Kaizer

Banned
The wrong people always seem to leave with GB...

Great:
Vinny
Dave (gone)
Patrick (gone)
Drew (gone)
Jeff

Good:
Ryan (RIP)
Brad
Alex
Dan

Alright:
Austin (gone)
Rorie

Oh dear:
Jason

LOL this list is terrible, Austin was awesome and Dan pretty much saved the site at a time it was in a bad spot after Ryan's passing. I genuinely have liked everyone that's been at Giant Bomb for the most part. Rorie's brand of dark humor has even grown on me over the years.

skynidas

Banned
He will probably be travelling and filming it or something like that. Sad that he is leaving, and good thing that I canceled my sub months ago, the site is not in a good place right now.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Alt-F1 will probably continue. Danny and Drew seem to enjoy doing it. Unless F1 goes to shit
even more

Why's that? Seems like a good platform for creators to get backing for their projects. Seems to have suited Danny, EZA, KF, and a ton of other people fairly well and Drew has said he's going solo.
Hard to explain, but I don't see him as someone asking for money to realise his creative ideas.

Tagyhag

This sucks man, this SUCKS.

I mean, good for Drew, and I hope everything goes well.

But man, he will be sorely missed.

No Drew Stranding :[

God damnit!
Whomever takes his spot has big shoes to fill. Drew was not only a great video producer, but a great personality, willing to do dumb shows with Dan for whatever reason, funny, and brought a lot of non game knowledge to the podcast and other shows. I loved hearing about the process of getting a pilots license or about WWII Submarines and other stuff.

GB West seems so small now. Hopefully CBS speeds up whatever slow process they have for opening up job spots. It feels like it's been two years since they talked about hiring people, and only now applications are being reviewed.

daveo42

Banned
Hard to explain, but I don't see him as someone asking for money to realise his creative ideas.

Well, whatever he is doing, I hope he has the capital to do it. I'm interested in where he's going on this journey and hope he can succeed in doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom